Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

2 tough road games against panthers 2 losses,
2 losses at home to blaze and flames as well, not good enough.

Seems like panthers got our number this season,

Sack lord ;)

RedDevil17

Bad weekend.. Re.. Group. Two big home games coming up. Out of next 3..anyone got stdachens number... Lol
Well one things for sure...we’re missing him. Belfast are now 6 points clear if they win tonight I believe. We have games in hand but we may not win them if we play the way we have been. Nottingham away is always tough mind and we’ve struggled there but we have the squad to do it. We need a new D man ASAP!

we are playing with a disadvantage at the moment with only having 13 imports icing and its starting to show.3-2 probably flatters the devils as we were outshop heavily and had to rely on bowns.i think we need to bring in another import if faryna isn't back very soon or this slide will continue.

I dont think this slide will continue chaps. Just look at our performance a mere week ago. I personally think everyone flies off the handle a bit too quickly here, and I'm glad these people aren't in charge of the devils organisation. Its good to see teams win, it reminds the boys they aren't invincible. We need to put these games behind us now, learn from them and move forward. The games were lost from mistakes on the part of the devils, I have every confidence that Lord will sit the boys down and we will go flying into the next games. Have some faith.

Gisland

we are playing with a disadvantage at the moment with only having 13 imports icing and its starting to show.3-2 probably flatters the devils as we were outshop heavily and had to rely on bowns.i think we need to bring in another import if faryna isn't back very soon or this slide will continue.
How many outskaters you icing at the moment? Are you playing short handed overall?

jenks33

I’ll be surprised if we don’t see a new D man announced in the next week or so. Strachan gave us a big lift when we went through a similar run of poor form last year. There’s certainly nothing to panic about I just think its the right time for Parisi’s replacement.

Reddick divides opinion on here so I just thought I’d throw in my opinion. I’m more than happy to have Bryce on our roster. He gives 100%, he’s a decent player and he seems like a great locker room guy. My issue though is the amount of ice time he gets. For me he just isn’t good enough defensively to warrant that amount of ice time. That’s my opinion anyway.

Anyone else expecting a little more consistency from Hedden? Don’t get me wrong he’s a cracking player but he’s been very quiet lately. I think he’s got the potential to be one of the best players in this league

august04

I dont think this slide will continue chaps. Just look at our performance a mere week ago. I personally think everyone flies off the handle a bit too quickly here, and I'm glad these people aren't in charge of the devils organisation. Its good to see teams win, it reminds the boys they aren't invincible. We need to put these games behind us now, learn from them and move forward. The games were lost from mistakes on the part of the devils, I have every confidence that Lord will sit the boys down and we will go flying into the next games. Have some faith.
Not sure whether you can put tonight’s loss down to our mistakes - we were outshot 46-20, which might suggest Nottingham were on top for large parts of the game.

OJLloyd

I still don’t understand the Reddick issues some people on here have, he’s consistently been one of our better performers, and Lordo also appears to think along the same lines, with the player of the season award and the ice time he gives him.

But let’s not turn this in to the anti-Reddick thread again...

We can’t win every game. We’ve had a very poor weekend, but we shouldn’t even be in the same room as the panic button yet, let alone pressing it.

I’m sure there will be some words in training and we’ll be back to our best again soon.

kettdevil1

Not sure whether you can put tonight’s loss down to our mistakes - we were outshot 46-20, which might suggest Nottingham were on top for large parts of the game.
They were indeed but I am still not totally sure what went wrong, and I am reluctant to just say that a new D Man is the answer...I think we need to be a little more specific. I didn’t see Saturday’s game so can’t comment on it but tonight it was a lack of cohesion that seemed to be the problem with too many players having bad days.

Defensively we gave up too many shots but a fair few were from distance so I would take the SOG with a pinch of salt, one thing that was clear though was there were far too many lapses of concentrations. The Batch goal came out of the blue and got us right back in the game but seconds later we concede yet another goal straight from the restart.

My first thought is we need a spark but the more I think about it, I think it is actually the opposite that is needed.... it is a calming influence that is needed, losing Strachan has robbed us, not only of a quality hockey player but more someone who makes the players round him better players. It was noticeable when we went behind and nothing much was working, how many players started trying to do everything themselves rather than taking a breath and trusting that the game would come to them.

I still think we will win the league but this weekend has not been a good one.

august04

They were indeed but I am still not totally sure what went wrong, and I am reluctant to just say that a new D Man is the answer...I think we need to be a little more specific. I didn’t see Saturday’s game so can’t comment on it but tonight it was a lack of cohesion that seemed to be the problem with too many players having bad days.

Defensively we gave up too many shots but a fair few were from distance so I would take the SOG with a pinch of salt, one thing that was clear though was there were far too many lapses of concentrations. The Batch goal came out of the blue and got us right back in the game but seconds later we concede yet another goal straight from the restart.

My first thought is we need a spark but the more I think about it, I think it is actually the opposite that is needed.... it is a calming influence that is needed, losing Strachan has robbed us, not only of a quality hockey player but more someone who makes the players round him better players. It was noticeable when we went behind and nothing much was working, how many players started trying to do everything themselves rather than taking a breath and trusting that the game would come to them.

I still think we will win the league but this weekend has not been a good one.
Same D pairings tonight?