Panthers Gas

Wannabe2

Thread starter #5
Yes Strachan stand in Coach for rest of season,with Lepine his assistant whilst out injured, and Henderson taking over the captaincy. Myself I never took to their coach, and didn’t rate him.

Ocko

I think it’s really underestimated how difficult our league is to come into to coach. Rarely are coaches recruited externally to the league successful.

Chermonaz had the CV and the budget but failed. Barrasso has also done nothing other than continue the exact same form as Thompson. A big name, but he hasn’t turned them around like everyone thought he would, despite additions.

tim78

Panthers did start of well and looked like they would be an incredible team... well those first games against us.

Thought Barrasso had turned them around a little as they did hit form for a while.

zoesdevil

I think it’s really underestimated how difficult our league is to come into to coach. Rarely are coaches recruited externally to the league successful.

Chermonaz had the CV and the budget but failed. Barrasso has also done nothing other than continue the exact same form as Thompson. A big name, but he hasn’t turned them around like everyone thought he would, despite additions.
Mind you, it doesn't matter how good a workman you are, if the tools aren't fit for the job, then the job isn't going to get done!

ASHIPP

Think it was obvious he had lost the locker room - the body language and zero communication on the Panthers bench during last weekend's game showed that. Strachan is usually an animated motivator during games - maybe he can get them going.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #12
Strachan did play D for us, wasnt a great player he then went to Basingstoke and beat up Steve Thornton cutting him nastily, think he played number 4.

Mooney#16

Played as our no 6 d man on a pairing with Dwight Parrish however to his credit that was on probably our deepest ever ISL roster and I do remember turning my nose up at his signing and then Strachs put in a really good season so I don’t think anyone could really criticise his contribution in Devils history.

OJLloyd

They’re third in the league, bit OTT to ditch the coach at this point?
I don't think their position reflects where they truly stand, as they have played quite a few games more than most of the other teams. It seems he was given some decent money to throw at the team this year, and to be so far off the league title race is probably not going to go down too well.

I imagine he wasn't exactly overly keen on staying where his reputation might get something of a kicking come the end of season table. There is a chance that they finish down towards bottom half of the play-off places.