OFFER

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
was gonna buy an item from the 50% MEGA sale today from the Devils shop , the item cost less than the 7.00 delivery charge...not happy..didnt bother...

CaldicotDevil

The item i wanted only cost 1.50 , couldve been put in envelope for a price of a stamp..no brainer..
I empathise with Corky on this as we find the same thing in work. Unless you send a lot of parcels (300+) a month you struggle to get good shipping rates from most couriers. £7 will always look expensive next to Amazon Prime.

Most of the cheaper post office options don't come with tracking and insurance. This makes a huge difference if parcels do go a stray because if a parcel goes missing without it then you as the sender need to resend it at your own cost. Also with the post office options you need to drop it off at the post office yourself which takes time and money.

Out of curiosity did you ring the shop and ask them if they could send it in the post?

Kevlar68

I buy and sell NHL ice hockey tops and i can send a 2 jersey parcel out with signed 2nd class delivery (5 working days) for £4.10 but the shop may have a delivery contract with a courier so that will dictate price.

CaldicotDevil

Like I said theres definitely cheaper options but it may not suit how the shop operates.

I don't work for the shop & don't know Corky. I just thought with everything going on with Covid that a niche sports retail business would certainly be feeling the brunt of it.

That's why I thought starting such a specific thread on a public forum, about such a small issue was a bit unfair. I'm sure if you emailed someone at the Devils or the shop they would've helped in some way.

Hedd Wyn John

I thought the 50% off offer was a good deal but with all the merch I currently have there wasn't too much in the sale that took my fancy. I considered getting a junior Jersey for my niece as birthday present but the right size was sold out. I understand the shipping cost is pricey for a small item but I guess they probably want to encourage people to buy several items in one go which when it's 50% off you'd probably want to do to maximise bang for yer buck.