Panthers sign another player

Finny

osh said:
So you can 100% say that we don't have cover for wages etc if a player gets injured, and you also say that Notingham or any other team don't either ? In that case, based on your previous crowd facts, we won't be bringing any more additional players in this season then.
I don't know whether we have cover for wages or not. My guess is that we do have some money available as we were looking into bringing in a replacement, but perhaps we don't have the money to keep bringing in players throughout the season. The players wages are probably only a small part of the overall cost when you take into account all the paperwork and registration and of course flights and accomodation.

Again, purely guessing, I would say that we can't afford to bring in an additional player longterm at the moment. Perhaps we are slowly building up enough money to be able to afford a spare import for the second half of the season.

DevilDom

Finny said:
I actually have an answer regarding insurance.

Our Insurance doesn't cover players wages whilst they are injured. Simply because they are not financially beneficial. Even if you could convince an insurer to give you such a policy the premiums would be skyhigh and also include a certain period (say 2 to 4 weeks) before they would even start paying out. So it is cheaper for the clubs to just pay the injured player wages and bring in another player if it is long term.
And this goes for every EIHL team. So Nottingham aren't recieving insurance to cover the injured players just like we aren't with Voth.
That's interesting and contradicts what has been said by quite a few people on here especially certain posters who are Giants supporters.

Therefore both Panthers and Giants (with 2 players out injured) can afford to pay the injured players and bring in replacements whilst we can't. I can see how Panthers can do it with maybe 1 player out but 2? I'd also be interested to see what The Giants average crowd is as if (as you say) they need 3500 to break even they must have some pretty good sponsorships deals as there can't have been more than that when we played them at the weekend.

E.D.S.

osh said:
Sadly Finny, based on the theory that we need a 1500 average attendance to cover costs of running a team ( which you say we are achieving at the present time ) it is hardly likely that our average crowd figures are going to shoot up dramatically during the next few months etc especially with the expense of the christmas period etc, so therefore, no additional player will come in. A very important issue seems to be the insurances taken out on players, it would appear that we don't have a sufficient policy in place to allow us to bring in a replacement for Voth, we knew he was going to be out for many weeks and we decided to go with the present setup. God knows what we would have done if we had ben unfortunate enough to have another serious injury to a key player during that time. As ASHIPP has already correctly stated, with many games coming up in a very short space of time, it could make or break our league season ( lets hope its 'make'_
Can the club actually take out insurance on players? From my own experience of playing sport, the players were the only ones who could take out insurance to cover loss of earnings but I wasn't aware the clubs could. It may be a mute point as clubs normally put in a contact clause that states that any insurance pay out to cover loss of earnings will replace the wages that they would have normally recieved from the club but as mentioned in a previous post the club would still have to cover the accommodation costs etc.

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
So you can 100% say that we don't have cover for wages etc if a player gets injured, and you also say that Notingham or any other team don't either ? In that case, based on your previous crowd facts, we won't be bringing any more additional players in this season then.
I don't know whether we have cover for wages or not. My guess is that we do have some money available as we were looking into bringing in a replacement, but perhaps we don't have the money to keep bringing in players throughout the season. The players wages are probably only a small part of the overall cost when you take into account all the paperwork and registration and of course flights and accomodation.

Again, purely guessing, I would say that we can't afford to bring in an additional player longterm at the moment. Perhaps we are slowly building up enough money to be able to afford a spare import for the second half of the season.
Finny, My post should have said''So you can 100% say that we don't have INSURANCE cover for wages etc'' as this is what you have said in a previous post

Finny

We don't have insurance that would pay players wages whilst injured.

We may have other insurance that covers other things (e.g. the costs of surgery) but I don't know about that.