Panthers Vs Devils - 26 Jan 19 - League

Devil94

The Devils put in a review for the hit on Mosey last week, but nothing came of it and it was decided that the on ice call was sufficient. So I would expect us to put in a review for this one too, if it isnt automatically reviewed due to the injury. I should bloody hope so anyway.

There is clearly some contact with Batch before the goal but in no way is that a slew foot. At worst it’s a trip but I think we’re really clutching at straws if we expect that kind of contact to be called.

Officials missing the check to the head is the big mistake for sure.

jimmy snels

There is clearly some contact with Batch before the goal but in no way is that a slew foot. At worst it’s a trip but I think we’re really clutching at straws if we expect that kind of contact to be called.

Officials missing the check to the head is the big mistake for sure.
agreed, where was the ref and where the hell were his team mates?! ulmer has gone way up in my estimates, what a ballsy move but fuck me im still fuming he was the guy taking that fight a few minutes after the incident.

terry hunt

The Devils put in a review for the hit on Mosey last week, but nothing came of it and it was decided that the on ice call was sufficient. So I would expect us to put in a review for this one too, if it isnt automatically reviewed due to the injury. I should bloody hope so anyway.
When was the review put in there is no record of it?
If my memory is correct today is Tuesday the second working day after the incident,
So you are saying they have submitted an official request and it has been considered and rejected in 2 days?

Temme

Not having a go at you personally, and I guessed you were just posing a question and putting it out there!
However, it could be a moot point as my understanding is that it is an automatic DOPS review as there was an injury on the play.
Where I will take you to task though is that this season a full strength Panthers team is just as useless as an under strength one.
Apart from when they play us of course as small clubs nearly always raise their game when they get to play one of ‘the big boys’
Games against the Devils are treated like ‘cup finals’ for the biggest under achievers in British ice hockey!
Somebody else said the same thing on a group chat, it'll be reviewed automatically because of the injury!

As RedDevil said - big props to the 4 officials for missing a hit on the puck carrier - just what were they actually watching?

E.D.S.

I'd love to heat the view from the officials. As has already been pointed out, it was the puck carrier so you can safely assume that most of the officials eye should have been on Mosey to miss that is incredible. Even if they were unsure you'd expect them to make a call in favour of the injured player. History has proven this to be the case year on year so why was this call different and not made? Bizarre.