Panthers Vs Devils - 26 Jan 19 - League

Wagstaff

Is he usually a Coventry fan or Panthers? 'Cos if he is Coventry, I would expect him to be a little more neutral. Not that I'm moaning, it is free after all.
Hes definitely a Blaze fan, but if he’s being paid, I suppose he has to tow the Panthers line, this could be a trial for future work.
As a neutral viewer to be fair I thought he’s been quite neutral

Certainly looks like a hit to the head. Made worse by the fact that he lands on his head too. Doesn't look good when the game is being live streamed for free around the world and Mosey leaves the ice like that. He was clearly out on his feet and I don't think he should have been made to skate off the ice. He couldn't get up at first and then he falls over as he's skating off the ice. With all the concussion research being done I think he should have been possibly stretchered off.

OJLloyd

We were lethargic tonight, and that loss is on us not being up to speed.

However the save by Garnett at the end was world class.

As for Mosey, I only got the view everyone else did. My initial thought was that it was a hit to the head. There is a movement of the elbow after contact. Good on Ulmer for stepping up, but I’m not sure Ulmer is the guy who should be doing this.

As for why he was kicked out I have no idea, as there was too much booing for us or the commentators to hear the call.

Onwards and upwards lads, let’s put Fife to the sword tomorrow.

gonna be tough in fife tomorrow with mosey being out and I think I'm right in saying that ulmer will be suspended for leaving the bench.think panthers deserved that one,we just didn't do enough to win tonight.

Gospel

I thought the hit was clean, very similar to Benti’s hit on Stewart last year which was deemed legal. Bad for Mosey but for me someone should have done something before Ulms. The fcat Ulms acted the way he did says to me Louis, Batch, Hedden should have stepped up but they didnt. Thats more shicking to me than anything else.

Devils didnt look like they would win from that point on.

As for the webcast, geez i can see why they have t done them before! Canera work was awful, commentary wasnt great either, but as it was free i just muted it.

Hedd Wyn John

I thought the hit was clean, very similar to Benti’s hit on Stewart last year which was deemed legal. Bad for Mosey but for me someone should have done something before Ulms. The fcat Ulms acted the way he did says to me Louis, Batch, Hedden should have stepped up but they didnt. Thats more shicking to me than anything else.

Devils didnt look like they would win from that point on.

As for the webcast, geez i can see why they have t done them before! Canera work was awful, commentary wasnt great either, but as it was free i just muted it.
Devils didn’t really look like they’d win all game, apart from Bentis goal & Garnetts wonder save at the end the Panthers D confined the Devils to the boards or shots from distance. I don’t have the SoGs but I think it comfortably favoured the Panthers.

Devil94

Mosey was skating with his head down & came into contact with a much taller player. I don’t think it was deliberate, it just looked reallly bad the way he fell
Don't let Dan Green fool you. That's what he said but he knew full well it was a very bad hit in hockey this day and age.
It doesn't matter the height of the players, a hit to the head is a hit to the head. I fear Mosey might be out for a long time, let's hope Rissling is too.

Last edited:

Wagstaff

Don't let Dan Green fool you. That's what he said but he knew full well it was a very bad hit in today's game.
It doesn't matter the height of the players, a hit to the head is a hit to the head. I fear Mosey might be out for a long time, let's hope Rissling is too.
I’m no expert but I thought he brought his elbow up to contact Mosey’s head, Mosey then went down and hit the ice badly with his head again