Panthers v Devils - 13/11 - 7:00pm - League & CC

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be back hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Thinking about it, we actually don't have any texters for this game yet, i'm not going to be at the game this weekend, but is there anyone heading up who could/would help OJ out with MNL? If so, please give him a shout via pm, posting here or texting him if you have his number :)

Devils will be missing Richardson on D, other than that with Weller flying in today we shouldn't be missing anyone else!

Panthers will be at full strength, their website is reporting no one is out for any reason, but with this being a fairly important game, they're going to have a healthy scratch...

This is only the 2nd meeting between the teams with the Panthers having won 5-4 in the NIC at the start of the season...

Chris.

ASHIPP

In the 'Group of Death', this is a crucial game. Devils have only 2 games to collect more qualifying points (both against Panthers) - but both Nottingham and Coventry have the cushion of more games to do that. It's not just important, it's an absolute must that they try and get something out of the game at NIC. :eek:

Gaz G

Massive game for us and with Weller on the team, I think his presence alone will give the boys a boost.

I fancy us to win this to be honest.

Come on boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you read some of the comments on their forum all some of them are interested in is who is going to fight who.

Poor Craig Weller is only arriving today and they are already taking bets on who will fight him - you'd think he had offended them in some way. I find it quite pathetic.

Lets hope for a good solid display and of course a Devils win

Koop11

Discipline will win us this game. Nottingham’s PP, especially on their big ice and with players like David Clarke, will kill us fast if we take penalties. We need to stay out of the box and play defensively like we did on Sunday. Do that and we have more than enough offensive power to take the points we need.

Gaz G

Gazza272 said:
Gaz G said:
Some absolute garbage being spoken over on the cage.

You sounds suprised? :lol:
Fair point. They do amuse me over there. We are obviously biased but they take the biscuit. One guy seems to be trying to put Vother and Penner in the same class as players :lol:

DevilDom

Gaz G said:
Fair point. They do amuse me over there. We are obviously biased but they take the biscuit. One guy seems to be trying to put Vother and Penner in the same class as players :lol:
Not wishing to agree with a Panthers fan and I haven't seen that much of Penner, however if you look at it from a points view point Penner has 6 points from 19 games (0.32pts/pg) and Voth has 4 points from 10 games (0.4pts/pg) so not that much between them.

Gaz G

Bearing in mind that Vother is slowly getting back to match fitness and after a long lay off to come back to that schedule we had I think he's doing pretty well. I think that within the next 3 games Vother plays he will have more points than Penner and by the end of the season will be 20 + points infront of him.

DevilDom

Gaz G said:
Bearing in mind that Vother is slowly getting back to match fitness and after a long lay off to come back to that schedule we had I think he's doing pretty well. I think that within the next 3 games Vother plays he will have more points than Penner and by the end of the season will be 20 + points infront of him.
Hopefully you will be right. ;)

I would like to see some more from Brad, however I'd also add that Voth can dominate a game without necessarily scoring points so its not always the best measure.

Gaz G

Couldn't agree more. I'm absolutly certain that Vother has more impact on a game than Penner and thats without seeing Penner play live.

To get back on topic though I think if we play sensibly on saturday the points are there for the taking.

If any of my regular texters are off to the NIC please text me any other texters making the trip plase get in touch.

Chris made it sound as if I had been away weeks, last weekend I was due to be away but ended up with this nasty virus of vomiting + d**** making the rounds.

Looking forward to this weekend and I will then disappear as my son & heir finally gets married in West Wales the following week.

OJ