Panthers Vs Devils - Wed 26 Sept - League

KaneDevils

Ben's reaction to the gwg tells you everything you need to know. I also disagree that Panthers hitting changed the game. For me it was a lack of discipline towards the end, the tripping pen was lazy play and then Ritchie hits the puck out of play. Then Bowns let's in a soft one. That game was in the bag. It's sport though. It happens.

Hedd Wyn John

Ben's reaction to the gwg tells you everything you need to know. I also disagree that Panthers hitting changed the game. For me it was a lack of discipline towards the end, the tripping pen was lazy play and then Ritchie hits the puck out of play. Then Bowns let's in a soft one. That game was in the bag. It's sport though. It happens.
Some fair points but I’d like to add that the Devils looked tired out there in P3. They looked like they were running out of gas. The Panthers came out like roaring & the Devils looked like they were a second off the pace.

Temme

For anyone questioning that decision, that ‘worst player’ managed to get their team and fans going in the 2nd period hence why they out scored us and had the better of the play in both the 2nd and 3rd. Doty wasn’t the worst player on the ice for me, someone on our team was but I’m not naming names! Like it or not, that is Doty’s role on the team, to get the crowd and his team going when needed and he did exactly that! He may not be the best skater but we’ve had worse...especially last year! Think you all know who I’m on about
I agree with the majority of this,

Doty was ONLY a factor in that game because Louis allowed him to be.

He did his job down to a T. Which is frustrating, because we had no reason to take that fight against him knowing full well it was with the intention of getting his team going as they were struggling.

Rempel16

I agree with the majority of this,

Doty was ONLY a factor in that game because Louis allowed him to be.

He did his job down to a T. Which is frustrating, because we had no reason to take that fight against him knowing full well it was with the intention of getting his team going as they were struggling.
I understand what you're saying.... To an extent.
Taking the fight you would have to say worked to our advantage as we scored almost immediately after it, so I don't see the frustration.
Louis taking the fight is also a mark of respect. We may need the favour returned later in the season and I'm sure if the time comes the Panthers will oblige in allowing us to attempt to get our team going. (although this is unlikely from our point of view as Lord doesn't tend to allow this).

Temme

I understand what you're saying.... To an extent.
Taking the fight you would have to say worked to our advantage as we scored almost immediately after it, so I don't see the frustration.
Louis taking the fight is also a mark of respect. We may need the favour returned later in the season and I'm sure if the time comes the Panthers will oblige in allowing us to attempt to get our team going. (although this is unlikely from our point of view as Lord doesn't tend to allow this).
The only real frustration is that we're already short on D without boxing Loui for 5 minutes.

Doty is of no real loss to the Panthers, he's of more value to them when he's in the penalty box!!!

None of this probably had any outcome on the game, just an already sort benched D could have maybe done without being down again, in a fight that was "choice" of course.

This is what i was alluding to with the possible frustration for Lordo in this particular scenario.

Devil_Abroad

Devils played a great road game for 2 periods. They were still in the locker room when the 3rd began so there was awful coverage from the face off. That gave Panthers belief.

When we regained the 2 goal advantage we were containing them again but their tales were up and so being in the back foot takes more out of the players and they stay out longer on shifts and it can soon spiral. The one in a hundred shot by Guptill and the late penalties just heaped pressure on us.

Very disappointing to lose the game and not even take a point but it was a great road game but for the face off at the start of the 3rd

Panthers games are going to be epic