Official supporters club

Kevlar68

No, there was an actual supporters club committee at one point.
A club like ours should have one BUT it really does take up quite a bit of peoples time and after all they are volunteers so I can also understand its allot for people to take on along side their own personal lives.
I know just from when i used to be a administrator/moderator on holiday and tourism websites/forums even that took up allot of time and that takes up less than a supporters club.

Kevlar68

I think it's the costs of coach that may be the sticking point what with petrol costs and trying to recoup money lost through covid.

moggy#9

No, there was an actual supporters club committee at one point.
A club like ours should have one BUT it really does take up quite a bit of peoples time and after all they are volunteers so I can also understand its allot for people to take on along side their own personal lives.
I know just from when i used to be a administrator/moderator on holiday and tourism websites/forums even that took up allot of time and that takes up less than a supporters club.
I did a couple of terms on the committee in the 90s. I don't think people appreciated just how much work went into it, both on match nights and at other times. I have a vague recollection of there being issues around the time of the Bob Phillips debacle, but I can't remember the details now.

I did a couple of terms on the committee in the 90s. I don't think people appreciated just how much work went into it, both on match nights and at other times. I have a vague recollection of there being issues around the time of the Bob Phillips debacle, but I can't remember the details now.
Best not to say too much about that period, I was secretary of CDSL at the time. The hassle we had with a certain owner at the time was very stressful for committee members who were only doing it for the members, travel, social etc.. and supporting the junior development.
Very uncomfortable meetings, threats and ultimatums made towards us, one of the very disappointing outcomes was that Pete Russell lost his JD job and CDSL got the partial blame for that.

moggy#9

Best not to say too much about that period, I was secretary of CDSL at the time. The hassle we had with a certain owner at the time was very stressful for committee members who were only doing it for the members, travel, social etc.. and supporting the junior development.
Very uncomfortable meetings, threats and ultimatums made towards us, one of the very disappointing outcomes was that Pete Russell lost his JD job and CDSL got the partial blame for that.
To be honest I didn't envy you. I was very glad that I'd stepped down and taken up a regular writing commitment for the match programme. It made it much easier to walk away when the boycott took place.

Wannabe2

It took a lot of Passion and Dedication in those days to do what you could for a club that was being ripped apart, people putting others first and working long hours thru love of our club, for no reward financial wise. Good people who kept this club going under lousy circumstances, so so lucky these good folk existed.

Hedd Wyn John

I think it's the costs of coach that may be the sticking point what with petrol costs and trying to recoup money lost through covid.
Didn't one of the organisers say it was down to the huge amount of time & effort it took to organise it. The burden fell on 1 or 2 guys and they didn't enjoy doing it anymore.