Parking this weekend?

davew

Given that it took about 20 minutes to leave the car park tonight (with attendance of 1000ish) something has to be arranged, as that is ridiculous.

And to the folk who say about paying attention to signs - those parking restriction signs have always been displayed in the morrisons car park, they are not new! I would not have parked there on Thursday if I had been aware of the changes...

august04

It beggars belief that coming out of the rink tonight, you see a huge, empty car park in Toys R Us, the same at Morrisons and unused land around the arena which could be utilised as parking spaces. And severely limited parking for 1500 people or however many were present tonight. God help us when the real stuff starts and we have 3000 plus at IAW plus swimming galas at the pool. You couldn't make it up and the council need to get involved here urgently.

matbur

Yeah, Devils need to get on top of this and try and find a practical solution/compromise. Sure, it's not directly their responsibility but it is their fan base.

Would imagine their trying to work something out behind the scenes, fingers crossed.

pjj365

It beggars belief that coming out of the rink tonight, you see a huge, empty car park in Toys R Us, the same at Morrisons and unused land around the arena which could be utilised as parking spaces. And severely limited parking for 1500 people or however many were present tonight. God help us when the real stuff starts and we have 3000 plus at IAW plus swimming galas at the pool. You couldn't make it up and the council need to get involved here urgently.
For those who want to communicate to bring pressure

Of broad use (maybe) for wider concerns:
AM Vaugh Gethin - Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing & Sport @vaughngethin; vaughan.gethin@gov.Wales
MP Stephen Doughty @SDoughtyMP; stephen.doughty@parliament.uk

For more specific local issues:
Cardiff Council Cabinet Member for Culture & Leisure - Peter Bradbury @PEBradbury; peter.bradbury@Cardiff.gov.uk
Cardiff City Constituency Grangetown - emails all @Cardiff.gov.uk
ash.lister; abdul.suttar; lynda.thorne

I have also tried to find email and Twitter for Greenbank director and company secretary but can't find. He is though on LinkedIn but I am no longer active there. He is Peter John Bradbutt

Over to you

If anyone is unfortunate enough to receive a fine just ignore it. They are only enforceable if they are issued by the police or local council. I received about 5 in Asda car park by the Cardiff City stadium and didn't pay any of them. 4-5 years later I haven't heard anything apart from the initial letter. These parking companies just try their luck.

I'd recommend reading this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ask-a-money-expert/do-have-pay-car-park-fines/

There are 3,000 tickets issued everyday, some may well have a case to defend, but it is private land and breaking the unwritten contract you legally agree to by parking on that land makes it perfectly legal for those companies to seek charges when people break that contract without an acceptable mitigating excuse. All private land owners have the right to enforce these charges and seek payments via the courts, you also have the right to challenge. I would suggest that using private land in the manor fans do for hockey nights would not have much of a chance in challenging these perfectly legal Parking Charge Notices. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

It is all well and good discussing Morrisons rights to enforce their parking restrictions and/or looking to circumvent their and TRU rules. It is not a solution

Later today I will be emailing relevant council members and would urge others to do the same.

I would suggest that this not be critical of Morrisons but seeks to get the Council and Greenbank working together. It might also help if it is pointed out the exposure hockey brings to other major UK cities and how the current situation devalues Cardiff's reputation for well run sporting events

Email addresses above

pjj365

We can barely get Greenback to work with us, let alone the council!
True but that is no reason not to try

If people had done nothing there would have been no BBT and no IAW and no hockey

The other side of the coin is that the Council will not react to one mail from me - numbers are needed

Milky

If anyone is unfortunate enough to receive a fine just ignore it. They are only enforceable if they are issued by the police or local council. I received about 5 in Asda car park by the Cardiff City stadium and didn't pay any of them. 4-5 years later I haven't heard anything apart from the initial letter. These parking companies just try their luck.
Great way for fans of the club to act. Flagrantly ignore Morrisons instructions just because it suits you with a 'just try and stop me' approach.

Yeah, that'll really endear us to everyone and help our cause.

Gough60

be interested to hear your thoughts when 4-5 CCJ's are put against your name. Coz thats what they will do.

pjj365

It is obviously in Devil's commercial interest that their fans do no not have issues of this kind. You can be sure they are on the case.
I have no doubt they are but if we can help - and that includes nor ignoring Morrisons and their car parking contractors - then we should

It would appear that this issue started with problems last Christmas when the Club specifically asked us not to park there. Continuing to ignore/defy Morrisons can only make it worse and damage any discussions the Club may be having

I actually switched from shopping in Sainsbury's to Morrisons when Morrisons allowed us to use the car park. I buy my shopping and get my petrol from there which is probably around £300 a month. I was thinking of emailing Morrisons and telling them I'm going back to Sainsburys.I doubt their head office has any idea what is going on. £300 is not a lot to a company like them but if 10-20 people sent them the same message I wonder if they would act on it?

I fully agree with pjj365, Morrisons is not the issue, they provide ample park for their clients. Parking is a major issue this year, why ? My personal take on it is this, the land and the IAW is being run in a manor to facilitate a future different to its current form. Who knows what that plan is l don't, who is involved or aware, l believe everyone at a high level involved in the IAW and possibly it main tenants, for sure it will be the fans who will find out last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pjj365

I actually switched from shopping in Sainsbury's to Morrisons when Morrisons allowed us to use the car park. I buy my shopping and get my petrol from there which is probably around £300 a month. I was thinking of emailing Morrisons and telling them I'm going back to Sainsburys.I doubt their head office has any idea what is going on. £300 is not a lot to a company like them but if 10-20 people sent them the same message I wonder if they would act on it?
I tweeted them - so assume HO - but the answer was a simple hockey fans cannot use
Loss of customs - made public might help

davew

Until the parking situation is fully resolved - when the multi-storey car park in phase 2 of the sports village development is finally built - Perhaps the club and/or a local volunteer should put together a map similar to the one which the Vancouver Giants in the WHL, have put together since their move from the Colliseum at the PNE to Langley, where they have similar pressures on the limited parking at the events centre.