Parisi

trapped

I missed out on a Parisi jersey sponsorship by about a minute... glad I did now. Genuinely sad to hear he has fallen out of love with the game if true, but it is a poor move to do it in this way and at this stage. We will be fine and will be able to recruit if we need to.

What is frustrating is how this operates from an MBA point of view and whether we can get someone back that will be able to do the course as that is a big factor in drawing the names we have.

Onwards and upwards

Truly incredible. To walk away from a paid MBA at this stage of his life. I can't imagine what I'd say to one of my kids if they did something like this. Happy we have this happen early though.
Steve will we be looking for a replacement or will we just go with what we got?

Ger-Devils

Truly incredible. To walk away from a paid MBA at this stage of his life. I can't imagine what I'd say to one of my kids if they did something like this. Happy we have this happen early though.
The Habs org must have been a huge mess to leave the kid feel this way. To walk away at 25 there’s something obviously not right.

Frustrating as it is, we have to accept it and move on and hopefully get someone in before the CHL starts

Kevlar68

Well whats done is done, the Devils march on no matter what so lets put this behind us. No need for Whys and how could he. We got a long season ahead of us and better its happened now than during the season.

jenks33

Lordo must be fuming. You can tell from the way he’s spoken about the CHL that he wants to give it a better crack this season. Suddenly a week before our first match an important player decides to ditch us. As Steve King said in a previous interview we allowed Parisi to arrive a few weeks late as he was attending a hockey camp in New York + we were paying for his MBA. Whatever the full story is he definitely could have come to this decision earlier than this

terry hunt

If it is true that Hotham hates training i suggest he wont be fit enough for the CHL or the season start.
I have full confidence in our organisation to deal with this whatever option they go for. At the end of the day we are the Cardiff Devils

A real shame, had so much going for him. He obviously wanted to continue his hockey career and convinced Lordo that he did, but when it came down to it he couldn't convince himself. As previously said, who knows what has happened to make a young talented boy make this decision, especially has he was also investing in his education and post hockey life; hope things turn out well for him. We now rethink and move on. Our organisation hasn't done us down before and they won't again, they'll put all the pieces together.

Devils86

Nagging feeling at the back of my mind says he will be back in hockey in a year or less. Maybe needs a break to get things straight in his mind.

Can never know for sure but coming from the AHL you can harbour ambitions and if they don’t come to fruition then the future looks bleak and you need a break.

Who knows.

Wannabe2

We don’t need anyone, anyone who don’t want to be here. We are a professional outfit and don’t need to carry the burdens of others. Goodbye Tom, so long, and farewell, we now move on to the real deal who wants to be here. This club will sort it as it always does,so it isn’t a problem, well not for us it ain’t.

Ocko

Very disappointed that he won’t play for us. I was more excited about his signing than any other since probably the first season the new ownership came in.

But it can’t be an easy decision for him. Probably a bloody awful one actually. Coming all this way, giving up on your post grad course, letting down your new team mates, fans and coach but especially to give up on a sport you would’ve dreamed of playing professionally all your life. To fall out of love of the sport probably means the poor lad has an awful lot going on.

Best of luck to him, hope he lands on his feet and sorts out whatever he has going on.

Foxy

Screwed our CHL campaign though. Just wish he'd made the decision sooner. We've known for weeks he was coming.

Something must be seriously wrong for him to give up an MBA program. Just hope he gets sorted

DevilDom

I’m really torn between feeling sorry for the guy and being angry at the way Parisi has left Lordo and the team in the lurch.

We don’t know the reasons behind it but it seems to me that the Devils bent over backwards for Parisi, however if his heart wasn’t in it then he shouldn’t have signed. I also noticed that he has deleted his tweets mentioning signing for the Devils so it seems like he wants to remove all record of coming here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign elsewhere later in the season.

On the downside there is no chance of getting a replacement in before the CHL so you can write off the slim chance we had of doing anything in that competition.

On the positive side we have a fantastic recruitment team and have recruited some amazing players over the past few years, including part way through the season and been very lucky with almost every gamble we have taken so we were due a bit of bad luck.

I have full trust in Lordo, Todd and the owners to ensure we are in a good position going forward.

RedDevil17

No player is bigger than the club, end of story. If he wants to go then let him. We’ll find a good if not better replacement, People may think I’m a fairly critical poster but I stand by what I say, Parisi should be ashamed of himself. He’s totally snaked us. If you leave the club after 3 days what’s the point of signing a contract? I don’t feel sorry whatsoever. In Lordo we trust!

Last edited:

osh

Wow, what a huge surprise, disappointment and kick in the teeth for our club at this stage of the season. Lots of posters feeling sorry for him etc, as for me, I’m not feeling sorry for him one bit and some saying he has the integrity to make this decision now. Integrity ? In my opinion he has none whatsoever. He’s has more than enough time to consider what it was all about crossing the pond and to come to such a decision so close to the start of a huge season for us tells me he has a total lack of integrity.
Had he of had the integrity to at least recognise how tough it would to replace him immediately and therefore say he would play through the CHL games and then move on I could have half accepted that, but to do what he has done tells me a lot about the guy.
Fair play to the club, they are never going to publicly criticise a player, but I’m probably saying what they also would love to say but can’t. He will be replaced of course in time, and we move on as a club. I have no doubt his so called lack of love for the game will return and he will end up playing to a high standard once again, interesting to see when and who that will be with !
On another note, I wonder if the reason he has left is due to sharing a flat with Reddick !!! Or the fact that very every other player is driving around in new Hondas and he was given an Austin A35 ( at least he had personal plates PAR 151 ) surely that was enough to entice him to stay.

Last edited: