Patrick Asselin

Samael

Thread starter #1
Was he signed to a one or two year contract? He's very good at turning up for Steelers games and has done a number on them quite a few times. I'm worried they will try and pinch him next year if he's only here for one season. The good thing is though unless he likes taking photos of cars with their windows smashed and industrial shit holes he might not be so tempted to accept the fat wad they are likely to offer him.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Apart from Lord obviously i thought they would all be on one year deals?

Although i am pretty sure his family lives over here with him so could be a sign its longer than the one season. If not sign him up now please! Remarkable that he didn't even play last year!

Fournier and Doucet were signed on two-year deals, so it's not out of the question.

You'd hope that because we were the ones to take a punt on him (though I'm sure he probably had other offers), and things - right now, at least - are going well, he'll want to come back to us. From the way Lordo talks about him in interviews, I'd say he's a big fan of Asselin, and I would put myself in that category too. The guy looks to be a real talent.

Wannabe2

Was he signed to a one or two year contract? He's very good at turning up for Steelers games and has done a number on them quite a few times. I'm worried they will try and pinch him next year if he's only here for one season. The good thing is though unless he likes taking photos of cars with their windows smashed and industrial shit holes he might not be so tempted to accept the fat wad they are likely to offer him.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
I personally believe the days of Sheffield poaching players, that the Devils wanted to keep is gone, not that it was ever rife, in fact it's been the other way around on quite a few occasions. I agree that we should be exploring every avenue possible to keep Asselin, and that is possibly happening as we speak,he really is sublime for the Devils.

Samael

Thread starter #5
I personally believe the days of Sheffield poaching players, that the Devils wanted to keep is gone, not that it was ever rife, in fact it's been the other way around on quite a few occasions. I agree that we should be exploring every avenue possible to keep Asselin, and that is possibly happening as we speak,he really is sublime for the Devils.
They jumped on that caps forward (forgotten his name already lol) who was top scorer last year as soon as he was avaiable when he was released. Ok the circumstances were a bit different in that Edinburgh were possibly trying to get rid due to attitude and monetary reasons and thats not the case with Patrick and the club, but it does make you think about the way Sheffield operate.

Have Hope#35

They jumped on that caps forward (forgotten his name already lol) who was top scorer last year as soon as he was avaiable when he was released. Ok the circumstances were a bit different in that Edinburgh were possibly trying to get rid due to attitude and monetary reasons and thats not the case with Patrick and the club, but it does make you think about the way Sheffield operate.
Clubs have to agree for that to happen... Players are only fair game at the end of a season! Edinburgh only agreed because Sheffield offered a financial reward for taking him off their hands! And he was sh!t for them in the end so it all worked out well.

ASHIPP

Think there is a lot more to considering offers from other clubs in the off-season than money. All sorts of factors are important especially if the player is married/ has children. It depends on the quality of the club they are currently at, are they happy there, can the players enjoy a good team spirit, further their own person ambitions by challenging for trophies etc.

One year contracts allow club and player to consider options. I am delighted, that for whatever reasons, so many of our current players have opted to stay with us. A solid core going forward is great for stability and evolution of the team - for the players on a personal level, hopefully it indicates they are contented here ,enjoy the set-up and feel they can be part of something special.

Azzy is a player with awesome skill and very exciting to watch - a gem of a recommendation from Wally in the off-season. Hope Azzy and his lovely family are happy enough to stay a while. Let's enjoy all the skill while he's here.

Asselin is fast becoming a fan fav. as previously mentioned a down to earth guy and well he certainly is a skilled player I would like to see with the club for at least another year or so.

Samael

Thread starter #10
Azzy is a player with awesome skill and very exciting to watch - a gem of a recommendation from Wally in the off-season. Hope Azzy and his lovely family are happy enough to stay a while. Let's enjoy all the skill while he's here.
I certainly enjoy his skill of sticking it to the Steelers!!
But yes, very down to earth and one of the good guys most definitely, kudos to wally for getting him on our radar in the off season.