Parisi

Gaz G

What I didnt do, was accept a job with my new employer in a critical position to the company, force them to push my start date back a month, have them unveil me infront of the entire organisation after paying for my flight, accomodation and shipping costs, coments in one go.
Are any of the slanderous comments you make reasonable?

I’m gutted and annoyed about the same amount though no in-fighting on the forum will do any good.
We’re all Devils fans, let’s stick together and move on from this debacle. Lordo will and will want us all to, yes it’s a big shame but it’s happened and nothing anyone one can do.
Let’s get behind Lordo and send him some good vibes, we are twice successive league champs and the rest of the silverware in the greatest city of them all!

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Lots of people jumping to conclusions here - and we have no proof at present whether he's intentionally done the dirty or his heart truly isn't in it.

Time will tell. If he retires then he's given us an honest answer (although we'd have preferred to have heard it 3-4 weeks ago). If he turns up somewhere else then he's taken the P.

Let's see how it spins out.

Mazzoak

What’s the story behind the club that messed him around and his rough couple of years in the AHL ?

I ask as this may give an insight into his character and question why him. Maybe he’s just trouble........

What I didnt do, was accept a job with my new employer in a critical position to the company, force them to push my start date back a month, have them unveil me infront of the entire organisation after paying for my flight, accomodation and shipping costs, coments in one go.
Are any of the slanderous comments you make reasonable?
I think it’s silly to draw comparisons between professional sport and a normal job. You don’t spend your entire childhood dreaming of working in an office and doing everything possible to get there. Professional hockey though?

Imagine waking up one day and thinking you’ve fallen out of love with someone you’ve spent the last 10+ years with. You would take any chance or opportunity to try and fix that. Parisi clearly came here thinking that he just needed a fresh start, only to discover his heart isn’t in it no matter where he plays. That must be an incredibly devastating feeling and decision to make.

No it isn’t ideal given the circumstances/club rolling out the red carpet, but life happens and some things are more important than our little league here in the UK.

zoesdevil

Who are you to call people classless?.
say it on behalf of the devils management as they are way to classy too.

Fuck you Tom Parisi you coward, You didnt even give it a week. I hope every hockey team shuns you back home. You dont deserve to lace them up as a professional. Absolute disgrace

This is why I said it, you're telling me this is ok & to use the management in it too!! Ye that's an ok comment then!! People get slated on here for saying lesser things, but when a player leaves to full reasons unknown, members on here can say this stuff & suddenly it's ok as he's only been here for a few days!! Come on!!

Devil_Abroad

Hardly unjustified so I don't really understand why you are having a go at some negative reactions.

It was a classless move to do what he has done, there's no two ways about it!
How has he repayed all the support/effort and money spent on him by his new employers/fans/teammates?
He's gone and handed his notice in after literally 72 hours in the country. That's a really respectful way of treating everyone who has worked so hard and backed you from the off. - Let's be real, bringing a signing in costs a hell of a lot of money, and takes a tonne of effort.

To decide something isn't for you after 3 days isn't really giving it a fair crack of the whip! I just hope he never has any kids...
Seriously? You hope he never has any kids?

I fully understand fans and probably the management are angry and upset at the situation left by this young man’s decsision, however life isn’t easy all the time. The management will deal with it and I’m sure eventually bring in a player that will do the job the coach wants done on the D; probably not in time for the CHL, but we do still have a full roster and the guys I’m sure will give it their all and make a success of it.

However, until you know the man, his state of mind and the full background to his last 2 years with the Canadiens organisation, hounding him like pack animals hurling insults and implying future life choices he’s going to take is just sad, just so very very sad.

A great advert for all the other members of the team who read this forum (and other social media) that might also be struggling with some tough life issues.

Life is hard enough, but when there’s no compassion then.......

Devil_Abroad

Hang on. You left your family at 21 and slept on the floor?? I've travelled all over the world and never found myself on the floor. You did it wrong. Perhaps Tom wasn't comfortable and wanted to go home? Yes it's a pain in the butt, however, if it was my son or daughter and they weren't happy, i'd say come home.
I would have liked you as my dad.

Devil_Abroad

I often struggle to find the right words to describe my thoughts. I will leave this here......

I think it’s silly to draw comparisons between professional sport and a normal job. You don’t spend your entire childhood dreaming of working in an office and doing everything possible to get there. Professional hockey though?

Imagine waking up one day and thinking you’ve fallen out of love with someone you’ve spent the last 10+ years with. You would take any chance or opportunity to try and fix that. Parisi clearly came here thinking that he just needed a fresh start, only to discover his heart isn’t in it no matter where he plays. That must be an incredibly devastating feeling and decision to make.

No it isn’t ideal given the circumstances/club rolling out the red carpet, but life happens and some things are more important than our little league here in the UK.

Gazza272

Yeah this is where I am at as well.

I'm pretty sure we have all been in jobs we disliked, and when the Alarm goes off in the morning we dread having to go back to the Grind, just because Hockey is our passion, it doesn't mean that everyone in the world would play it given the chance.

My Guess is after the first few practises, Tom realised those feelings of doubt were not going to go away, i'm sure he could have given it a game, but think back to that alarm clock, does he at 25 want to be away from all of his family and friends with those feelings he currently has for the game of hockey? A bad job is not so bad if you come home for dinner with all of your family and get to go have a beer with your best friends.

I'd have loved to have seen him lace them up, i'd have hated having to look forward to watching him lace up and then seeing someone not produce their potential.

Mooney#16

Strachan did the MBA last year and didn’t come in until late so hopefully that isn’t adversely effected. The Devils can re enter the market with a fair budget and MBA on offer you’d assume they have a decent carrot to dangle.

I get the CHL just got a bit tougher but domestically there’s probably enough time to adjust with limited harm done.

As for Tom. Good luck to the guy. I don’t know the content of the conversation he had with Lordo and Todd. But to make this call walking away from hockey, an MBA and removing all trace on Twitter. It’s not quite rational to most so he must be at a pretty big low so i’m In no position to judge.

The bubble as well a truly burst for Lordo this pre season with this and injuries. Let’s see what he’s got.

James

Administrator
I suspect I missed the worst of it but can I remind everyone to keep civil with each other. It's an emotive subject and people have articulated both sides well. I was pissed off when I heard it but can totally see the other side too.

On a side note, yes you can swear on this forum, people don't tend to as we are (mostly) civil adults but it is allowed. We'd probably take appropriate action if posters make continued unnecessary profanity. I'm not going to censure an 'F' bomb at this point as I probably thought the same thing :D