Of those who have the new jerseys

Devils86

Thread starter #1
How’s the sizing compared to last year? Will probably order one soon and hope all the drama has died down.

Won’t be holding my breath though!

JC23

How’s the sizing compared to last year? Will probably order one soon and hope all the drama has died down.

Won’t be holding my breath though!
Mine hasn’t arrived yet, but I tried on a jersey in the shop again after the Guildford game (I’ve eaten a lot of pizza over the past three months...) in comparison with my 30 year anniversary jersey, I’d say they come up slightly smaller than before.

Hope this helps!

Temme

What bozman said, i don't have one personally but everyone has commented that the arms are too short.

My friend has an XL and wears an XL ice hockey jersey over pads normally, but even without pads on the sleeves don't reach his wrists.

Imp

It’s definitely a little smaller than last year, but it’s cut quite differently too. The sleeves are only about 2” shorter (neck to cuff) but feel about 4-6” shorter when worn. Personally, I much prefer the shorter cut, but it‘s definitely going to irk people that want their sleeves down to their hands.
02C7EDCA-3726-4414-92B1-367F2F5E0A45.jpeg

Imp

Not sure I have the vocabulary when it comes to fabric...

They are definitely lighter, although overall some of that is simply absence of patches, the material itself seems a little more modern. The feel reminds me of polo shirts. It‘s less scratchy than last season’s jersey.

I wouldn’t call it flimsy, but it does appear flimsier than previous jerseys, less industrial, but I have no plans to stress test it, so who knows. If you really want to fight in it, I’d say it’s a better design, but I figure it’s 90% how it looks that actually matter.

I do wonder, as we get more into winter, if I might have opted for +1 size to better accommodate wearing a hoodie underneath as it gets colder. Works fine over a t-shirt and a lighter sweatshirt at the moment, but my Devils hoodie is pretty bulky and it’s nowhere near cold enough to pile all of that on together yet.

I really don’t have any complaints about the new jersey, but it is definitely different.

You could walk up to pretty much anyone wearing one at Viola and ask.

Temme

pjj365

Know what I "love" about the Inferno ....

Loads of moans about shirt delays yet none of the moaners posted about this gesture

Hey ho

Mazzoak

Know what I "love" about the Inferno ....

Loads of moans about shirt delays yet none of the moaners posted about this gesture

Hey ho
Maybe a few pork bread rolls, some stodgy pasta and a lot of it wasn’t our fault excuses isn’t sufficient & they didn’t want to post such comments because of the inevitable backlash.

l think it’s a great idea, the management putting right a wrong.

I did think it was a great gesture by the club. But then I also thought why was there such a fuss in the first place? I mean this evening isn’t aimed at solely at kids, who would surely be the ones justified to be upset, grown adults surely could get over getting a replica jersey a little late? It’s a little weird they mean so much to you anyway.

The only logical answer is that you are embarrassed by the state of your clothes underneath or about the amount of weight you are carrying and the jerseys hide it well, you prolific IAW seat benders! In which case you’ve earned your night of moaning together (easy on the pork rolls if your seat bends).

pjj365

I did think it was a great gesture by the club. But then I also thought why was there such a fuss in the first place? I mean this evening isn’t aimed at solely at kids, who would surely be the ones justified to be upset, grown adults surely could get over getting a replica jersey a little late? It’s a little weird they mean so much to you anyway.

The only logical answer is that you are embarrassed by the state of your clothes underneath or about the amount of weight you are carrying and the jerseys hide it well, you prolific IAW seat benders! In which case you’ve earned your night of moaning together (easy on the pork rolls if your seat bends).
It is all,about customer services in particular paying out good money against a promise which was not met - what's not to get

As to your second paragraph - WTF? Glad I didn't order a shirt so have avoided being lumped in with your strange rationale for ordering a jersey. Have you not heard of supporting your club?

Mazzoak

l guess your a Black Card holder. No didn’t think so.

People have paid a substantial price for what is in essence a limited use item of clothing, they’d purchased a product, assured quality & given a delivery date. So far both have been found to be well below par. So people are a little annoyed & rightly so. In much the same way the Devils organisation are extremely unhappy at this mess. It may take a yr or two to regain the trust back, sales maybe impacted. How much financial recourse they’d receive, l don’t know, I’d like to believe that it would be passed down to the purchasers & remove any “profit” as this ultimately is there legal responsibility to source competent suppliers.