NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

E.D.S.

It’s way to early to be calling players out like this. We beat an undercooked Panthers. We’re growing and developing too. I’ll wait a few months before negatively commenting on individuals. Yes, there’s a few I’m uncertain of but what are you judging them against? A few games against much better opposition, a few training sessions and unsettled lines. There’s more to come from all of them.
Although if there’s more to come from Waller then that’s a rather scary but exciting thought.

dave

Wallace seemed to head straight for the refs room after the game, wonder what his problem was?
No problem at all. There is no coaching room in the away changing room so the club have given visiting teams a room that side of the arena so he was heading back there.

davew

Masks - Kept mine on for the duration of the game along with my friend, who really enjoyed her first game I might add. Most people in blcok 10 adhered to the rules. First game in 4 years I haven't had a pint.....
Block 10 together with block 9 had many people who weren't wearing one - especially in the rows behind both benches. I'm in block 9. I felt better protected in Lausanne than I did last night at home - and as you know we didn't have to wear one in the arena while seated.

terry hunt

Very good performance. A few standout performances, Waller and Register being just 2.Very impressed Haywood. For a young lad, he skated with confidence and got stuck in. Hopefully we see more of him, our young players development is in excellent hands with Skalde.

McNally. Tell you what, if he was playing against us I'd probably hate him haha. He managed to wind a few of their guys up. He's fearless and brings energy.

Masks - Kept mine on for the duration of the game along with my friend, who really enjoyed her first game I might add. Most people in blcok 10 adhered to the rules. First game in 4 years I haven't had a pint.....
Are you in love Nathan?

BACK ONTO MASKS

I went to the game last night a lot of positives from the team performance, but it seems the devils have a disproportionate percentage of their fans who are mask exempt or people just simply don’t care.
Just zoom in on the Devils tweets last night to see how many people are not wearing masks!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I did not hear the organisation make any announcements, but that could be my old ears.
We all have a part to play, and agree with rules or not, an outbreak could draw unwanted attention to the Devils.
Personally, I may give it a few more games. But I can see me not going to games for the foreseeable due to not feeling safe.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #87
I did see stewards in period break by main bar asking people to wear masks in a crowded bar, also seen a guy was told to put a mask on in his seat by a steward, within 30 secs the mask was off. bit worried Drakeford will catch wind of this and maybe cut attendance to half especially flu season and winter to come..

Loads of positives from last nights performance. Apart from a couple of turnovers we didn’t really give Nottm much of a chance.
Now that’s out of the way.

After seeing a vast improvement at the last game the mask wear last night was as bad if not worse than the first game.
Again, there were literally hundreds not wearing masks and a very few of those were displaying lanyards with exemption certs.
It didn’t help that some stewards were wearing theirs around their chins and security at the door were letting in people who weren’t wearing them.
I was queuing to get in behind a group of 4 men in their 20’s, none of whom were wearing a mask and they we allowed inside at the door by a security guard who likewise wasn’t wearing a mask. I didn’t hear any announcements whilst inside the rink and I didn’t see any evidence of stewards or security challenging those breaking the rules.
There was a group of 6 in the row in front of me in block 5 and 4 of them didn’t wear a mask. The vast majority of the anti-maskers fell into the 18-30 category.
I certainly felt uneasy last night and it looks very much like the club can’t be bothered to insist people wear a mask.
I don’t think I’ll be back until the club take the health and welfare of the vast majority of the fans seriously,
If the club don’t stamp this out Drakeford will.

moggy#9

I did see stewards in period break by main bar asking people to wear masks in a crowded bar, also seen a guy was told to put a mask on in his seat by a steward, within 30 secs the mask was off. bit worried Drakeford will catch wind of this and maybe cut attendance to half especially flu season and winter to come..
The problem is that some people will see what they can get away with because they don't see any consequences. Visibly kick a few people out and I suspect there would be full compliance.

Swarley

I don’t think I’ll be back until the club take the health and welfare of the vast majority of the fans seriously.
I didn't go to last night's game but I'm honestly glad I couldn't go, since the arena has reopened these so called "fans" have taken the absolute piss out of the club by using loopholes in the rules they put out for our safety, the club either stamps it out soon or someone is going to complain to Drakeford and that will be the end of the season as he is looking for any reason for the arena to be shut down again.

yes there are people who genuinely can't wear a mask but the ones who just don't care are the same ones who cried about missing hockey all over twitter yet they go and do this to the club...

I really don't want our season to be cut short but unless the club have zero tolerance for the bs these people are pulling and actually eject them from the arena and issue them with a ban for X amount of games nothing is going to change.

Drastic yes, but either the club takes a stand or they let the "fans" ruin what they've managed to get going again.

Loads of positives from last nights performance. Apart from a couple of turnovers we didn’t really give Nottm much of a chance.
Now that’s out of the way.

After seeing a vast improvement at the last game the mask wear last night was as bad if not worse than the first game.
Again, there were literally hundreds not wearing masks and a very few of those were displaying lanyards with exemption certs.
It didn’t help that some stewards were wearing theirs around their chins and security at the door were letting in people who weren’t wearing them.
I was queuing to get in behind a group of 4 men in their 20’s, none of whom were wearing a mask and they we allowed inside at the door by a security guard who likewise wasn’t wearing a mask. I didn’t hear any announcements whilst inside the rink and I didn’t see any evidence of stewards or security challenging those breaking the rules.
There was a group of 6 in the row in front of me in block 5 and 4 of them didn’t wear a mask. The vast majority of the anti-maskers fell into the 18-30 category.
I certainly felt uneasy last night and it looks very much like the club can’t be bothered to insist people wear a mask.
I don’t think I’ll be back until the club take the health and welfare of the vast majority of the fans seriously,
If the club don’t stamp this out Drakeford will.
The scary thing is that some of the highest rates at the moment are in the 18-30 category. I feel there is a responsibility on the Devils organisation to get on top of this. And it’s just not happening. Looking forward, a lot of games are a Saturday night. Beer = revenue. Beer = non compliance. As said before, a few examples need to be set as people think they’ll just get away with it.

Pope#42

What a game of hockey - it certainly did not feel like a pre-season friendly. So many positives to take away from last night’s game and we really do have some talented players.

Just some mentions (although I could be here all day if I mentioned them all) - Waller is truly a joy to watch. Great skater, great puck handling and always gives 100%. He truly deserved his MOM last night. Harewood was also brilliant and I hope we get to see more from this guy. And THAT save from Kozun - wow. How great that we have two great goalies to choose from this season.

With regards to mask wearing - I was disappointed last night. I felt safe at the last CHL game as there truly was an effort to enforce safety regulations (stewards going up and down during the power breaks was brilliant) and it seemed the majority abided by the rules that night. However, that effort seems to have been short lived. Saturday nights were always going to be a test but I think we failed that test last night. So, so many who simply do not wear one and I may have a lot disagree with me on this but people really seem to be using the drinking exception to the extreme. When I have a drink I simply lower my mask, take a sip and put it back on. It’s really not that hard. So many people have a pint for the duration and think that means they don’t have to wear a mask.

I even saw a steward wearing their mask around their neck and in that case I simply cannot understand how that steward can enforce the rules when they themselves are not abiding by them. They should be setting an example. It makes a mockery of the protocol that is in place to protect us and the team we love.

I know that some people are getting fed up of the mask talk but it comes from the heart - we have all gone without hockey for so long and now we finally have it back, we would like to keep it for as long as possible! I really do hope we see some improvements next weekend.

Last edited:

moggy#9

I didn't go to last night's game but I'm honestly glad I couldn't go, since the arena has reopened these so called "fans" have taken the absolute piss out of the club by using loopholes in the rules they put out for our safety, the club either stamps it out soon or someone is going to complain to Drakeford and that will be the end of the season as he is looking for any reason for the arena to be shut down again.

yes there are people who genuinely can't wear a mask but the ones who just don't care are the same ones who cried about missing hockey all over twitter yet they go and do this to the club...

I really don't want our season to be cut short but unless the club have zero tolerance for the bs these people are pulling and actually eject them from the arena and issue them with a ban for X amount of games nothing is going to change.

Drastic yes, but either the club takes a stand or they let the "fans" ruin what they've managed to get going again.
This. So much this.

