Panthers to announce new signing

Announced as Former Canuck and Coyote, Alexandre Bolduc. Played in the DEL and KHL most recently but struggled with injury last season. He arrives in the UK tomorrow and will be in the lineup for the triple header in Scotland.

OJLloyd

That’s a very good signing for the Panthers if he can recreate his AHL/NHL days.

Quite the drop off since he left North America, but definitely a good signing.

RedDevil17

Very good signing for the Panthers. Remember watching this guy play for Zagreb against us and he’s a good skater who’s a hard hitter and a scrapper. Something we need really. Panthers will rag us around physically this year I have no doubt about that.

RedDevil17

Like they just did to the Giants.
One off game i'm sure. Panthers beat us and they ragged us physically. Thats why they won the game. Tide turned and it tired us out. The last time Giants played panthers before that, Panthers destroyed them. They're top of the league for goodness sake. Yes we gave in hands but Sheffield are going to be good under this new coach and fife are always good against us.

Last edited:

Mooney#16

The tide turned when Louis accepted a fight he shouldn’t have. From the Panthers showing this year that third period against us seems to have been the best it’s got for them. If we’re talking 1 offs that seems to be more like it. I’m not hugely knocking Panthers. Clearly a very good team but I think you’re being a touch guilty of putting them on a pedestal they haven’t actually done a whole heap to deserve. They aren’t dealing with European distractions. They have all the facilities but are still showing inconsistency. If they sort it watch out granted but if they don’t they won’t be top at season end.

Wannabe2

One off game i'm sure. Panthers beat us and they ragged us physically. Thats why they won the game. Tide turned and it tired us out. The last time Giants played panthers before that, Panthers destroyed them. They're top of the league for goodness sake. Yes we gave in hands but Sheffield are going to be good under this new coach and fife are always good against us.
Sheffield are going to be good, next season, or the season after, or the season after.

RedDevil17

Sheffield are going to be good, next season, or the season after, or the season after.
Don’t write them off. Look what happened to us last year. We started off crap and then we we won the league. Not saying they’ll win it but they’ll be there or there abouts. Their new coach has won 2 Stanley cups so he can train Whistle and he’s coached in both italy and the KHL. Not a bad pedigree. Make a few changes or get them going as a team and they’ll be fine.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Panthers are a very good team, you would have to be one of the walking dead not to see that, but we are one TOP TEAM, when we play as we can play we are in another zone. Just my opinion but Giants are good but not that good, watched them 3 times but never blew me away once, our biggest obstacle is us, if we get over that then look out the rest. This season for quality has to be the finest since Superleague,
Happy Hockey Days

Wannabe2

Don’t write them off. Look what happened to us last year. We started off crap and then we we won the league. Not saying they’ll win it but they’ll be there or there shouts. Their new coach has won 2 Stanley cups so he can train Whistle and he’s coached in both italy and the KHL. Not a bad pedigree. Make a few changes or get them going as a team and they’ll be fine.
Their new coach won 2 Stanley cups as a player, not a coach. Being a first class player means jack all in the coaching world, just as being a first class coach means nowt playing wise. Steelers at the least needs 18 months to turn their mess around, finishing 4-5th this season will be a achievement. If that even happens.

august04

Bolduc is a good signing if he’s fit. I’m still hoping we can sign a tough player. We have skill in abundance, no shortage of that but I’d like an extra physical presence to help the likes of Louis out. Faryna could still be out for a while if he has a hand injury (even though he’s reportedly skating again) and if he’s got any sense, he’ll keep away from the rough stuff when he’s back in the line up. League wise, I have no doubt that Giants and Panthers lack our consistency and both will fall considerably short for me, but I do worry about those one off CC/Play off games where anything can happen - a bit like the Janssen season when Nottingham won all the short format championships but lacked the consistency to win the league. Did Kelman get questioned on any new signings in the pre game talk last weekend? I hope we’re still looking for the right player to come in and not settling for what we have.

Devil94

MK have beaten Sheffield too and ran us close on the weekend. Having seen them at IAW, God knows how, but they did!
Exactly. And they have no real toughness in their ranks. Nottingham sucked them in to 3 fights against them. MK came out second best in all of them, but of course MK came away with the 2 points.