Perceived Arrogance

Hedd Wyn John

That’s easy, don’t talk as if you expect to win. Downplay the Devils chances at winninng, talk up other teams, praise good performances from rivals when you see it. Try not to gush out how great the Devils are etc etc.

James

Administrator
We've stopped a lot of team bating as the Inferno (steelers aside). It's ok to mock other teams when they're probably going to beat you or at least give you a hard won win. It seems unfair when you're competing near the top.

Be arrogant all we want we have the right too...
In 3 and half years we have!
2 years elite champs,
2challenge cups
playoff champions
conference winners.

We been through a lot of crap over the years and now we are winning I’m enjoying every second of it.

It’s a fine line I think. Against Flyers the other night for example there were quite a few people cheering every completed pass we made towards the end while we already had a big lead, and I heard a small chant of ‘are you Steelers in disguise?’ aimed at Flyers. Some would (perhaps rightly) see it as just a bit of fun, others would (perhaps rightly) see it as a bit arrogant.

Each to their own I guess, but I definitely don’t agree with ‘be as arrogant as we want’, let’s win with some class off the ice as well as on it.

Paul Sullivan

It’s a fine line I think. Against Flyers the other night for example there were quite a few people cheering every completed pass we made towards the end while we already had a big lead, and I heard a small chant of ‘are you Steelers in disguise?’ aimed at Flyers. Some would (perhaps rightly) see it as just a bit of fun, others would (perhaps rightly) see it as a bit arrogant.

Each to their own I guess, but I definitely don’t agree with ‘be as arrogant as we want’, let’s win with some class off the ice as well as on it.
If that chant upset anyone, I'll lay good odds they weren't anywhere near Block 17 in the old WNIR when Squirt, Gethin, Wildthing and I were in our pomp. That REALLY would have upset them :p

Earnie

Being arrogant is not a nice thing to be. Choose your words carefully and try not to offend. However the Welsh humour is terrific and some do not understand it.
The chanting etc at end of Fife game was great fun.

pjj365

Easy at the moment - be proud be loud then add - it's early days - long way to go - any team can win any game (depending on audience can add - except Steelers of course)

Kevlar68

Be arrogant all we want we have the right too...
In 3 and half years we have!
2 years elite champs,
2challenge cups
playoff champions
conference winners.

We been through a lot of crap over the years and now we are winning I’m enjoying every second of it.
All that is history. You can be proud of history, not arrogant about it.
Its a new season, still early days, got nothing to be arrogant about. Yes the team are playing great hockey but all teams will have their day at some point.

Pondlife

We're not the steelers so we don;t need to introduce that toxic culture, not that management would sign up to it anyway. There should be no sense of entitlement and we know there will be bumps in the road during the season. Just enjoy the results and the on ice spectacle. If other teams fans have a problem then that's on them. I for 1 am loving the hockey I'm watching and the environment its it's in (be that 4pm or 6pm:))

hip check

What goes around comes around as they say, we're on the crest of a wave atm but things will change around they always do, wouldn't like us to be like Steelers, every teams fans seem to give them stick at every possible opportunity.
They do say be nice on the way up cos you meet the same people on the way back down. Arrogance is not a pleasant thing.

Wannabe2

Most Devils fans aren’t Arrogant, they have been on the other side and have the tee shirts, most also know it can be here today and gone tomorrow. Feeling good and loving what you see is inevitable, as some of the hockey our lads are playing is untrue, however this club and fans will never take that for granted, always respect your opponents and their fans, we need each other to be strong and competitive, that’s what makes this sport the best in the world.

Milky

Depends how you feel about other people opinions really.

I do find it ironic that a lot of people are vocal about The Steelers and their attitude when we could very easily be perceived in a similar light.

Reality is here, we are a successful club.
The bbt days saw 1200 Or So people ???
That 1200 knew the ups and downs.
IAW holds 3000 or so, potentially half have only known the devils win everything.

This whole arrogance/banter/entitlement/offence thing is stupid. Every team has it's stupid fans!
I got called out for posting about how Crowder cost them the 5th goal. Which he did.

This was a response to all the "missing Crowder ?"posts from fife.

Point is if people are are going to get offended at a devils fan gloating, then there's not much you can do about it.

Revel in the moment, we won't mop up everything for ever