Pelle Signs for Giants

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
I cant help but think Paul Ragan has had bad advice from Sheffield and people in Cardiff. I cant see anyone other than Shannon in our office who could offer actual hockey and league advice. They are either Hockey nofices or glorified fans imo. And well in Sheffield he has Dave Simms who is always too blinkered to look at the bigger picture.
This is a vital points, Gazza. PR took over the business to improve it's organsation, it's profile, it's 'integrity' as a business. Shannon was a key component in that. His provinance(sp) and experience with the club, his contacts in the city, his knowledge of the sport - after his 23 year involvement in the club, who is going to replicate that if he isn't there?
There was a much more important function than that - he was involved in negotiating sponsorships and he understood the fanbase. Two fragile relationships that need nuturing and why? Upset either of them and revenue and opportunity is lost.

With rumours of heavy workloads and suggestions that personnel were under instruction to prioritise the Steelers, who is looking after the Devils' interests, making sure they are given the attention they deserve? :evil: With Shannon at the helm, day to day, I never felt that was a worry. Who is organising/in charge of the daily activities/operations whilst Shannon is not there? :?

ASHIPP

phil PLT said:
ASHIPP said:
Who is organising/in charge of the daily activities/operations whilst Shannon is not there? :?
OK I give in, please tell me :lol:
Sorry it sounded like a joke! :lol: It's a legitimate question - from what is being revealed/discussed on these threads, it's difficult to know what's happening there at the moment? :?

Foxy

DevilDom said:
Don't treat me like an idiot and expect me to believe that your response to the issue of Shannon owing the rights to the logo hasn't come from something you have heard or been fed by someone from the club. It's way too specific and detailled to be a guess.
Dont act like an idiot then. Its blinking common sense what Finny has just said.
This attacking him all the time is getting ridiculous yes he works for the club occasionally but hes entitled to his opinion like the rest of us.

I think we've got plenty more to worry about at the moment like Paul Ragan running the Devils into the ground despite his promises. Can we just focus on the important things instead of taking digs all the time!!!

TheStub

Re: Re: Pelle Signs for Giants

Gazza272 said:
I have personally over the years offered my services for free for a variety of different projects that would have had a lot of Thommo Talks type features, would have been weekly and would have incorporated a lot of away team stuff also. I had the idea endorsed by Brent when I told him but when it got to the back office where the 'experts' were situated the idea never got taken anywhere! I was offering my time for free and all my kit for free, who would have thought that was such a bad thing eh? I dont want to be too high on the details of my idea as to be honest now living in London I think I may take it to EPL clubs who will hopefully be more receptive.
There seems to be an attitude that if the club haven't thought of it, then it isn't worth doing. Also, no one is as expert as them.

drummer-sean said:
Good thing the back office don't build the side then ;)
Yeah, lucky good job they only have to raise the funds to sign them, find sponsors to house them transport them & kit them out. What they need is a guy who can schmooze these types of people, make them feel wanted and appreciated, you know, like a Shannon Hope type of guy. Oh, wait a minute, bugger :roll:

chi-chi panda said:
What they need is a guy who can schmooze these types of people, make them feel wanted and appreciated, you know, like a Shannon Hope type of guy. Oh, wait a minute, bugger :roll:
Have you ever dealt with Shannon in a business / sponsorship role?
Or know anybody that has?

Wanted & appreciated? or over-promised & disappointed?

DevilDom

Foxy said:
Its blinking common sense what Finny has just said.
Is it really? Well I apologise then. It must be just me who doesn't know the inner workings of a hockey club in crisis as I'd thought it was far from obvious that a disgruntled ex-employee is going to roll over and do exactly what the club want / expect of him.

Imagine said:
Have you ever dealt with Shannon in a business / sponsorship role?
Or know anybody that has?

Wanted & appreciated? or over-promised & disappointed?
If I look back over your posts, Imagine, I sense a certain rhythm to them. And people think Finny is bad! :roll:

Holl_5 said:
If I look back over your posts, Imagine, I sense a certain rhythm to them. And people think Finny is bad! :roll:
Sorry, I tend to take my complaints / concerns, and there were a couple last season, direct to the organisation rather than on a forum.

I should know better than to read here, but I do look in now and then.
What disappoints me is the level of animosity and the amount of "I know this for a fact..." stuff that gets posted. Yes yes I know, if I don't like it, don't read it.

As for being like Finny, sorry I'm not on here anywhere near enough to get his post count :)