Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

Wannabe2

All teams will have a slump, it happens to everyone, Steelers more than most this season, but Giants were terrible for awhile, Panthers had theirs after looking so very good earlier on, Flyers are having theirs now, as are we now. Good teams recover, and we certainly will, like every other team in this league we are not invincible, far from it, as no one is. Poor weekend, hopefully we now move on and learn from it, back to normal service now please lads when we play like we can we are a pure joy, losing Faryna is like losing a spark plug, he brings so much to our table and I for one miss this guy. So time to bounce back now guys, let’s do it.

Wagstaff

we are playing with a disadvantage at the moment with only having 13 imports icing and its starting to show.
Most teams play with 13 import skaters, the same as you do, just that the 14th spot is an extra for you and a netminder for everyone else, so I wouldn’t call it a disadvantage in real terms

Last edited:
Strachan, Weller no chance they ain’t coming back, the team we have are good enough to win the league, playoffs and challenge cup. Every club in the league is gonna have a bad weekend we have had one so let’s move on. It ain’t the end of the world

hip check

We've definitely got the ammunition and this weekend was just a bit of a slump, no need to get worked up as surely we can all see the talent we have on the ice.
We'll bounce back I'm sure..the cream always rises to the top.

I don’t care what anyone says we can upgrade on Bowns,
He is to hot n cold imo,

Murdy should get the start for a few games I think.

He’s more than capable as shown and maybe Bowns can do with a rest.

Pope and Hedden are also to hot and cold,
They are either scoring every game or you don’t see them for 3 games.

Can people please stop moaning about reddick he’s the one guy who don’t stop working his socks off gives his all every shift but can never do anything right.

Wannabe2

We have the least goals against average in the league, with the exception of Belfast who are joint top with us on the same average, so should every other team upgrade their net minder. We have reached a bump in the road, we have been poor together, and we will improve together, all this calling individuals out helps no one. If we had a poor team then that’s one thing, but this team with our coach will get back on track.

He is to hot n cold imo,

Can people please stop moaning about reddick he’s the one guy who don’t stop working his socks off gives his all every shift but can never do anything right.
Even if there are import NMs out there who are (1) better than Bowns and (2) would come to the EIHL (and that list would be quite short, IMO), I still wouldn’t replace him. Having a GB netminder and the extra import skater is too valuable overall.

It’s only valuable if you have the extra import. Right now we don’t and we haven’t all season.
Faryna is not playing and our spare has not arrived.

Rich Best

Some people on here have gone a little bit crazy! Bit of an overreaction yet again!

We go from we're too good and this is gonna be processional to calling out at least 4 key individual players. The comment about replacing bowns is beyond belief.

Onwards and upwards guys. We had a bad weekend but the sun has still come up this morning!

kettdevil1

He is to hot n cold imo,

Not sure where to start with this but.... I disagree on almost every leven. We saw yet again at Nottingham Bowns gave us a chance to win, facing 15 shots a period and conceding just three was immense and sums up what he gives us game in, game out.

Given you are suggesting that we can upgrade on a Pool A starting netminder, I am wondering who you suggest we should have between the pipes given Lundqvist is unavailable?

The knock on effect of replacing Ben of course would be that one skater would have to go. Who would you suggest? I can’t see the logic at all given this team’s performance so far this year which I would argue it probably as good as we have ever seen from a Cardiff team since the ISL days.

I believe we are lucky to have Murdy as a back up as he is worthy of a starting spot elsewhere but to have him play more would not solve the problem as history suggests Ben gets better the more he plays.

I respect what Reddick brings to the team but given his positional awareness, I do think he needs to be partnered with the right player. Pairing him with Blood does not work, pairing him with Strachan worked well.

Respect everybody’s right to have an opinion but totally disagree with this one...

kettdevil1

Bowns is only ever known for his heroic saves in close games. But what about the blaze and flames games?? Imo we could upgrade.
Wasn’t at the Blaze game so difficult to comment but there have been a few games when team D has been an issue, easy to blame one person for goals against but that is often misleading....

I will ask again, how can we upgrade the team as a whole?

Wannabe2

Bowns is only ever known for his heroic saves in close games. But what about the blaze and flames games?? Imo we could upgrade.
Jesus you are hard work sometimes, we are top of the league in goals against average with 2.16 against,we are top of the league in goals scored average per game with 4.41 , Our top goal scorer is Matt Pope, our 2nd top points scorer is Matt Pope, the Second best goalie in the league for % saves per game is Ben Bowns. Flippin good job you ain’t a Steelers fan, then you would have problems. Enjoy the ride buddy, your in a Cadillac not a Jeep.

Wannabe the devils could lose 5 in a row and u would still say where the best thing since sliced bread.

We have lost 3 out of 4 games conceding 14 goals and you sill expect me to be happy??

Rob Batch

I think we all knew the Panthers would sort themselves out sooner or later, they have a very good roster. No shame in losing by 1 in their barn. It feels like 'deja-vu' as the same happened in roughly the same timeframe last year. Take a deep breath, re-focus and 'go' again. Oh and Josh scored, every cloud.:)

Wannabe2

But we still are the best, that’s what I trying to say,
We have lost 2 of our last 4 league games, conceding 11 goals, and scoring 14
We have lost 1 of our last 2 Cup games conceding 5 goals and scoring 7
And out of our last 4 games, we have won 2, and lost 2.
I don’t expect you to be happy, that’s a dead cert, but there’s also no need to be so down in the dumps, honestly.

Bowns isn't the problem, he played well last night and kept the score sheet down to what it was. It could've been an a lot bigger score if he hadn't pulled off some of the saves he did and prevent the puck from going into the net during a few scambles in the crease.

The Devils defence looked to be the biggest issue, too slow and got caught out multiple times. Panthers don't particularly have any speedsters but there were times where our guys carved through the Devils D like a knife through butter.

Going forward wasn't much better for Devils either, Panthers kept them on the outside for most of the night, blocked a lot of shots and gave Garnett not that much to do. It came across like we had figured out the game plan for Devils going forward and countered it almost perfectly, and the times we didn't, we either conceded or caused goalscoring chances for the Devils. Most of the star forwards for Devils were invisible.

It was the best performance by Panthers In a long time and 3-2 makes the game sound much closer than it was. Devils weren't terribe but it would've been robbery if they left Nottingham with more than 0 points.