Parking this weekend?

Really liking the sound of this, hopefully there will be a sensible solution or comprimise - parking isn't their problem but it is within their interests to ensure fans have easy access etc.

One thing I really love about the organisation is that the staff do generally try and fix things and when they do, they usually they get things right. There was a lot of frustration queuing outside on Sunday and you can imagine how much of a nightmare it would've been if the weather was really bad, but you could see Todd and Katrina were outside genuinely concerned and apologising. The people running the IAW need a right good kick up the arse but as far as the Devils' staff go, as a fan and customer, I really can't fault them. I don't think they read these forums but I hope they realise their efforts are appreciated.
I understand your sentiments, the club is in a really bad situation. These issues shouldn't be happening, it's not as if the rink was a rush job. Being a cheap job, to rectify these issues is going to cost or will simply be bounced back and forth between apologies and blame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

The stewards - don't think they are true security - are as embarrassed as the Club. Looks like they are not being properly briefed

As to the no bag line - it did not exist until Todd got involved. We were waiting for the queue to come to us when he got it running so first in that queue!

pjj365

Really liking the sound of this, hopefully there will be a sensible solution or comprimise - parking isn't their problem but it is within their interests to ensure fans have easy access etc.

One thing I really love about the organisation is that the staff do generally try and fix things and when they do, they usually they get things right. There was a lot of frustration queuing outside on Sunday and you can imagine how much of a nightmare it would've been if the weather was really bad, but you could see Todd and Katrina were outside genuinely concerned and apologising. The people running the IAW need a right good kick up the arse but as far as the Devils' staff go, as a fan and customer, I really can't fault them. I don't think they read these forums but I hope they realise their efforts are appreciated.
It is in the council's interest to sort this as the game night parking is a problem for local residents = rate payers

Pondlife

Thread starter #145
Cogan/Penarth Leisure Centre closes at 6pm on weekends. Don't know what their policy is or whether there is a barrier but if an agreement was made we wouldn't really be taking up spaces used by existing customers.

It is in the council's interest to sort this as the game night parking is a problem for local residents = rate payers
It has been commented on Facebook that the Police have been present in the IAW and have been ticketing cars on the nearby roads. I would imagine they are not to impressed with the Council and Greenbank either.

Wannabe2

The ground that held the BBT should now be tarmaced as a temporary car park, until the Multi Storey car park is built. The pool car park is going soon for housing, so we will have a International Sports Village with no Parking, how stupid. Hopefully our club can talk a bit of sense into Council for a temporary solution. The only Professional Welsh team to have success last season don't have a car park, just how cock eyed is that. We live in hope, at least we have the best Ice Hockey club in the U.K., the rest will come.

Foxy

How long will that last though if crowds drop off because of parking and the club have based the revenue on sell out crowds......... its absolutely ridiculous. As for security when i went into the rink there was none.......... I went to Nottingham on saturday security tables were in place long before match time. All bags were searched the staff all had scanners and no queues. How much bigger is their rink and they coped

Wannabe2

Think everyone realises that Foxy, that's why it's being addressed. Hopefully some positive news soon, till then we have to keep the faith.

Temme

The Devils are as annoyed as any of us with this believe me, and Katrina and co are doing everything they can to help the ridiculous situation.

I haven't bothered with the pre-season ticket due to parking worries, however we did attend the game Sunday and at half capacity the parking as an absolute nightmare, i dread to think how much worse it can get come normal season.
It's a real pain as a season ticket holder to have to worry about where to leave your car - something so trivial!!!!!

In the short term - the BBT grounds are too small to even bother considering tarmac. (needs a multi-storey of course)
Unless Morrisons/TRU are willing to yield there really is no answer.

I did find it funny how TRU had locked 3 cars inside the gates & didn't bother with a tannoy announcement this week and a few devils fans were destroying the wooden fence around to get their cars out!!!!!

pjj365

The Devils are as annoyed as any of us with this believe me, and Katrina and co are doing everything they can to help the ridiculous situation.

I haven't bothered with the pre-season ticket due to parking worries, however we did attend the game Sunday and at half capacity the parking as an absolute nightmare, i dread to think how much worse it can get come normal season.
It's a real pain as a season ticket holder to have to worry about where to leave your car - something so trivial!!!!!

In the short term - the BBT grounds are too small to even bother considering tarmac. (needs a multi-storey of course)
Unless Morrisons/TRU are willing to yield there really is no answer.

I did find it funny how TRU had locked 3 cars inside the gates & didn't bother with a tannoy announcement this week and a few devils fans were destroying the wooden fence around to get their cars out!!!!!
In a way I also find cars locked in funny but not the breaking of fences

It is this kind of behaviour which jeopardizes any deal which Katrina hopes to broker

Have Hope#35

In a way I also find cars locked in funny but not the breaking of fences

It is this kind of behaviour which jeopardizes any deal which Katrina hopes to broker
I got stuck in Toys R Us one Sunday when I lost track of time taking the little one Swimming! It was 5:20pm so I'd run over by 20mins and it was all locked up and bollarded... There is a way out without the need to destroy the already damaged timber fence! It's very tight but my car isn't small and I managed it - I may just have to squeeze out a bit more often if the Parking situation stays the same :D

Jonesy83

I got stuck in Toys R Us one Sunday when I lost track of time taking the little one Swimming! It was 5:20pm so I'd run over by 20mins and it was all locked up and bollarded... There is a way out without the need to destroy the already damaged timber fence! It's very tight but my car isn't small and I managed it - I may just have to squeeze out a bit more often if the Parking situation stays the same :D
My car is small, where do you squeeze out by :) haha!

Well in fairness I have had a response from Morrison's from my email.

Thank you for contacting us.

I have a response from the store Manager Mark and the Estates team Here at Head Office regarding the parking at the store.

They have advised that you are able to use the car park when the store is closed, so feel free to use this on Sunday's from 4pm.

We kindly ask not to use in opening hours as we need to make sure spaces are available for our customers.

Kind regards,
Tracey Mcaleavy

Customer Assistant
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC

Perhaps we need to go back to Sunday being the Hockey night in Cardiff.

At least that clarifies Sunday's. Although part of me would want further clarification from the firm enforcing the charges, just to be sure.

Have Hope#35

Well in fairness I have had a response from Morrison's from my email.

Thank you for contacting us.

I have a response from the store Manager Mark and the Estates team Here at Head Office regarding the parking at the store.

They have advised that you are able to use the car park when the store is closed, so feel free to use this on Sunday's from 4pm.

We kindly ask not to use in opening hours as we need to make sure spaces are available for our customers.

Kind regards,
Tracey Mcaleavy

Customer Assistant
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC

Perhaps we need to go back to Sunday being the Hockey night in Cardiff.
Sense prevails... I guess the sign doesn't make out of hours parking clear and as I said before was open to interpretation! Thanks for posting this though as it's a bit of reassurance.

Just made an account to ask if anyone knows what the parking restrictions in the Frankie and Benny's/Starbucks car park are like? Although I'm pretty sure they will be customers only it's always worth looking at all options. Typically the Council has a large car park across the road from Morrisons. Good to know I shouldn't get a ticket for parking in Morrisons on Sunday.