Parisi

Can I remind Devils fans (especially of some age) that early one morning in late August 1989 John Lawless took me aside and told me we had a big problem Paul Castron after agreeing to sign for the club pulled out and we were an input short.

Late afternoon the same day he asked me to pick up our new import and bring him to training - DOUG McEWEN.

And we all know how that ended.

PS

Tom Parisi is not the record holder for the shortest stay in Cardiiff. I am sure some of you can recall the new import who arrived in Cardiff in time to play that night, went to his hotel to rest, his jersey was prepared but he flew home that night

Wannabe2

Tony Fiore signed for the Devils when his club, Milan Devils went bust, Lawless flew him in to play that evening, but in the afternoon he had a phone call to say Milan had been saved, he then told Lawless he was returning home. He was here for a matter of hours, now that takes some beating.

Devil_Abroad

But we actually CAN top that one. We signed Biz a few years ago and just the press release that he had signed spurred the Kings' AHL team to sign him the next day and we agreed to let him go. So 24 hours after signing and before he even flew over, he was gone!
Got your passport ready Steve? How about a fans forum before the Salzburg game?

Devil_Abroad

Got your passport ready Steve? How about a fans forum before the Salzburg game?
But we actually CAN top that one. We signed Biz a few years ago and just the press release that he had signed spurred the Kings' AHL team to sign him the next day and we agreed to let him go. So 24 hours after signing and before he even flew over, he was gone!
In Salzburg that is ;)

Wannabe2

The thing is Steve this guy was in the hotel 100 metres from the Rink at 3pm ready to play at 7pm, and pulled out at
4pm. Totally untrue.

I have my own thoughts on this, nit impressed by his behaviour but its not the end of the world. I dont get people slating him but at the same time I dont see why people are so quick to defend him. Nobody knows why he quit, it could be because he is selfish or because he has other issues. We will never know but either way I very much doubt that he reads this forum or gives a $h!t about what we say.

Ocko

Well Ocko knows best as usual, even though those words came from Lawless mouth in a BBC interview. Still we live and learn.
You said it was untrue. So I was asking if it wasn’t true. You saying it’s untrue contradicted previous posts by Nott Simpson that it happened.

Wannabe2

Then you misread my words, and I misread yours. Me saying it was untrue ment it was untrue that he came over here when he obviously didn’t want to, bit like Parisi.