Paul Thompson is Frustrated

BostonBart22

What thommo has said and the manner in which he has said it is actually extremely sexist and the league should take action even if simply to force thommo to publicly apologise.

We have seen people in other sports sacked for similarly sexist comments (was it Andy gray or possibly another commentator making sexist comments about a female 'linesman'?).

This kind of sexist comment needs to be stamped out. And managers and players should not be able to make public statements condemning the officials without recourse. Until we stop this happening the sport does not come across as professional.
the other one was richard keys , ex sky sports, Janine should get a full apology on the 11th dec. when thommo is back with the team, maybe a bunch of flowers on the ice in front of everyone, or privatley , cant see it though.

jimmy snels

the other one was richard keys , ex sky sports, Janine should get a full apology on the 11th dec. when thommo is back with the team, maybe a bunch of flowers on the ice in front of everyone, or privatley , cant see it though.
I honestly think we're far to nice to this bellend. we should make his life a bloody misery if you ask me. will happily sit behind bench if someone fancies a swap and lay into him for the entire game

Great news. Well done elite league!
It's better than nothing (or at least the perception of nothing), but is a £100 fine going to stop someone from running their mouth? Sorry, but that is a joke of a fine considering these are professional sportspeople and organisations. If you want to make a point of stopping this kind of thing, in my mind the lowest tier fine should be £1,000 - that's going to put things into perspective for certain organisations and individuals a lot quicker.

terry hunt

If he is that frustrated i am told there are many sex aids available even Amazon sells them.
But i am sure an individual like Thommo is very proficient with his hands.
Apologies in advance for any offence.

Samael

Handy that the new laws basically give everyone a clean slate. Where did the fines of 200 and 300 come from?
More EIHL bullshine then. So the Devils have been given a £200 fine for what exactly? Then the Steelers get £300 when the Brummie gasbag is on twatter every week spouting shit about bent refs. Like I said earlier nothing fair will be done while the EIHL is chaired by the owner of the biggest club in the league.

ASHIPP

Simms is trying to exonerate any comments he might have made by saying that his comments on Twitter, forums etc were all said using his own name and personal account.

He just doesn't get it. He works for the Steelers, he carries out duties on their behalf...whatever he says about ice hockey in his name he is still a representative of that club. Yes, happy to make comments but not be accountable.

Chris

Administrator
Simms is trying to exonerate any comments he might have made by saying that his comments on Twitter, forums etc were all said using his own name and personal account.

He just doesn't get it. He works for the Steelers, he carries out duties on their behalf...whatever he says about ice hockey in his name he is still a representative of that club. Yes, happy to make comments but not be accountable.
I think you'll find that's his reply to people suggesting he sets up a parody account after the EIHL PR went live.

He said that he wouldn't create another account as he has never hidden behind a parody account, or words to that effect.

Quite simple really,follow the lines of rugby!Give the ref a microphone pinned to his chest,how embarrassing will it be for the player then to be heard bashing/slating a call using foul language!Yes,games aren't shown on live tv but anything caught can then be given to elite league board and the player/coach can't deny any of it!

Earnie

Something had to be done that is for sure. Maybe when things settle down ,a review of that statement from Elite League might be in order.

Devil_Abroad

Handy that the new laws basically give everyone a clean slate. Where did the fines of 200 and 300 come from?
I think I'm reading the release differently to everyone else. The fines quoted are those already given this year under the current system.

They've now decided to amend the structure going forward so each time you are found to have broken the rules it's no longer £100 but increases to £1,000 second offence and £10,000 third offence. They also carry on from season to season.

So it isn't wiping the slate clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it that the fines are against certain people so if Simmsy and Thompson make comments they get £100 fine each that steelers have to pay then if simmsy makes another comment then it increases to £1000 even if it is the next week or the next season. Not sure what we were fined for I'm guessing either things that were said at the ice guardians premier or kelmans comments on the fife incident.

On a side note I bet Smichel (I know that is spelt wrong) is Thomson and Simmsys best mate tonight after ruling out the panthers equaliser due to a players chin strap not being secured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk