NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

kristian

Not sure if it is feasible but have 1 steward per block walking up and down the steps telling them to put it back on or leave. But like people have said the security guy on door on way out last night don't have a mask on.

august04 2.0

The only way to police this mask wearing problem is to have a zero tolerance policy. If you’re in your seat, you wear a mask at all times - end of. And if you don’t, you’re out. If you want to eat/drink, go to the bar/cafe areas where those who want to share that risk can mingle amongst each other. The club is putting beer revenue from groups of younger people who don’t give a shit about the club or anyone other than themselves, ahead of the safety of its long serving fans (the vast majority of which are abiding by the rules). That’s unforgivable.

august04 2.0

No problem at all. There is no coaching room in the away changing room so the club have given visiting teams a room that side of the arena so he was heading back there.
Interesting, thanks for letting me know. Was wondering if there was more to that game than met the eye!

ASHIPP

Zero tolerance is the only way. Unless someone is genuinely exempt, or are quickly eating/drinking( as the Club has allowed) then they should be ejected.

Anyone can meet the first criteria for entering the Arena by producing a mask from their pocket, handbag etc. The difficulty comes with continously policing it during throughout the game.
There are always idiots who think they can get away with it or plead ignorance. The message won't get across unless people are seen to be thrown out.

I work in retail and I have seen for myself Covid regulation enforcement officers spot checking premises to see if businesses are complying. Back in November, a business in the same street as my place of work was given 24 hours to improve their queuing and social distancing policy/signage or they were going to be fined or temporarily closed.

They are quick enough to highlight people on the loudspeaker when people use their flash on their phones. I’ve often heard them pinpoint someone. Why not do the same with masks!
I’m a ST holder, and have not been to a game yet this year. If this continues, I’ll lose a lot of money. Until the organisation makes me feel safe I won’t go.
On a side note, does anyone have any info on the ventilation systems in place there?

august04 2.0

Zero tolerance is the only way. Unless someone is genuinely exempt, or are quickly eating/drinking( as the Club has allowed) then they should be ejected.

Anyone can meet the first criteria for entering the Arena by producing a mask from their pocket, handbag etc. The difficulty comes with continously policing it during throughout the game.
There are always idiots who think they can get away with it or plead ignorance. The message won't get across unless people are seen to be thrown out.

I work in retail and I have seen for myself Covid regulation enforcement officers spot checking premises to see if businesses are complying. Back in November, a business in the same street as my place of work was given 24 hours to improve their queuing and social distancing policy/signage or they were going to be fined or temporarily closed.
If the club are serious about this, they need to change the current eating/drinking in seats policy and simply stop it. I know that penalises those who abide by the rules, but it’s impossible to police mask wearing otherwise. I’d rather do without a pint when watching the game, than risk not having hockey again.

Just a shame that some of the stewards that were enforcing them weren't even wearing masks themselves.
There has to be a zero tolerance policy coming into the arena imo, surprised there wasn't anything on the screens or any announcements telling people to keep masks on last night.

Diafol

It's not just a Cardiff thing.
I thought masks were still compulsory on public transport in England ?
Just got the tram into Nottingham city centre and I think myself and the Mrs were the only ones wearing them.

Just got the tram into Nottingham city centre and I think myself and the Mrs were the only ones wearing them.
I was there last weekend with my band on tour and it was mental with no one wearing masks anywhere at all.

august04 2.0

It’s irrelevant what's happening outside Wales. We had such difficulty getting IAW open, it’s only going to take one outbreak identified as starting in the arena, to potentially get us shut down again. We need to be seen to be squeaky clean on this and not flouting Welsh gov rules for all to see on TV.

Last edited:
Not mandatory in England bud down to individual companies to regulate welcome to covid central England

Sad to see a lot of these posts ref mask wearing. Have not attended a game yet as was waiting to see how the mask wearing went due to two vulnerable members of our group. Afraid to say cannot see us attending anytime soon the way it is going, that’s a group of 4 to 7 not buying tickets regularly. Being none season ticket holders we sat in blocks 12 to 15 the roll up blocks, Saturday games were always a pain people standing up during play etc. With the clubs decision to have even more Saturday fixtures this year it would have been annoying at best but with the Saturday night drinking groups mask wearing likely to be non existent, so it will have to be Devil tv instead! Not the same but ho hum that’s life. Request to club can they get the sound levels sorted for the period break pieces blasted out the neighbours last night with the piece on Richie being given the C.

ASHIPP

It’s irrelevant what's happening outside Wales. We had such difficulty getting IAW open, it’s only going to take one outbreak identified as starting in the arena, to potentially get us shut down again. We need to be seen to be squeaky clean on this and not flouting Welsh gov rules for all to see on TV.
Hope someone from the Club is reading these posts...... and having a good think about how to nullify the mask problem. It really does need to be tightened up. The Club has worked tirelessly to get the Arena open and hockey in Cardiff again. Let's not blow it all now by allowing idiots to get away with it... or it could mean a fine, temporary closure or some sort of penaltyfor our Club and the season is just about to start. They don't need that financially or in the media.

Wannabe2

If any club will take this on board it will be ours for sure, much to much to ignore this situation. I expect a big change for next weeks game. We all need to feel as safe as possible, we wait all week for the weekend to come around that can’t be ruined by some inconsiderate selfish arrogant dicks.

august04 2.0

Hope someone from the Club is reading these posts...... and having a good think about how to nullify the mask problem. It really does need to be tightened up. The Club has worked tirelessly to get the Arena open and hockey in Cardiff again. Let's not blow it all now by allowing idiots to get away with it... or it could mean a fine, temporary closure or some sort of penaltyfor our Club and the season is just about to start. They don't need that financially or in the media.
I’m beginning to wonder whether they are that bothered. When you have some game night staff not wearing them or not wearing them properly, no announcements during the game, nobody enforcing anything, then it raises questions. Never mind, I’m sure bar sales on Saturday nights are great. Actions speak louder than words I’m afraid and we're not seeing much action on this.

Pembo

We’re season ticket holders and were hoping to get retired parents to a game but not with the current mask landscape. First thing club needs to do is actually enforce steward mask wearing. If steward mask wearing patchy it just validates mask sceptic punters. Another thing I’ve noticed is people seemingly deliberately nursing a drink or food for duration of game to use as excuse for non mask wearing throughout.
I work in health in touristy area, locals wearing masks dropped significantly since English tourists swarmed the area (some of whom seemed oblivious to Welsh rules, others who just reply “I don’t have to wear a mask I’m English”). There definitely seems a percentage of people who will abide by rules unless they see lots of other people in their setting maskless. There is likely to be a continued drift from mask compliance I fear unless club really shows is serious about this. Will be so frustrating if season collapses due to WAG locking down rink again because of casual attitude to safety measures leading to provable super spreader events.

Snatch squads are needed, rush in, remove anti maskers, give them a beating and put them in holding cells outside the arena.
Put nameplates on them and make an example for others in the future.
Put faces on the screen at next game and if seen without mask ever again give a lifetime ban…….

Or maybe that’s taking it a bit far????