Pendulum

sw11

yeah i went, was awsum, my mate saw them in cdiff last year and told me they were good live, but was still blown away. Thought it would just be a dj set too was shocked to see them on instruments, cant wait till they come back. did u enjoy it? im guessin u went?

Becky

Thread starter #3
Ah right cool.Yeah i went it was amazing.Cant wait till they're back either.Lost my phone though which sorta ruined the night but it was enjoyable waking up the next morning with bruises everywhere! Biggest rave ever i think haha.

sw11

yeah i dont fink theyre gna be bck for a while tho :/ prob at least annutha year :( defo gna see them agen tho, was a crazy nyt. Ah yeah everyone seemed to be loosing there phones that night, my mate had his phone stolen. Did you find your phone after? O god yeah tell me about it, i had bruises in places i didnt think could bruise lol. but u know u been to a good rave if you wake up wif bruises :)
was it just me, or was it crazily hot in there? cudda done wif giving free water out or summet

just fink a week ago tnite.... :(

Thread starter #8
Only just noticed replies on here! Yeah you know its been a good night when you have injuries the next day haha. Nah i didn't find my phone after unfortunately! It was definately the hottest place i have been in a while,all of my friends decided to take their tops off it was so hot and as i was right at the front near the end the security and bouncer guys were throwing water over every1 in the crowd. Definately can't wait till they come back to Newport!

Thread starter #10
Yeah their old stuff is a lot better.I don't wanna watch and listen to their songs cause im gutted i have to wait so long to see them again but slam is a very good song.

slams a quality song, but you cant write off there newer stuff, i think some of the songs on there new album are well good, it is a change in style, but hats off to them for trying it

yeah there is nowhere else in newport realistically they could have it tho is there? unless im missing something

anyone else off to any more gigs over the coming months???

Ger-Devils

Newport City Live Arena would have been good for them. I seen a few bands in there over the years.

CIA be next for them I think. Big stepup but if they cut the tour to a few dates and Cardiff get one then they will fill it

i know im double posting here, so sorry guys, but on the topic of gigs, just wondered if anyone knows of some good gigs coming up in the new year? or if anyone is going to any?

Thread starter #16
I know there's Prodigy next year..but they are nowhere near as good as Pendulum imo..depends what sort of gig you wanna go to..I think Funeral For A Friend and bands like that do quite a few gigs..best to search on google and see what's about,also Cardiff Uni have some coming up i think..

Becky said:
I know there's Prodigy next year..but they are nowhere near as good as Pendulum imo..depends what sort of gig you wanna go to..I think Funeral For A Friend and bands like that do quite a few gigs..best to search on google and see what's about,also Cardiff Uni have some coming up i think..
Matt from FFAF came to a Devils game last year and enjoyed himself, his wife is German so she's no newbie when it comes to hockey.

Iceraider said:
Becky said:
Matt from FFAF came to a Devils game last year and enjoyed himself, his wife is German so she's no newbie when it comes to hockey.
Indeed he did, along with his brother and his Wife. They did say they were going to come along to a few more this season although i haven't seen them down the rink recently. I'll have to ask them next time i see them and encourage them back down again. :) Always nice to have some famous faces down the rink.