Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

RedDevil17

We still have a chance to go top in the league. A few people are forgetting we have lots of games in hand and one of them is against both fife and Belfast, which are must wins. We have the squad to win it but we need to sort our D fast. We need a calm stay at home D man like in the mould of strachan in terms of playing style. He’ll compliment Reddick’s playing style. He’s been caught out too many times this year and his defensive positioning is off sometimes so if we bring in a new D man, we’ll see the reddick from the end of last year. We’ll bounce back against fife hopefully then we’ll have to try our best against Belfast. They are two tough teams to beat on their night.

In regards to Bowns, he has 2nd best save percentage in the league (.924%) and that’s amazing considering he’s a Brit. Why would you want rid of a Nettie who has won the goalie of the year for 2 years running and consider the fact that he’s helped us win back to back league titles? Murdy should get some more ice time when Bowns is playing poorly I think but most of the time he’s always on it.

Oh and btw every player works their arses off (especially Dixon) and they don’t get the same amount of praise as Reddick does. They all play for the badge and they all play with passion, not just Reddick! They all work their nuts off majority of the time. Dixon is the only one who throws his weight around

Last edited:

Gazza272

Bowns is only ever known for his heroic saves in close games. But what about the blaze and flames games?? Imo we could upgrade.

Ok, so which outskating import are you going to get rid of? Because the only thing we could do, if we laughably got rid of Bowns, is to sit an import, so which one would it be?

Ok, so which outskating import are you going to get rid of? Because the only thing we could do, if we laughably got rid of Bowns, is to sit an import, so which one would it be?
Right now we don’t have to sit anyone!
As I have mentioned no faryna and still no spare,

I personally don’t rate our captain any more he tries and blocks a lot of shots on the pk but that’s it in my eyes,

If not then it would have to be bontovglio or reddick,

OJLloyd

Yup, this thread has done it. I’m done with the Inferno.

There’s having an opinion, but sometimes you should really consider whether or not your opinion is garbage.

There are some of you who, regardless of how long you’ve been watching, haven’t a clue about ice hockey. Or sport in general by the seems of things.

The sort of of people who would call for the replacement of Cristiano Ronaldo because he didn’t score in 2 consecutive games.

I wholeheartedly suggest that you find another hobby, as watching ice hockey clearly makes some of you extremely miserable.

Temme

There’s having an opinion, but sometimes you should really consider whether or not your opinion is garbage.

There are some of you who, regardless of how long you’ve been watching, haven’t a clue about ice hockey. Or sport in general by the seems of things.

The sort of of people who would call for the replacement of Cristiano Ronaldo because he didn’t score in 2 consecutive games.

I wholeheartedly suggest that you find another hobby, as watching ice hockey clearly makes some of you extremely miserable.
(I completely understand where you're coming from, however)

Whilst i don't agree with -many- opinions on this forum, and many don't agree with my opinion (i hope), this would be a pretty boring forum without difference of opinion.

"Forum (Noun): A meeting or medium where ideas of views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Let's not blast others for having their own ideas, purely because we don't agree with them. However ridiculous those ideas may seem. :)

Is anybody seriously saying that you should ditch Ben Bowns? SERIOUSLY?? Have a word with yourself...

Bowns kept you in it yesterday. Yes, our second (the wrister from Biggs) may be considered a bit 'soft'... but on the other hand, it was extremely well-taken (I sit in Block 15, so had a perfect view of the angle and the limited space available to Biggs... and he hit the spot impeccably). For the rest of the game? - against most other netminders, we'd have been 3 or 4 goals ahead, minimum. How the hell he didn't get MoM for you guys yesterday, I'll never understand...

Not only is Ben Bowns easily comparable to most, if not all, of the import netminders in this league on sheer ability alone, he also offers you the priceless strategic advantage of freeing up an additional outskater import slot. What's not to like?

