Panthers ship 10

ASHIPP

Carr is on IR from last week. They played their backup (poor lad) and brought Dan Green out of semi retirement as the number 2 goalie tonight. Kerlin has literally played a handful of games this season.
Under this season's regulations, teams can sign emergency goalie cover. Panthers are searching.

kettdevil1

Felt desperately sorry for Kerlin in nets, he's a promising young Brit who has been given minimal chances all season and then gets thrown in to the game. Reports from the game suggest the D coverage was poor for a majority of the goals. Just hope that this doesn't have a terminal impact on his confidence

Wannabe2

Panthers are really lousy this year, check this out they have scored 30 goals less, and conceeded 50 goals more than us in the same amount of games. Only the Storm have conceeded more, and the Panthers have conceeded 7 more than Fife. That’s pretty shitty by anyones standards, no wonder they ain’t a happy lot in ripoffville.

moggy#9

Thread starter #13
Only the Flyers are currently eliminated from playoff's. Mathematically Storm can get through.
I honestly think it's only a matter of time before the flyers drop out of the elite league. Their average attendance is significantly below anyone else is the league and they must be struggling financially. They'd probably be more competitive at a lower level, have lower costs and get more bums on seats. The loss of the flyers would be a serious problem for the league though, and they'd need to entice someone else in.

kettdevil1

I honestly think it's only a matter of time before the flyers drop out of the elite league. Their average attendance is significantly below anyone else is the league and they must be struggling financially. They'd probably be more competitive at a lower level, have lower costs and get more bums on seats. The loss of the flyers would be a serious problem for the league though, and they'd need to entice someone else in.
Not saying you are wrong but what level could they play at? It's highly unlikely the NIHL will want them so its got to be the SNL which is not a great level and was hated by many of their fans when they dropped last time.

It's really frustrating - just before the pandemic they were averaging almost double what they are getting now and with a bit of marketing and a big push there is no reason why they can't get back to where they were. Losing Fife would be a massive blow to the league as it would have an effect on Dundee and Glasgow so I would hope that the other clubs are looking to support the Flyers through this period.

moggy#9

Thread starter #15
Not saying you are wrong but what level could they play at? It's highly unlikely the NIHL will want them so its got to be the SNL which is not a great level and was hated by many of their fans when they dropped last time.

It's really frustrating - just before the pandemic they were averaging almost double what they are getting now and with a bit of marketing and a big push there is no reason why they can't get back to where they were. Losing Fife would be a massive blow to the league as it would have an effect on Dundee and Glasgow so I would hope that the other clubs are looking to support the Flyers through this period.
This is why I was saying the other day that the league needs some form off revenue sharing. As a league it can only be as strong as it's weakest team, and frankly I don't see where any new members are coming from any time soon.

Diablo3

Fife have had some good results this year, I suspect they lost out to other entertainment during covid, but there is no reason they can't get them back with the right incentives.

kettdevil1

Linking the two points in this thread together..... Panthers strongly rumoured to be trying to sign Shane Owen for the playoffs - given their last few results and the face that Carr's injury looks more serious than initially thought, this looks sensible to me

Kevin roog

Trouble with revenue sharing is that it could end up like baseball, example, if the devils gave them our hard earned season ticket revenue as well as other teams chipping in, fife wouldn’t then go out and sign j piccinich and vallerand, they would still have the same crap team but the owners would have a nice bonus or profit

moggy#9

Thread starter #19
Trouble with revenue sharing is that it could end up like baseball, example, if the devils gave them our hard earned season ticket revenue as well as other teams chipping in, fife wouldn’t then go out and sign j piccinich and vallerand, they would still have the same crap team but the owners would have a nice bonus or profit
That's a fair point. I think that there would need to be safety measures to avoid that happening (maybe matching a proportion of what they generate themselves). The aim has to be to provide stability while at the same time promoting a sound business model for every team.

Kevin roog

I’d hate to see Fife go but it could be the reality of pro sports unfortunately, it’s not a charity and it seems there are better run teams in the league below, Milton Keynes getting 2900 people the other week(although they were a bit shit last time they were up with us)