Panthers Vs Devils - League - 17th Oct 2021

jenks33

That’s not an excuse, as you say Nottingham had a tough OT game vs Sheffield.
No matter the result today, I think we're still a signing or two short - particularly a first line centre. It’s not surprising when you've undergone almost a complete rebuilding job.
Definitely missing a first line centre. That might be our Achilles heel as far as challenging for the title

Nice to hear the Red Army loud and clear on the stream. 5-2 down but sure as hell wont be turning the stream off. Will support the team to the very end whether they are winning or loosing. Let's go Devils!

moggy#9

What the hell is going on in the 3rd? I can't believe that the panthers are that good. I suspect that there's going to be a strong debate as to whether the devils primary need is for a centre or defence.

kingmo19.1

Can see this happening to us a few times this season with a spare import goalie sitting on the bench! That’s puts us at a disadvantage with 1 less skater, throw in the inevitable injuries (seeing that already) and it could then get worse with overplaying the personnel we have left on the ice (a few of them are not spring chickens!) - this leading to fatigue and further injuries! If we’re going with 2 import netminders, makes me wonder why Kozan isn’t playing tonight!

OJLloyd

Our defensive pairings aren’t working.

Louis and Batch has been particularly bad today, but I’m not sure any of the pairings can be happy.

Losing because you’re beaten by a better team is one thing, but not showing up at all like this is not acceptable.

Short handed goal from a completely stupid, lazy piece of play behind our own goal.

Not sure if some of the players need to have the league being the big prize over here drilled into them again. But this is infuriating to watch. As was Coventry last week.

It happens. Nottingham are playing better. Every loss is a chance to analyse and improve. We will lose games this season. It’s a completely new team.
the only thing I would change is our D being too aggressive (leaving far too many 2-on1s) and poor breakouts (wingers holding way to high on the blue lines).
It happens guys, we learn! Red army all the way

jenks33

Our defensive pairings aren’t working.

Louis and Batch has been particularly bad today, but I’m not sure any of the pairings can be happy.

Losing because you’re beaten by a better team is one thing, but not showing up at all like this is not acceptable.

Short handed goal from a completely stupid, lazy piece of play behind our own goal.

Not sure if some of the players need to have the league being the big prize over here drilled into them again. But this is infuriating to watch. As was Coventry last week.
Who was at fault for the shorthanded goal?

moggy#9

It happens. Nottingham are playing better. Every loss is a chance to analyse and improve. We will lose games this season. It’s a completely new team.
the only thing I would change is our D being too aggressive (leaving far too many 2-on1s) and poor breakouts (wingers holding way to high on the blue lines).
It happens guys, we learn! Red army all the way
So I take it that the 2 on 1s that were pretty much eliminated last night are back? Which lines are having problems?

this team will be lucky to finish top 4.our away form is going to be a big problem for us as we've lost three of the last four and i don't think this team is capable of picking up wins in belfast,sheffield,nottingham and maybe even glasgow who look to have put a good team together.we need changes to this team imo.

Hedd Wyn John

this team will be lucky to finish top 4.our away form is going to be a big problem for us as we've lost three of the last four and i don't think this team is capable of picking up wins in belfast,sheffield,nottingham and maybe even glasgow who look to have put a good team together.we need changes to this team imo.
Sheffield was poor game management. Fixable.
Coventry , I'll be charitable & say it was a CC game.
But tonight they look like a glass cannon. Without Carruth or Reid we'd be in deep trouble.

Let's not hang these guys out to dry yet. They are still gelling as a team. Remember (including the pre season) we have 9 wins and this will only be our 3rd loss. These guys also have a CHL win as well which is huge. This happens, it's sucks but we get up, brush ourselves down and move on. Even our playoffs Champions team had tough shift like this.
I do agree that a new d-man would be good though.

moggy#9

Well coach skalde's comments are going to be interesting after that.

If be interested in some analysis from someone who saw the match.