Nottingham sign Chris Stewart

Temme

Thread starter #4
To be fair, i was ready to erupt when i saw he played for the Flames most recently given our Calgary connection, however he's the brother of Anthony Stewart who played for Nottingham in the lockout when we had Biz, so you're forgiven, Steve ;)

Temme

Thread starter #5
For those who don't know about Chris Stewart's pre-game post-warm-up "ritual", i suggest watching this one:

the guy is hilarious.

august04

Signings like this annoy me as a devils fan because there are clearly players out there who can improve our team massively.
There are always players available, never believed it whenever we’re told there’s none out there.
Of course, they still have to be the right one though. I think it would be a big gamble to assume we don’t need anyone now. A couple of injuries when the games are coming thick and fast, could have a big impact.

Gospel

How do you know he would improve our team? Hes played one game since the end of last season & may be completely out of shape. At this time of the season hes going to need to be game fit from the off & i just cant see that being the case.

kristian

Would a player like that fit in off the ice maybe we are looking for someone to play a different role on a different line to where he would want to play. Effects the whole team and dressing room.

Maybe we had a finger in the pie and Panthers and blown budget to get him.

kettdevil1

Signings like this annoy me as a devils fan because there are clearly players out there who can improve our team massively.
Let’s see.... as Temme has said there is the family connection to Nottingham so I would imagine that is how it came about

Speaking as a (Calgary) Flames fan, he frustrated me when I watched him play there but that is not to say that (potentially) he could be a very decent signing for the Panthers.

august04

How do you know he would improve our team? Hes played one game since the end of last season & may be completely out of shape. At this time of the season hes going to need to be game fit from the off & i just cant see that being the case.
Strachan arrived mid season last year, not having played for months, and he was up to speed immediately. Same for Schiestel - he’s turned into one of our top D men after just a few weeks, having not played since the end of last season. I hope it works out for the Panthers and I’m looking forward to seeing Stewart play - we don’t get the chance to see too many players with 652 NHL games under their belts over here that often.

CaldicotDevil

The story is he signed for the KHL side Slovan Bratislava in October. Was meant to fly in and meet the squad & the media in Vienna but never showed up and wouldn't pick up his phone. Couple of days later he retired due to a "Serious family problems".

It's a gamble for the Panthers. You might have a great player who wants half a season with the panthers to get fit for next year , Slovan like many other KHL teams had money issues used a cover story and that's why it fell through. Or he's a great player but carries baggage and a few demons.

Jonesy83

This is an amazing signing for Nottingham & if this was announced from the Devils we’d all be over the moon.

This is the type of player I’d have been Hoping for......I mean look at the pedigree, he should light this league up.

Given the position we are in (top of the league by 1 point) and with 2 double headers against Belfast fast approaching, I’d be really disappointed if we weren’t trying to get this guys signature on a contract for the rest of the season.

Ocko

Comments like this annoy me as a Devils fan. Players like Stewart aren’t just out there begging to join the mighty Cardiff Devils. Every coach has different contacts, we likely didn’t even have Stewart anywhere near our radar, just like Nottingham didn’t have Linglet anywhere near there. His brother played for the Panthers before so maybe that’s who made it happen,

Gazza272

Comments like this annoy me as a Devils fan. Players like Stewart aren’t just out there begging to join the mighty Cardiff Devils. Every coach has different contacts, we likely didn’t even have Stewart anywhere near our radar, just like Nottingham didn’t have Linglet anywhere near there. His brother played for the Panthers before so maybe that’s who made it happen,

His brother tweeted today 'you're welcome' so it seems pretty clear he had a hand in things.

Hockeymad

Didn’t say I wanted ya to sign him,
But all I read on here is the markets quiet no one available blah blah blah,

When it’s clear to see the quality is out there

Wannabe2

Why should this annoy you, he went to a bigger club than ours, was probably offered the money we couldn’t afford, and has connections to that club. We are not the Man City of our league, believe it or not we ain’t. Panthers need a big signing due to their crap season, they desperately need to address that, fans are not happy in Nottingham, and most league games crowds are down. We are very fortunate to be where we are, yes we have the best team in the league, but great signings and great re-signings have us where we are. Anyway 1 player ain’t going to win the title for Panthers.

Hockeymad

Wow!!!!!! I haven’t said we need Stewart I’m not saying we are Man City of ice hockey,

All I have said is there’s players out there who we could sign it’s a proven fact.

So don’t like it when people on here say there’s no one available when there clearly is.