only 3 init for the title?

Thread starter #1
I figure that IF Flyers win both games v Giants or indeed if they only take 1pt then theyre oot of the running...
I think Sheffield are out too..theyve got significantly more games to play in theyre conference that you or Nottingham..they would need a massive improvemen which i dont think they can manage..
Panthers have added to roster well and i expect them to beat the Clan..they are on a run and confidence is high...
Devils have been the most consistent and I expect them to run both of them close..

Think it's too early to rule out any of the top 5 at this stage. Fantastic to see so many teams in with a chance of the title though - been a great season with plenty more to come!

Finny

Which title?

Clan should walk the league title. Even if they have an off day they should still beat their conference opponents. For a team in our conference to win the title they'd need to win pretty much every game from now on. And that's just not possible as it's so even.

The Erhardt Conference is still up for grabs though. Nottingham have a slight lead but us and Belfast are only just behind.

Thread starter #4
Finny said:
Which title?

Clan should walk the league title. Even if they have an off day they should still beat their conference opponents. For a team in our conference to win the title they'd need to win pretty much every game from now on. And that's just not possible as it's so even.

The Erhardt Conference is still up for grabs though. Nottingham have a slight lead but us and Belfast are only just behind.
Of course you can win the league....clan will get 2 pts this weekend youll get 4..clan have more games left v teams who will be desperate to qualify for playoffs..these will be tougher games than playing arena teams who will be protecting their rosters until playoffs..it happens in the Premiership every season with teams fighting relegation winning games against mid table sides?

Ocko

Amazepux said:
Finny said:
Which title?

Of course you can win the league....clan will get 2 pts this weekend youll get 4..clan have more games left v teams who will be desperate to qualify for playoffs..these will be tougher games than playing arena teams who will be protecting their rosters until playoffs..it happens in the Premiership every season with teams fighting relegation winning games against mid table sides?
Desperate to qualify for the playoffs? Start bloody acting like it then!

Thread starter #7
knowitall said:
I have said for a while its a bit unfair as clan should win the league every year unless dundee and fife etc improve.
How long u been saying it? Clan have really only improved this year

Jones72

I think there should be a handicap system. Multiply the points by 0.75-0.8 for the 'other' (Northern) conference due to the relative quality of the teams.

;P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread starter #10
Its maybe a bit unfair particularly for Devils..but its the conference system thats helping you to sell out most weeks and the arenas are maximising income...lets have a salary cap then..and watch the Flyers soar!

Thread starter #13
Looking at the league table I think that Devils fixtures next weekends aee MASSIVE..you will need at least 3 pts from thesegames v Giants and Steelers..anything less and I think your toast.
People may think ahh but theres still 15 odd games left...problem is though your current form isnt matching Panthers or Steelers and Its more likely on paper that youll lose both mext weekends games. I hope you do get 2 wins though. I would now also say that Giants are definately out of the race. Steelers play Devils and Panthers next weekend and will need to win at least 1 of these games to keep their slum hopes alive. I dont think the Steelers will win the league though because they played on average 4 less conference games than the rest of you and this will catch up with them.

Temme

This league is STILL wide open between all 5 teams.

The simple fact is that as Belfast/Nottingham/Sheffield/Cardiff all play each other every single week, they will inevitably take points off each other, while Braehead can pick up 4 points most weekends - allowing Braehead to coast the league.

If any of the Erdhart conference teams were able to go unbeaten against teams in their conference, they would win the league.

Thread starter #16
I just cant see the Devils winning 3 pts next weekend..in the last 3 games 2 of which at home youve scored 6 and conceded 13 in regulation time.. maybe theyll pull there socks up...i hope they do. Giants are already out of it IMO theyre too far back and by all not playing great. Sheffield will need to step up to a higher level than previously cos theyve got 4 extra conference games to play and i see them dropping 4 pts...it really only leaves Clan and Panthers init with a realistic chance IMO.

Amazepux said:
I just cant see the Devils winning 3 pts next weekend..in the last 3 games 2 of which at home youve scored 6 and conceded 13 in regulation time.. maybe theyll pull there socks up...i hope they do. Giants are already out of it IMO theyre too far back and by all not playing great. Sheffield will need to step up to a higher level than previously cos theyve got 4 extra conference games to play and i see them dropping 4 pts...it really only leaves Clan and Panthers init with a realistic chance IMO.
I think its to early to count any of the top 5 out of it just yet, they all have to play each other a few times yet and points will be dropped by them all. As for Clan having it easier because they don't have to play the other contenders much now......I just don't buy that....it wasn't easier when they let a 2 goal lead go against Hull on Saturday was it. You think Giants are to far back and already out of it? They are 4pts behind Panthers (who have a game in hand) but still have to play them twice, plus Steelers twice, Devils twice as well as Clan, so that's my reasoning behind saying its still to early to write any of them off.