Parisi

RedDevil17

Well you will be wrong.
How do you know this exactly? I agree with Ocko. I'd scratch Reddick and play Batch on D. Batch won't get any ice time as a Power Forward and he's a better overall D man than Reddick. This could mean we could ice all of our import forwards! They are all too valuable. Think about it, we won't drop our Captain, we won't drop Ulmer as he is one of our best players, we won't bench Louis either so who is left to drop? I certainly know who i would rather on my blue line if i had to choose. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Reddick, he's a good player and i can see why people like him but i would much rather a 6'4 tough Brit on my blue line which could allow us to ice Rutkis on the 4th and further his skill set which he's clearly done over the summer anyway. If there was an award for most improved player for last season it would be Reddick.

Back on topic, judging by what i've seen on youtube we are getting a standard AHL d man who is a great skater and who is consistently reliable in his own zone being relatively strong along the boards. We've got ourselves one hell of a player by the sounds of things. Welcome Tom Parisi!

Last edited:
The bit I said ‘this is what I think it should be’.

I didn’t say ‘this is what Lord will do...’ or ‘the lines are certain to be...’. From that game and a bit Batch played on D I thought he was very good. Nothing personal to Reddick but I thought Batch combined well with Richie and had a better game. However my opinion appears to be factually incorrect somehow.
Your opinion is aloud obviously.

I just don’t see lord dropping reddick when lord voted him coach’s player of the year last year and re signed him for this season.

Ocko

Your opinion is aloud obviously.

I just don’t see lord dropping reddick when lord voted him coach’s player of the year last year and re signed him for this season.
Lord signed every player so I’m not sure how that is relevant.

Someone has to sit if everyone is fit. So who? Only likely candidates are Mo; he’s captain again so very unlikely. Ulmer; one of only 4 centres and a key part of the first power play unit. Who else possibly comes into it if not Reddick?

And if Lord had no intention of playing Batch on D, why play him there? He could easily roll with 5 D.

Rob Batch

Thread starter #25
Did I say Parisi, I meant Paris. Doh ! Lordo has given himself options. As we learnt last year, it's a very long season. Our 'd' can be whatever we want on any given day.

BostonBart22

Lord signed every player so I’m not sure how that is relevant.

Someone has to sit if everyone is fit. So who? Only likely candidates are Mo; he’s captain again so very unlikely. Ulmer; one of only 4 centres and a key part of the first power play unit. Who else possibly comes into it if not Reddick?

And if Lord had no intention of playing Batch on D, why play him there? He could easily roll with 5 D.
Has mo been confirmed as captain for this season...

Rob Batch

Thread starter #29
For those younger fans, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore recorded a life changing LP that was banned for many years. The power of the internet should allow you to find that recording, let me know if you laugh !!

The_Puck

For me Reddick plays on D every day of the week. Batch coughs the puck up all the time and is very unreliable. I reckon Lord will constantly rotate imports due to the amount of games this season added on to any possible niggles the players might face

Mazzoak

Simply viewpoint, hear it goes, won’t the lines be dictated by the individual opposition we face throughout the season rather than the same combination each game.

RTfarty

I'd scratch Reddick and play Batch on D... Batch won't get any ice time as a Power Forward and he's a better overall D man than Reddick... I certainly know who i would rather on my blue line if i had to choose. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Reddick, he's a good player and i can see why people like him but i would much rather a 6'4 tough Brit on my blue line which could allow us to ice Rutkis on the 4th and further his skill set which he's clearly done over the summer anyway. If there was an award for most improved player for last season it would be Reddick.
I just can't see how this would benefit the team. Batch is not a better defenceman than Reddick. Yes he has a couple of inches and kilos on him, but he can't match him for speed/awareness/puck distribution. We would lose a lot of games with this approach.

Batch is best when he's allowed to carry the puck and forecheck.. something Rutkis will not be able to do effectively against the likes of Nottingham/Sheffield/Belfast etc.

Reddick on D and Batch forechecking on the 4th line every game for me.

Ocko

I just can't see how this would benefit the team. Batch is not a better defenceman than Reddick. Yes he has a couple of inches and kilos on him, but he can't match him for speed/awareness/puck distribution. We would lose a lot of games with this approach.

Batch is best when he's allowed to carry the puck and forecheck.. something Rutkis will not be able to do effectively against the likes of Nottingham/Sheffield/Belfast etc.

Reddick on D and Batch forechecking on the 4th line every game for me.
So who sits out if everyone is fit and it’s an important game?

RedDevil17

Batch is better than Reddick in his overall defensive game. Sometimes it’s not always about speed. Look at Strachan, he wasn’t very quick but look how good he was defensively on the puck. Batch has fairly good ability. How you can say Batch isn’t better defensively than Reddick really does baffle me! Batch is far stronger along the boards being 6’4 which allows him to hit players and put them off because no matter what anyone says physicality and hitting is still a major part in hockey. Reddick tried his best which I’ll give him credit for.

Also going back to RTFarty’s point about th approach, how do you know we will lose games? The season hasn’t even started yet and we’ve faced some really good teams in preseason! We are still experimenting with lines remember. Reddick should be the injury cover and I would have no problem with him filling in every now and again, but Batch would be my main choice. Like Ocko said, who will sit out? Batch won’t get much ice time on the 4th line anyway and Josh has the potential to be a rock solid British D man. If there was a Forward injured I’d replace him with Reddick. I’d say he’s better as a forward anyway so he can use his speed to his advantage therefore catching teams on the break. Good thing is Reddick is versatile which helps. Reddick is a great player and I’d have no problem if he fills in every now and again

Last edited:
In my opinion Lordo likes Batch as a power forward. Look how effective he was as this at the end of last season. Our 4th line didn’t get a huge amount of ice time due to the fact Moore got injured meaning it was Reddick who although he has improved was inexperienced. If we need to shut down a game having 2 D men plus Batch and Moore both who can play D and Myers on the ice will be a strong defensive set up.

I personally think our D lines will be:-
Richie & Parisi
Louis & Fournier
Blood & Reddick

That way he will have a stay at home and a mobile defenceman on each line just like last year.

Who will sit I think will rotate depending on form and injury’s. We have a hell of a lot of games this year 60 league games, 6 CHL minimum and 6 Challange cup games minimum so already 72 before we even talk about the CHL and Challange cup knockout stage and the playoffs players are going to need to be rotated and rested.