Parisi

Devil94

Sounds like he's fallen out of love with hockey, which is incredibly sad. Bad news for us but better now than a week or two in to the season I guess. Hopefully we can find a replacement before next Thursday but going to be difficult. All the best to him.

I actually thought this was a joke at first as there was literally no other press release..... seems odd that he would sign with those doubts in his mind.

BostonBart22

Hope the devils are not paying his flight home..he will play this season somewhere ..guaranteed, heard belfast were after him as well...maybe a return of the HOTH... need someone b4 CHL...defo.

Earnie

He was here four days!
Sad about that -- sad for Lordo and the owners and the fans. Better now than a few weeks into the season I suppose. I hope we can whistle up a replacement.

It might work out ok for us - we've recruited the likes of Weller and Strachan part way through a season before
Can't remember anyone leaving so early before though, apart from Anderson, who I think played 1 game.

Judging by lords answer in the press release "I'm happy with our recruitment & our team going forward" makes me think that maybe we won't sign a replacement?

d20

That is disappointing to hear ,and I wont be having a go at him as some will ,surely if he was in 2 minds about playing the game he shouldn't have agreed the move but its all hes known since he was young ,maybe that was why the delay was happening he was unsure or he was actually looking for a job outside hockey and thats why he was late coming over and that job has come through.

If he has quit you have to feel for him to want to walk away at a young age as fans we dont know what hes been through and at least he has decided quick rather than play a few weeks,months then leave it may have taken him to get back on the ice to realise he didnt want it anymore,its a shame as I wouldve loved to see him play for us but I wish him well .

Judging by lords answer in the press release "I'm happy with our recruitment & our team going forward" makes me think that maybe we won't sign a replacement?
I think that might be the case for a few weeks, but the Devils have a bigger workload than most teams. We play in the toughest conference against the best teams, we've reached 4 successive Challenge finals, at least 6 CHL games to play, and we usually reach the play off finals weekend. There will always be injuries - I seem to remember last season we were missing Louis, Batch and Faryna at the same time. If there's money left in the budget I'm sure Mr Lord would be looking out for someone.

bdevil

I think that might be the case for a few weeks, but the Devils have a bigger workload than most teams. We play in the toughest conference against the best teams, we've reached 4 successive Challenge finals, at least 6 CHL games to play, and we usually reach the play off finals weekend. There will always be injuries - I seem to remember last season we were missing Louis, Batch and Faryna at the same time. If there's money left in the budget I'm sure Mr Lord would be looking out for someone.
But don’t forget there’s no conference this year...