Panthers to announce new signing

august04

Exactly. And they have no real toughness in their ranks. Nottingham sucked them in to 3 fights against them. MK came out second best in all of them, but of course MK came away with the 2 points.
Panthers just seem to have a problem with producing consistent performances. I don’t think it’s related to how tough their opponents are, they just can’t seem to grind out the wins, game after game, like we can. But they’re dangerous in one off games so if we want to win it all, we’re going to need to have their number, and they’ll be trying all ways to get the better of us. I think an additional physical presence is what we need, we have so much skill already and that would ensure those guys are less likely to be targeted. Others will disagree I’m sure!

Gazza272

Panthers just seem to have a problem with producing consistent performances. I don’t think it’s related to how tough their opponents are, they just can’t seem to grind out the wins, game after game, like we can. But they’re dangerous in one off games so if we want to win it all, we’re going to need to have their number, and they’ll be trying all ways to get the better of us. I think an additional physical presence is what we need, we have so much skill already and that would ensure those guys are less likely to be targeted. Others will disagree I’m sure!

I certainly think we could do with a presence. While the 4th line have been magnificent when called upon, I do feel like a disruptor would give opposition defences even more to think about. It's also the only possible upgrade I feel we can make, that we don't already have.

Ocko

I think Panthers inability to grind out wins is linked to their penalty trouble. They are too tough and those sorts of player naturally have a high PIMs count and also encourage others around them to do so. It's all well and good walking 10 feet tall in your tough team, but it means everyone plays a little too close to the edge.

I agree with Gazza272. The one thing we are missing from our team is a big physical forward, which we are noticing more with Faryna's injury but also the fact that Batch has now ended up D (and how well is he doing!?). They are two big physical players who are not on the forecheck and pressuring opposition D - we are immensely skillful so can get around this, but it just means we haven't got this extra option in our locker.

zoesdevil

I certainly think we could do with a presence. While the 4th line have been magnificent when called upon, I do feel like a disruptor would give opposition defences even more to think about. It's also the only possible upgrade I feel we can make, that we don't already have.
I think we are missing Faryna, as in games we have been losing or are losing or are tight, we've missed that bit of tough hitting & grit Faryna brings with every shift, as you said above, I think he is a disruptor & i think we have missed him.

Wannabe2

I think Panthers inability to grind out wins is linked to their penalty trouble. They are too tough and those sorts of player naturally have a high PIMs count and also encourage others around them to do so. It's all well and good walking 10 feet tall in your tough team, but it means everyone plays a little too close to the edge.

I agree with Gazza272. The one thing we are missing from our team is a big physical forward, which we are noticing more with Faryna's injury but also the fact that Batch has now ended up D (and how well is he doing!?). They are two big physical players who are not on the forecheck and pressuring opposition D - we are immensely skillful so can get around this, but it just means we haven't got this extra option in our locker.
Spot on Panthers are averaging 15 mins a game, against ours of 7 mins per game, that’s a huge difference and can only hurt you. As the old saying goes, you don’t win games in the bin ( having said that a few more fights wouldn’t go adrift )

august04

The Panthers problem is that their roster is stacked with physicality, even more with this signing - and probably a bit too much for this league nowadays. They’ve just taken it a bit too far I think. I agree and think we really need a big, physical forward. When Faryna returns, he may not be able to do what we’re used to seeing him doing this past couple of years. He’s had concussions/head injuries and now a hand/wrist injury. He’d be mad to carry on crash, bang and walloping.

Last edited: