Open Training Session?

Thread starter #1
Would this be possible? I realise the times are probably not convenient for people working
9-5, but is this something which could work in Cardiff?

With Weller now on board I'm sure this is something more fans would be interested in - perhaps with a signing session for the kids afterwards?

Martynwo

I went down this morning hoping to watch, I did have an invite, however I was told that it was not allowed due to "Planet ice Rules", yeah like we know what it rules.

No offence to the girl on the desk but they are not customer friendly at all.

DevilDom

Martynwo said:
I went down this morning hoping to watch, I did have an invite, however I was told that it was not allowed due to "Planet ice Rules", yeah like we know what it rules.

Probably Elf and Safety!

Martynwo said:

I don't suppose they could have spoken to the person who invited you to clear it ? Why can't you watch training but you can watch a game doesn't make sense to me

I was going to ask about this, I'd been thinking about it cuz i'd love to see Weller in action before Sat.
Did they use to do it for their friday training sessions a couple of seasons ago? I remember reading about it but it was before i was a fan.

I've always found this. Whenever I go in to buy a ticket, there'll be three of them behind the desk and not one looks up. I have to stand there for about five mins before someone realises I need to be served!!

ASHIPP

A great idea as a 'freebie' benefit to season ticket holders........although if there was a small charge for non-season ticket holders, I doubt many people would mind. :D
Great PR, a chance to see the guys preparing for games, and also to watch and maybe greet Craig Weller otherwise it will be at an official club event like Xmas party before that happens?

I think it would be good seeing some open training sessions, good PR and to be honest it might do PI good as well, although can't see them thinking of the benefits they would have like, people buying hot drinks and snacks, looking at the facilities etc, etc..... I also think it would give a new perspective to the game, we all know about training and what it entails but to actually see the guys training would be good. I haven't got a season ticket, so only far that non season ticket holders only pay a nominal fee to watch. And I also think it will give the guys a bit of extra boost to see fans wanting to watch them and a little bit of mingling with the guys would be good......Also I have to agree the customer service is not that good at all. I buy my tickets online and for 1st class it is almost like 2 nd class delivery. When I made an enquiry to where my ticket was the response was cool and very off hand.....hhmmm seems like they need to buck their ideas up, after all we do bring in a lot of revenue to PI.

We were able to watch training sessions in the non PI WNIR, the Saturday morning sessions were
great to watch.

H&S should not be an issue if you watched at ground level, flying pucks etc..

Don't want this thread to turn into an anti PI but I honestly believe it's PI being awkward and anti-devils.

Didn't they do this last season or maybe the season before that. It was certainly one evening but definitely in the PI rink. It might have only been season ticket holders but I remember it being a reasonable turnout and very interesting to watch.

Would be good if they could do one or two open sessions a season, I would certainly go again if they held another.

Wizard91 said:
Didn't they do this last season or maybe the season before that. It was certainly one evening but definitely in the PI rink. It might have only been season ticket holders but I remember it being a reasonable turnout and very interesting to watch.

Would be good if they could do one or two open sessions a season, I would certainly go again if they held another.
Yeah - I seem to remember soemthing like that a couple of seasons ago. Think it was just a one-off though. My misses e-mailed G a couple of season's ago about getting my shirt signed as a suprise and he said for her to just turn up when they were practicing as if it was fine to just go in and watch. I always assumed this was the case. Not sure I'd be interested myself (more because of time of training sessions / travelling), but if others are then I can't see why they don't do it.

Yeah, they did it the season before last I think. And it definitely wasn't only for season ticket holders coz I went with some non-season ticket holders. Was probably about 40-50 people there altogether.