Paul Crowder

Wannabe2

Crowder played just under 100 AHL games, and that’s no mean feat, good player who looked disinterested, but was probably as dedicated as anyone.

ASHIPP

Linglet + Hedden + Dixon = 19 Points.

Crowder = 17 points.

Food for thought.
Fife are hot at the moment. Why? They have one outstanding line of forwards and a first class goalie who gives them a chance to win every night. Play on a line with natural goal scorers and you are going to pick up points yourself with assists and lift your own game. However, they encounter injuries, there could be problems.

Devils have such depth in their ranks that goals and assists could and will come from anywhere, including our defence (eg Blood and Louis both scoring in the last game). They are not going to have one out and out point 'racker' when so many players contribute.

Know which option I like on my Team.

Hedd Wyn John

Fife are hot at the moment. Why? They have one outstanding line of forwards and a first class goalie who gives them a chance to win every night. Play on a line with natural goal scorers and you are going to pick up points yourself with assists and lift your own game. However, they encounter injuries, there could be problems.

Devils have such depth in their ranks that goals and assists could and will come from anywhere, including our defence (eg Blood and Louis both scoring in the last game). They are not going to have one out and out point 'racker' when so many players contribute.

The hockey season is a long haul especially when you factor in CHL & CC on top. Having strength in depth particularly when it comes to the latter end of the season is huge. Having stand out point scoring stars is great & all but if they pick up an injury that’s a big blow.

trapped

If you look at the challenge cup scoring stats, the devils feature prominently at the top of the list, including people like Linglet and Hedden. Crowder is going at a slower pace there. It is a great top line in Fife, no question. They're a decent side and should challenge again this year.

zoesdevil

This happened last season to Fife & they lost their way a bit when their top scorers got injuries.

fifer

This happened last season to Fife & they lost their way a bit when their top scorers got injuries.
The problem last year was we lost our top scorer (Bloodoff), goalie (Iles) and best Dman (Young) at the same time. Plus that all happened as the schedule got crazy busy because, for some reason, we'd had a lot of 1 game weeks early in the season. We were left playing as many as 5 games in a week while short those guys (plus others). Not many teams would pick up many points in that situation, and we just didn't have the depth to cope and dropped from 3rd with games in hand to 7th very quickly. This year we've added a couple of decent brits in Mckenzie & Buesa, and they can soak up a decent amount of ice time. Adding Bulmer, Crowder and Basaraba has definitely strengthened our offence, the D I'm not so sure about but it's getting better, and while Isles was a great goalie for us, I do think Owen is better. Overall I think we're going to be a better team this year than last with a little more depth. Hopefully we'll see more ice time for youngsters Chad Smith, Cally Robertson and Reece Cochrane too, and make them regulars in the EIHL. Dutes seems to be making an effort to get them out on the ice for the odd shift this year which is a positive improvement from last year.
Crowder seems to be a good fit for us. His family seem to be settled and his son is in the learn to play team. Much as you all think Cardiff is much better than Kirkcaldy you need to look at the wider area to understand why he's happy here. Fife is a beautiful Kingdom, and there's lots to do with kids on their doorstep. A great coastline to explore and more great golf courses than you can shake a club at. Then you've got Edinburgh half an hour away in one direction, Dundee the same distance in the other, and you can be in Glasgow in and hour and a half if you're desparate for a big dirty city!

fifer

And another goal for Crowder tonight. I thought he wasn't going to get one, but the last minute empty netter kept the point streak going.

He can score 100 points if he wants but if 2nd n 3rd line don’t score and the defence are not up for it then they still won’t win anything.

Fair do’s to fife though signed majority of the players back and like the devils it’s paying off for them.

fifer

He can score 100 points if he wants but if 2nd n 3rd line don’t score and the defence are not up for it then they still won’t win anything.

Fair do’s to fife though signed majority of the players back and like the devils it’s paying off for them.
I don't think scoring will be an issue. Bloodoff, Gauthier, Bulmer, Schaber and Finucci are all regulars on the score sheet. If the D sort themselves out we'll be fine.

Temme

I don't think scoring will be an issue. Bloodoff, Gauthier, Bulmer, Schaber and Finucci are all regulars on the score sheet. If the D sort themselves out we'll be fine.
I hope this is your year, for one of the "smaller" clubs you've always performed well but seem to hit a stumbling block or not quite get there.

Gut feeling tells me you'll end up mid table somewhere (again) this year despite a brilliant start.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #54
If we don’t win it, I’d love to see Fife end up as Champions. Fantastic heritage there and I struggle to remember when they won something last (fifer - can you enlighten us)?

It’s also a refreshing change from the Giants, Steelers, Panthers triumvirate.

fifer

If we don’t win it, I’d love to see Fife end up as Champions. Fantastic heritage there and I struggle to remember when they won something last (fifer - can you enlighten us)?

It’s also a refreshing change from the Giants, Steelers, Panthers triumvirate.
In the EIHL it would be the Gardiner Conference last season.
Prior to joining the league in 2011 we won pretty much everything that was available to us in the SNL, Celtic League, Northern league or what ever we ended up in each year. It's hard for you guys to count that as anything worthwhile but it's all we had for too many years.
I think we last won the BNL in 2003-4,
it folded at the end of the following season.

Last edited: