phil hill fits the bill

Koop11

This is arguably the strongest Brit pack we have had in Elite League era. We will have depth this season which is reasuring should the injuries hit us again!

I agree your Brits are well up there with Giants, Panthers and Steelers. Only thing is what sort of imports will Devils sign now? As a lot of budget no doubt be spent on Brits.
Blaze, Devils and Clan should be close on budgets but you guys must be favourite for one of the top 4 positions in EIHL with your signings to date, just be interesting who you guys sign now regarding remaining imports quality or quantity. Either way top job on the Brits guys, just wish the import limits were scrapped tbh.

Have Hope#35

Another great British signing... Perhaps not his best season last year, the injury didn't help! He puts good points up though so i'm definitely pleased to have him back... It would appear that our Brit Pack is complete now? Bring on the final 7 Imports... :D

Finny

One of the most underrated players in the league, and I just don't understand the criticism he sometimes gets from our own fans. Over the past couple of seasons when we need a big goal, it has almost always been Hill who gets it.

Delighted he is back again, and our brit pack does look fantastic.

Wagstaff

clanfandoug said:
I agree your Brits are well up there with Giants, Panthers and Steelers. Only thing is what sort of imports will Devils sign now? As a lot of budget no doubt be spent on Brits.
Blaze, Devils and Clan should be close on budgets but you guys must be favourite for one of the top 4 positions in EIHL with your signings to date, just be interesting who you guys sign now regarding remaining imports quality or quantity. Either way top job on the Brits guys, just wish the import limits were scrapped tbh.
All depends on the size of the budget, Im sure all clubs will be trying to wriggle some extra out of the sponsors and some wise spending, if the imports stack up as well as the home grown talent I think this could shape up to be a title challenging side

Have Hope#35

Wagstaff said:
clanfandoug said:
All depends on the size of the budget, Im sure all clubs will be trying to wriggle some extra out of the sponsors and some wise spending, if the imports stack up as well as the home grown talent I think this could shape up to be a title challenging side
Have to agree with this... Hasn't Myers come in on some sort of Part Sponsorship Deal? Therefore we shouldn't have a much bigger budget for British Players than we had last year, especially with Harding now on a two way! Not certain how the financials work but can't imagine we've spent a huge amount more than last year?

As for the Imports I can only see us having 3 or 4 players to replace from last season? The team is shaping up nicely imho and if we can keep everyone fit then we'll have a great chance of being competitive next season! :D

ASHIPP

clanfandoug said:
Many of our British players are born and bred in Cardiff. They live with family or in their own homes not subsidised by the Club.

BTW welcome back Hilly. His partnership with Stuuu produced some great goals and assists last season. Up to the time of his injury Phil was 2nd top British point scorer in the League.

Finny

I would guess that Myers is not on the same kind of wages he was on in Nottingham. He seems to have initiated the move so he can start a family in Cardiff. I think the PR stated he was also a corporate sponsor, so presumably we will be advertising his business on a 'greatly reduced rate'.

The one place where wages may well go up is returning players who were on Uni deals last year.

wildthing74

I'm so excited at the look of this team already and it's only May and we still have a number of key imports to sign :)
Key for me is us keeping that young 4th line as they all showed they can play and being able to roll 6 capable Brits with 6 import towards will give us great depth and fingers crossed may even help with the injury curse as I worry when guys play too many minutes they get hurt through just being tired out there.
If we keep the other 4 imports that are said to be speaking with G and the rumoured goalie then I would take that for sure and leaves 2 spots to fill but has the makings of a great squad.
I would expect our 3 home grown boys to be pushing likes of Dowd,Clarke,Peacock,Shields etc to be amongst the top 5 Brit scorers in the league.Lets be fair they are capable of 15-20 goals and added to a fit again Mac and hopefully Blight and Stuuu we can be a match for anybody.

Finny said:
....., and I just don't understand the criticism he sometimes gets from our own fans. .........
1.Loses the puck too easily.
2.Poor skater
3.Despite the propaganda, there's no way that he's a "big hitting Brit".
4. Before he was injured last season. he was playing poorly, having little or no influence on the play.

Have Hope#35

schulersagoodun said:
Finny said:
....., and I just don't understand the criticism he sometimes gets from our own fans. .........
1.Loses the puck too easily. Disagree
2.Poor skater. Disagree
3.Despite the propaganda, there's no way that he's a "big hitting Brit". Agree, he's not Physical enough!
4. Before he was injured last season. he was playing poorly, having little or no influence on the play.No chance, someone who has no influence does not put 41 points up in 44 games!

schulersagoodun said:
Finny said:
2.Poor skater
4. Before he was injured last season. he was playing poorly, having little or no influence on the play.
Gotta love his points production though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

danhall76 said:
schulersagoodun said:
Finny said:
2.Poor skater
Gotta love his points production though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Agree with schulersagoodun, don't rate Phil at all. Anyone would have that kind of points prodcution playing on the same line as Stuuu.

A similar example is Sam Smith playing alongside Tylor...

Schulersagoodun: Always rely on you to pop up and slag off Phil at this time of year.
If he's upset you in the past, then why don't you have a chat with him. He's a nice guy really and very approachable. Can be found in the gym everyday or the rink most days.
He's about to start his 13th season with the club, so maybe he's not that bad a player. Luckily for us very few people including Elite & GB coaches don't share your opinion.
No doubt you are also fully aware of the coaches game plans, regarding playng physical and hitting, or sitting off guys. Oh no your not, and this may shock you but they don't just go out and do wht they want. They do have a game plan and are told what to do by the coaches.
I for one am glad Phil is back. Not many 50plus point guys in the league.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #18
BrentisGod said:
Schulersagoodun: Always rely on you to pop up and slag off Phil at this time of year.
If he's upset you in the past, then why don't you have a chat with him. He's a nice guy really and very approachable. Can be found in the gym everyday or the rink most days.
He's about to start his 13th season with the club, so maybe he's not that bad a player. Luckily for us very few people including Elite & GB coaches don't share your opinion.
No doubt you are also fully aware of the coaches game plans, regarding playng physical and hitting, or sitting off guys. Oh no your not, and this may shock you but they don't just go out and do wht they want. They do have a game plan and are told what to do by the coaches.
I for one am glad Phil is back. Not many 50plus point guys in the league.
Tend to agree with you on this and a mix of the other points.
Plays to soft for me to be considered a power forward. Wish he'd hit harder. Before the signing of myres I thought id rather myres. But having both?! Definitely! !! He puts up more points than say batch or piggot so to have him with our other brits is fantastic

Chris

Administrator
He puts up more points than say batch or piggot so to have him with our other brits is fantastic
Has there been any comment about where Batch will be playing next season with us?

I sw so few games last season i've no idea where he ended up, but he played as both a forward and on defence throughout I think its been mentioned on here?