Patrick Asselin

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
Anyone know what’s the matter with him? Don’t recall him picking up an injury in a game and not even seen him at the rink for a while. The other injured guys tend to help out on the bench or be around the team, seems strange he isn’t.

pjj365

If that's the case that's not good enough for me. He's paid as a professional hockey player, two nights a week isn't much to give up.
+training +school visits etc. etc.

But if it is paternity leave at least we will be saving some money - it is not on full pay

Outsider

Come on people ! Do you really think that professional athletes go on paternity leave ?? I'm sure he has a knock of some kind and will be back as soon as possible

Devil_Abroad

That’s what happened last night with O’Connor wasn’t it? He travelled down on the bus but his wife went into labour and so he went back up? I’m sure Asselin has an injury. When we went to Flames he was jogging around the track with a HUGE bandage around one of his knees. I’m not saying that’s the problem as I don’t know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

We were back to our limit of 14 imports last night.
Maybe so, but if right, that was the first time for weeks. I have no problem with players missing a game or two for the birth of their child, that’s entirely understandable but I just can’t believe that absence would last one month! That suggestion must be nonsense. It has to be an injury that is keeping Asselin out.

ASHIPP

Can only imagine that the suggestion of paternity leave is an attempt at humour!

If Azzy has a knee injury, that can take a while to heal after careful management. Many long-term fans will remember players before Brent Walton who incurred similar injuries and the recovery period - Mac Faulkner and Kenton Smith to name two.

Am sure Azzy is as anxious to be playing again as the fans are to see him back on the ice. Hope his recovery is going well.

pjj365

Can only imagine that the suggestion of paternity leave is an attempt at humour!

If Azzy has a knee injury, that can take a while to heal after careful management. Many long-term fans will remember players before Brent Walton who incurred similar injuries and the recovery period - Mac Faulkner and Kenton Smith to name two.

Am sure Azzy is as anxious to be playing again as the fans are to see him back on the ice. Hope his recovery is going well.
The comment on paternity leave was only partially in jest - after all no one has "found" an injury

And whilst I would agree about professional sportsmen typically not taking leave as I said - who knows

Finny

Asselin has been injured. As has Haddad.

Are they both still injured? I don't know. But as I pointed out earlier in the thread we were back to 14 imports on Saturday so if Asselin is fit someone would have had to have been rested anyway.