Parking this weekend?

Finny

Well left the house this morning to see numerous McDonald's wrappers and other rubbish just dumped by fans last night. What a wonderful set of people we have. The minority yes, but 1 is one too many.

A load on the lane to the Yacht Club who kindly have allowed the fans to use their overflow, a pile in the residents car park, the old BBT area, the swimming pool area, the IAW car park. Dread to think what was left in Morrison's.

Wish I could name and shame, closest I can do is ASSUME that the large DPD van that parked in the residents car park was one of the culprits purely because there was a large pile of McDonald's trash exactly where his van was parked. DPD = Don't Provide Dustbins?

Embarrassed as a fan, disgusted as a resident, amazed as a human being.
How do you know it was rubbish from hockey fans?
The area was very busy yesterday afternoon with families going to the swimming pool. Could it not have been them?

Bazza

The spots where
How do you know it was rubbish from hockey fans?
The area was very busy yesterday afternoon with families going to the swimming pool. Could it not have been them?
I saw the rubbish in question was right by Devils cars. I overlook the spaces. I know other people are equally selfish but I'm 100% sure I know what I saw....!

pjj365

At 430 someone posted the car parks were full - with Devils fans?

I accept there will be much irresponsibility but lets spread the net a bit wider

davew

At 430 someone posted the car parks were full - with Devils fans?

I accept there will be much irresponsibility but lets spread the net a bit wider

That was me. When I arrived there were a few players vehicles and probably a few hockey fans. Sitting in the car observing and waiting for the doors to open, it was clear that a large number of vehicles were from people using the pool/gym. A steady stream of vehicles were driving around looking for the odd space left by a swimmer etc.

I do wander if local residents, both those at the pointe and those who can no longer park in Morrisons are parking in the area too. I would have understood the car parks to be that busy if there was a swimming gala, or if great numbers of people were coming and going at about the same time from the pool. After all those cars must be parked somewhere.....

Bazza

Nobody was parked on the lane to yacht club until about 1800

Fence to old BBT was not open until I guess 1700ish and Devils fans used that

Residents car park was not full of gym or swimmers as I got home 1700 and only about 8-10 cars in there and I'm sure all were residents

Swimming pool car park gates get closed nowadays so residents don't park in there

Yes other people are probably chucking crap in car parks (a childs car seat was dumped on Monday!) but I assure you the new rubbish where I'm saying was Devils fans. No debate. Sorry but 'we' were responsible not the swimmers or gym bunnies!

Just wait till residents around the arena start complaining then the Council might step in
The council are already stepping in and ironically this is due to residents parking on the pavement!

There were public notices up in the summer regarding Cardiff County taking powers to deal with cars parked on the pavements. I'll have a look to see if any are still there later. If the precipitation stops.

That's not actually the case - these are all public car parks (3 pay and display and 1 completely free) that are available for Marina Customers to use, not exclusive for Marina customers use, it is where tourists park etc in the summer, so devils fans can use these quite happily
That's not totally true either. One of the car parks is for the exclusive use of the marina berth holders and is barrier controlled.

However there is free parking in Plymouth Park and on the roads surrounding it.

19 to consider including midweek.

I'm going to use Cogan station or the leisure centre, as by the time you've queued to get out of the IAW you could probably walk to Cogan and back again.
Just be aware that the Cogan Railway Station car park is signed for "rail users only" and that both ATW and BTP do occasionally enforce this with tickets.

That's not totally true either. One of the car parks is for the exclusive use of the marina berth holders and is barrier controlled.

However there is free parking in Plymouth Park and on the roads surrounding it.
I wan't counting the barrier controlled one, there are 3 pay and displays and one free with the barrier controlled car park not withstanding

I think the first pinch point on parking is going to be with us very soon, over the weekend of the 23/24 September the City Of Cardiff Swimming Club have their Club Championships at the CIP and it will effect the Devils game on the Sunday against Manchester lets hope they are finished early.
The next really big problem will be early in November when we play the Steeleers when it is the Welsh Open at the CIP and this is a Saturday game with no Morrison's car park. Lets hope that further alternative arrangements will be in place by then.

We really will need to revert to playing home on Sunday nights next season, perhaps as a club a donation to charity of Morrisons choice , as a sign of appreciation.

ASHIPP

Am I right in thinking some attendees to tonight's game used the Toys R Us carpark? Looked like people crossing the road to collect their cars from there...and several cars parked together trying to leave.
Never going to stop this, unfortunately. Expect there were people parking in Morrison's tonight thinking it was ok.

Doesn't matter how well advertised this season's parking arrangements have been, there will always be people who won't read them properly...or at all.
And there will be first time/infrequent attendees who won't have a clue.

pjj365

Devils need to do more publicity

It was pointed out last year that Twitter, FB and here did not reach all fans. There needs to be information in the program

The web site also needs updating at the getting to the arena and visiting fans sections

Even doing this though will not inform casual walk ups

Paul Sullivan

Devils need to do more publicity

It was pointed out last year that Twitter, FB and here did not reach all fans. There needs to be information in the program

The web site also needs updating at the getting to the arena and visiting fans sections

Even doing this though will not inform casual walk ups
The Devils shift around 200-250 programmes per game, which while an ad might help, it certainly isn't widespread. I'll see about getting info for the screens, which everyone has visibility of.

Gough60

I have never bought a program, not on FB or Twitter. I get my info from devils website or primarily
the Inferno. I'm sure there are new followers to the Devil's who are on none of the above.
A suggestion would be a message on the ticket directing them to Devils website which then offers info on parking on match nights.

Sheincar

" We have agreed that players, staff and volunteers cars will be parked in Morrisons to free up additional spaces in Ice Arena Wales carpark. These cars are only able to park in Morrisons due to registrations being allocated onto the ANPR system. " Sorry but loads of Devils' cars parked in IAW car park last night. Also can people just use 1 space & not 1& 1/2 spaces. If you don't want another car anywhere near yours then parrk elsewhere.

august04

In the Guildford match thread, there's a link to a PDF of the match night programme for tonight's game which can be downloaded for free before the game. Just 6 pages of basic teams info, stats etc which perhaps we should look at adding to game previews on the website - could easily incorporate a parking info page, with relevant info for whatever night of the week the game is on. I like that idea a lot and people could still buy the full match night programme with more info etc. if they preferred that option.