Official: 2020-2021 League suspended

Rempel16

Got to feel for the Elite League referees in this situation. No-one seems to have thought of the impact upon them. Hopefully they can all pull through and return when the hockey does.

Kevlar68

I would have thought they have full time jobs along with ref work. I knew a football ref who had reffered in the europa league and he still had a full time

KaneDevils

Yes, and pubs as well as people going on foreign holidays are the two main causes of the current surge. People go to the supermarket to get essentials, they're required to social distance and wear a mask. Additionally cold conditions, as evidenced by the meat packing plant outbreaks, are ideal conditions for the virus. Sorry, your argument makes no sense to me.
So it all makes sense then? Theatres cant open pubs can? Gatherings of no more than 6, pubs and clubs aren't going to follow that now are they? My point is, it's all mad, very little makes any sense. Where I work, during the lockdown, nobody wore a mask. Last 3 weeks, everyones wearing one? It's farcical. Fans will be returning to football stadiums by the end of the month, cant watch hockey tho?

Last edited:

KaneDevils

Id happily sit in a packed arena and watch a game. Just like I've sat on 3 flights recently. I'd rather just get back to normal as soon as possible.

Sweden took a rather interesting approach to their lockdown. Or lack of one.
You've been on 3 flights? Well, in my opinion, you're an idiot. People like you are the reason it's all kicking off again and why things havent returned to normal.

NathanG

You've been on 3 flights? Well, in my opinion, you're an idiot. People like you are the reason it's all kicking off again and why things havent returned to normal.
LOL okay cheers for your input. Life goes on. Besides, isn't the rise in cases due to close family transmission? I did absolutely nothing wrong and when I returned i kept my distance from everyone ( not that I feel the need to justify myself) . If anything, it was safer in italy/Netherlands as cases were lower but hey oh! I'm not going to stop living my life and I won't apologise for it.

KaneDevils

LOL okay cheers for your input. Life goes on. Besides, isn't the rise in cases due to close family transmission? I did absolutely nothing wrong and when I returned i kept my distance from everyone ( not that I feel the need to justify myself) . If anything, it was safer in italy/Netherlands as cases were lower but hey oh! I'm not going to stop living my life and I won't apologise for it.
Aye, that's supposedly the reason. You buying it? Opening the pubs helps kick start the economy, that's a coincidence of course. People shouldn't be allowed to leave the country. Your actions were irresponsible. It's not just your life that matters.

KaneDevils

Last edited:

NathanG

Aye, that's supposedly the reason. You buying it? Opening the pubs helps kick start the economy, that's a coincidence of course. People shouldn't be allowed to leave the country. Your actions were irresponsible. It's not just your life that matters.
I live for travelling and meeting people. It's my biggest passion in life. Not going away when I had the opportunity would have been detrimental to my mental health, which I put above everything. Especially a virus that is so deadly, you need a test to even have any indication that you have it. Terrifying.

KaneDevils

I live for travelling and meeting people. It's my biggest passion in life. Not going away when I had the opportunity would have been detrimental to my mental health, which I put above everything. Especially a virus that is so deadly, you need a test to even have any indication that you have it. Terrifying.
Not everyone needs a test to indicate wether they have it or not. It affects people differently. My friend of 20 years contracted it and was extremely Ill. Hes since had a heart attack and is unable to return to work. Hes been forced into early retirement, aged 56. You've still acted selfishly and irresponsibly.

Last edited:

NathanG

Not everyone needs a test to indicate wether they have it or not. It affects people differently. My friend of 20 years contracted it and was extremely Ill. Hes since had a heart attack and is unable to return to work. Hes been forced into early retirement, aged 56. You've still acted selfishly and irresponsibly.
You are boring the tits off me now fella. I don't care.

pjj365

There are reasons I gave up my ST before the announcement despite the cost. My wife and I are in a group with preconditions born (with the exception of my smoking) out of the passage of time and generic inheritance not self neglect.

It hurt but it felt like regaining some control since, even if hockey had returned in December, we would not have gone simply because too many people are careless or, selfishly, simply do not care.We did not want to take the risk.

Caerphilly (holiday returnees) & RCT (a day at the races) were people living their lives but impacting others. The pandemic will not reduce as long as this approach lasts and many more people will, at best, be inconvenienced or, at worst, die.

Not only that but the longer local lock downs (or worse) are caused by such behaviour (I excluded issues such as poor housing/working conditions as bring unavoidable but predictable) then 21/22 hockey could be at risk.

Earnie

I also believe 21/22 may be at risk. Brought on by the irresponsible behaviour
of some of those that stand out in these discussions.((not just them obviously but those with similar mentality)
The sequence of getting R below one and then loosing it will repeat itself.

pjj365

of some of those that stand out in these discussions.((not just them obviously but those with similar mentality)
Drakeford at lunch time stated he thought it is above 1 in Wales now - and we were doing so well

NathanG

Did I break the law? (answers no). Do I follow guidlines set by our government and by the governments of the countries I choose to visit. Yep. So on your bike Gary. People can do as they please as far as I'm concerned. But I won't take sly back handed digs from someone that hides behind a username online.