But hey - if you don't want him, just let us know... I'm sure that we could give him a very welcoming home... ;)

As for the overall game... some very good hockey on display from both sides. We had the edge, but overall it was very close - as it has been all season so far. Discounting the pretty much irrelevant 'Aladdin Cup' games, that's three meetings between the two sides - all of which have gone to the home side by a one-goal margin. It doesn't get much tighter than that.

As a result of a slash from Blood last night, Panthers' Kevin Henderson will be out for up to 6 weeks with an expected broken or fractured arm. Blood also fired the puck directly at Henderson as he was down on the ice in pain, however it would be best to assume that wasn't intentional, well I sure hope it wasn't anyway.

Although there was no penalty called, as neither ref saw it, I would expect a review.

BostonBart22

I don’t care what anyone says we can upgrade on Bowns,
He is to hot n cold imo,

Murdy should get the start for a few games I think.

He’s more than capable as shown and maybe Bowns can do with a rest.

Pope and Hedden are also to hot and cold,
They are either scoring every game or you don’t see them for 3 games.

Can people please stop moaning about reddick he’s the one guy who don’t stop working his socks off gives his all every shift but can never do anything right.
Do spurs drop kane as he didnt score for 5 games , is that hot and cold, bowns helped the devils from a heavy defeat v panthers,,,jog on

matbur

I'm not far from that point myself sadly, I used to visit and post far more frequently. The people who run this forum have given us a great resource to debate and chat Devils hockey, and it's not their fault, but at times it's just outright embarrassing.

I mean... two defeats and people are already naming players who should be replaced from this highly successful team.

What would happen on here if we were a midtable in the EIHL? Calling out Bowns after he made 40-plus saves last night. Wtf?!

matbur

Is anybody seriously saying that you should ditch Ben Bowns? SERIOUSLY?? Have a word with yourself...

Bowns kept you in it yesterday. Yes, our second (the wrister from Biggs) may be considered a bit 'soft'... but on the other hand, it was extremely well-taken (I sit in Block 15, so had a perfect view of the angle and the limited space available to Biggs... and he hit the spot impeccably). For the rest of the game? - against most other netminders, we'd have been 3 or 4 goals ahead, minimum. How the hell he didn't get MoM for you guys yesterday, I'll never understand...

Not only is Ben Bowns easily comparable to most, if not all, of the import netminders in this league on sheer ability alone, he also offers you the priceless strategic advantage of freeing up an additional outskater import slot. What's not to like?

But hey - if you don't want him, just let us know... I'm sure that we could give him a very welcoming home... ;)

As for the overall game... some very good hockey on display from both sides. We had the edge, but overall it was very close - as it has been all season so far. Discounting the pretty much irrelevant 'Aladdin Cup' games, that's three meetings between the two sides - all of which have gone to the home side by a one-goal margin. It doesn't get much tighter than that.
Good post, some much needed clarity!

Do spurs drop kane as he didnt score for 5 games , is that hot and cold, bowns helped the devils from a heavy defeat v panthers,,,jog on
In fact yes teams do drop players!!
Murdy is proven so start him,

Bowns is good we all know that but he makes to many mistakes when we lose another 2 games you will all still say bowns is the best thing ever he can never do anyythig wrong.
But poor reddick works his asss off every game but still people moan at him and say he is crap etc,

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Bowns is good we all know that but he makes to many mistakes when we lose another 2 games you will all still say bowns is the best thing ever he can never do anyythig wrong.
But poor reddick works his asss off every game but still does everything wrong every game .
Agree about reddick,100 per cent every game...

Devil94

But poor reddick works his asss off every game but still does everything wrong every game .
I'm guessing you didn't see the game last night as there was no webcast. I didn't either.
But you have read multiple posts from people who saw the game last night saying Bowns played well, faced over 40 shots and only conceded 3, and made some blinding saves. Why are you still going down this road when you've been told you're incorrect?

I’m always in the wrong on here no matter what I say!!
Yes bowns had a good game everyone has said so,
But why is it not his fault when we concede 5 to flames and 6 to blaze??

No one mentions bowns then,
they only ever mention reddick blood etc ?