Mazzoak

Good result, too early to call competition. Dupont, well there’s more to hockey than running around like a jack rabbit all night, l don’t think it’s a fitness issue, for me he‘s holding back and watching as part of his role.

Wannabe2

Really good game last night, and this team are going to be a pure joy to watch so lush to see a very good crowd last night, and it’s certainly the best ticket in town and the atmosphere was electric. Now for the bummer this is directed at the people who couldn’t give a jot about the club, and couldn’t give a toss about other peoples safety, you have to wear a mask unless excempt, it may have taken 18 months to re-open, but it will take 5 mins to close it down. As have already been stated the Lausanne game was properly organised with announcements about having to wear a mask, it was displayed on the clock, and it worked last night was a real let down, when people who are really close to this club say they don’t feel safe about their second home that’s not good. We tell people to keep your eyes on the puck at all times, as it can be a dangerous missile, but we don’t make a announcment about a very dangerous invisible missile that can have lethal consequences. This is a very serious topic we have owners and Managment who care hugely about this club, we have fans who are second to none who care massively about this club, and both these groups care massively about each other, unfortunately when people see others not wearing a mask, the sheep syndrome kicks in and others follow suit and don’t bother. People only comment on this as they care, they care about themselves and they care about each other, together we can make this work but it has to be together, hopefully peoples views will strike a cord with others.

Swarley

Really good game last night, and this team are going to be a pure joy to watch so lush to see a very good crowd last night, and it’s certainly the best ticket in town and the atmosphere was electric. Now for the bummer this is directed at the people who couldn’t give a jot about the club, and couldn’t give a toss about other peoples safety, you have to wear a mask unless excempt, it may have taken 18 months to re-open, but it will take 5 mins to close it down. As have already been stated the Lausanne game was properly organised with announcements about having to wear a mask, it was displayed on the clock, and it worked last night was a real let down, when people who are really close to this club say they don’t feel safe about their second home that’s not good. We tell people to keep your eyes on the puck at all times, as it can be a dangerous missile, but we don’t make a announcment about a very dangerous invisible missile that can have lethal consequences. This is a very serious topic we have owners and Managment who care hugely about this club, we have fans who are second to none who care massively about this club, and both these groups care massively about each other, unfortunately when people see others not wearing a mask, the sheep syndrome kicks in and others follow suit and don’t bother. People only comment on this as they care, they care about themselves and they care about each other, together we can make this work but it has to be together, hopefully peoples views will strike a cord with others.
You nailed it perfectly with your post bud.

Honestly I will be shocked if the club isn't forced to shut its doors due to people just not caring about the mask rule, the pint in the hand loophole is the biggest issue as I've been told by a few security staff at the arena that people are buying a pint then cradling it all game so they don't have to wear a mask.

moggy#9

You nailed it perfectly with your post bud.

Honestly I will be shocked if the club isn't forced to shut its doors due to people just not caring about the mask rule, the pint in the hand loophole is the biggest issue as I've been told by a few security staff at the arena that people are buying a pint then cradling it all game so they don't have to wear a mask.
Any time people are asked to use their common sense we're going to have a problem. I certainly hope that Todd will be reading the riot act to certain people who work match nights based on some of the anecdotes described on this forum.

Swarley

Any time people are asked to use their common sense we're going to have a problem. I certainly hope that Todd will be reading the riot act to certain people who work match nights based on some of the anecdotes described on this forum.
I love the club, I appreciate all that Todd and the others have done for the club but I really do think they need to take a proper look at just how many "fans" are taking the piss out of the club by using the loophole, I really hope they read these posts and see that it's not just one person who is concerned about the ignorance of others it's becoming a larger concern for people who genuinely want hockey to happen in a safe environment. And right now the arena just doesn't look safe with the beer loophole being used constantly.

Earnie

Couldn’t even get a beer last night! Was it two staff at the bar?At the end of the day it is the moron element of fans who are to blame. You know who you are. Move your mask, have a drink, put your mask back on. simple! The club can not control how an individual drinks his beer.
However I agree with others that stewards must try harder to encourage mask wearing and of course set the example themselves.