NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

Devil94

Bayley Harewood icing tomorrow.

Some combinations I would like to see tomorrow,
McNally - Dixon - Reid
Cox - Davies - Sanford
Dupont - Lammon - Crandall

The extra speed of Davies alongside Cox and Sanford would defo make this the quickest line in the league. Lammon playing between the more experienced and steady Dupont and Crandall might kick start all their seasons after a quiet CHL campaign for all 3. And putting a point scorer like Reid on with Dixon and McNally will create a lot of chances and be pretty gritty too.

Last edited:

Devil94

A mystery solved, he was in the pre season team photos but I couldn't work out who he was. Good to see we have some 2 way signings, look forward to seeing him play.

kingmo19.1

Looks a good young lad, wish him all the best and hopefully see a lot more of him, homegrown can’t fault it.
Bayley is a cracking player, you’ve got an absolute gem there. Played with my lad in Canada a few years back.

In his Bantam year he smashed it and ended up top scorer by a mile - his line mates (who he put in the shade) went on to comit to NCAA teams. Enjoy!

moggy#9

It is starting to look like a key part of the skalde ethos is going to be lots of faith in youth with high talent levels. We've seen it with Waller, and now we seem to have another. Given what duggan has done previously, and the faith shown in him by giving him an "A", the future looks very bright.

moggy#9

Well, the devils looked smooth in that first period. Waller is again looking excellent. I think he's really going to be knocking on the door for a GB senior call up this season. The extra couple of weeks that the devils have been together seems to really show.

moggy#9

This game is showing why the club brought Ben Davies back. He's been incredibly tenacious. You'd never pick harewood out as a rookie. He looks so assured and confident. Kozun looks solid. He made that 2 on 0 save look like it was nothing.

I'm quite surprised at, for a preseason game, how chippy the two teams are with each other. Particularly given how many new players there are on both sides.

jenks33

Comfortable in the end but both teams will take positives from the match. Obviously we’re a few weeks ahead of Nottingham with the CHL games under our belt so it was always going to be tough for them.
Early days but it’s been a positive enough start. The goalies, Mikkelson, Register, Sanford, Cox, Mcnally have all had promising starts. Hopefully we’ll see a bit more from Dupont, Crandall, Reid and Lammon in the coming weeks. After all we’re going to be relying on those first three names to put up big numbers this season.

Hedd Wyn John

Nottingham had their moments but with a few CHL games under their belt you could see the Devils once they'd got into gear had that edge in quality over Nottingham. Give the Panthers a few games together and I'm sure we'll see what they're truly capable of.

mjh

Waller was so good tonight. Fast becoming my new favourite player. So composed and hard working. Great to have 5 different scorers tonight. I really thought Harewood was excellent too. Good game but Nottingham tired by the third.

august04 2.0

Comfortable in the end but both teams will take positives from the match. Obviously we’re a few weeks ahead of Nottingham with the CHL games under our belt so it was always going to be tough for them.
Early days but it’s been a positive enough start. The goalies, Mikkelson, Register, Sanford, Cox, Mcnally have all had promising starts. Hopefully we’ll see a bit more from Dupont, Crandall, Reid and Lammon in the coming weeks. After all we’re going to be relying on those first three names to put up big numbers this season.
I’m particularly interested in Dupont in the coming weeks, still not sure what he brings and his fitness looks very suspect to me. I’ve seen enough from most of the rest of this team to think we'll be just fine this year and entertained by a fast, physical style of play. I liked the Reid, Dixon, Waller line in particular tonight.