Panthers Bans

Thread starter #1
Henley and Makela will both miss the game at the tent on premier sports.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/bans-for-h ... la-p188607

I believe they can't replace these two with other imports so that'll leave them two down. A shame for the product on TV, but a break for the Devils.

Henley rode roughshod over our team last time and we have no-one to match him physically so his absence will be a big plus for the Devils.

kettdevil1

Hang on, you get banned now for hitting Tim Spencer? Crazy system...... I would have thought he would be given a bonus :lol:

Good break for us....

Temme

I bet the panthers are glad it's not against one of the top 5 teams.
Bit of a lucky break for them that they're playing us this weekend.

DevilDom

Martynwo said:
They're not playing us this weekend, next weekend
As they are playing in Europe this weekend the bans apply to

27/11/13 – Nottingham Panthers vs Edinburgh Capitals
30/11/13 – Cardiff Devils vs Nottingham Panthers

so it does benefit us for 1 game.

ASHIPP

Panthers suffer more injuries during their trip to Asiago for the Cup.

Lachowicz, Murray and Henley all being assessed this week. Be interesting to see how many players they will ice against Capitals tonight.Panthers will be exhausted after 3 games over weekend and travelling from Italy.

Despite a long injury list, Panthers have the character to dig deep for the results they need.

Whilst player injuries are always bad news, I'm hoping the Devils can take full advantage of
this situation and dig even deeper for the results they deserve in their games this weekend.

kettdevil1 said:
On the plus side for the Panthers, Punchbag Farmer has signed on and should play against us this weekend.....
Farmer may not be able to make Saturdays game after a delay in America which means he doesn't arrive until Saturday, but they are certain he will play Sunday. Thought he could have shifted his arse from Heathrow to Cardiff it's not that far :lol:

Paul Sullivan

Henley will be a huge loss for them. Speaking to some Panthers fans and he seems central to so much of their play, similar to Keefe in Belfast.

Fingers crossed the boys can take advantage of an uncharacteristically weakened Panthers team, who have always been a huge challenge in the past.

It's good to have the first game at home too, maybe give us the jump on the weekend. I also love how Dan is playing in goal right now. Going to the NIC you need a goalie who can just shut the door on them (a la Jody) and I think we certainly have that right now.

ASHIPP

Panthers beat Capitals 4-1 last night.

Like I said the Panthers have the character to dig deep despite missing so many players through bans and injury....and having played 3 games in Italy at the weekend.

Thet still have players missing this weekend. Our Guys showed the true fighting spirit of the Cardiff Devils last weekend and Dan is on fantastic form. Hope they can dig very deep...they so deserve great results from hard work...and Smithy is back too.

:D

Wannabe2

Big test for the Devils this weekend, they have the talent to do it, but its gonna be a big task. Let's hope they can pull it off.