Now these are my kind of stats!

Thread starter #1
(Data taken from the Confirmed Player Signings/Movements thread, so if it’s not up-to-date you know who to complain to! ;) )

Out of a confirmed 16 signings (with 2 more to go, and including G and Dorian Smith):

10 have stayed from 2008/09
5 are returning from previous years
1 is brand spanking new

Plus two coaches who, as coach or player, have been with the team for a while.

So about a third will have stayed on from last year.

I’ve said so many times that we need a good proportion of players to stay on from one year to the next (though not necessarily the same ones every year) so that we don’t behave like a brand new team each season. Some stability and consistency is needed, and that goes a long way to making a good team. With a third staying G’s achieved this, and with most of the rest being return players it feels familiar already.

Add to this is who the players – new and old – are,and, in Max’s own words, it’s “the cherry and the icing on the cake”.

I have a good feeling about 2090/10. I’ve not said that about other seasons because I haven’t felt this way for a while, though I’m not going to jinx things with trophy predictions. I just feel that we’ll do well and be a force to be reckoned with. :twisted:

Thanks G.