Nottingham player 3 game ban

Earnie

Re: Nottingham player 3 game ban

I may as well start it - after reading the account surely a minimum of FIVE?
( ah - it is Nottingham after all!)

Astounded at 3 games! Was going to create this thread when I just saw the footage on Twitter.
Just imagine it was a Devils player! Deeds would've been placed in stocks! Really seems if you have money (and the best/cup/playoff arena) you'll get away with things.

Paul Sullivan

For slashing Dagenais on the back of the legs (on the pads) and then punching him (when he had turned around), Brad got 24 games.

24 games.

12 were suspended but still. I would be keen to see the reasoning behind this one.

Wagstaff

Totally agree with all of the above, but did anyone else notice the speed that ferguson went from dying man to attack?

Hard to believe that only a week earlier a steelers player was attacking a fan yet nothing was done. Yet when a steelers player gets slashed like this, they are calling for lengthy bans. The headline in the sheffield star said it all , yet there players behaving like thugs was swept under the carpet. What goes around comes around IMO. Under normal circumstances I would call for a longer ban, but considering a sheffield player assaulted a hull fan and went unpunished, I think it's appropriate

Wagstaff said:
Totally agree with all of the above, but did anyone else notice the speed that ferguson went from dying man to attack?
I too agree with the comments re the slash, but have to admit Ferguson looks like he made a right meal of that incident. I'm with Wagstaff on this one, it looked like he'd been hit by a truck rather than a hockey stick across his armour protected chest, and then after writhing around on the floor like a football player amazingly got up and went to have a go at the guy.

No room for cheap shots like that in the game, but likewise no room for embellishment and play acting either.

Gazza272

Oldgoalie80 said:
Wagstaff said:
I too agree with the comments re the slash, but have to admit Ferguson looks like he made a right meal of that incident. I'm with Wagstaff on this one, it looked like he'd been hit by a truck rather than a hockey stick across his armour protected chest, and then after writhing around on the floor like a football player amazingly got up and went to have a go at the guy.

No room for cheap shots like that in the game, but likewise no room for embellishment and play acting either.

It looks like Ferguson has broken his ribs.

I cannot see any justification for anything other than totally condeming this sort of stick work. It could have been a lot lot worse. I look at this incident as if the players had no jerseys on and were playing a scrimmage in pre season.

Disgusting act.

Wagstaff

Gazza272 said:
Oldgoalie80 said:
Wagstaff said:

It looks like Ferguson has broken his ribs.

I cannot see any justification for anything other than totally condeming this sort of stick work. It could have been a lot lot worse. I look at this incident as if the players had no jerseys on and were playing a scrimmage in pre season.

Disgusting act.
My post doesn't disagree with you or any of the above, and I sincerely hope there is no serious injury, and think the 3 match is not enough, but still think he got up pretty quick, having read details elsewhere apparently he went down again shortly after, but did ice later in the game?!

kettdevil1

That is actually shocking. Ferguson was clearly not expecting it and it was a cowardly attack. I would never criticise a player for dropping gloves and settling things that way but using the stick is totally out of order.

I would throw the book at him - 3 games is a joke. Think about Franny's ban and compare and contrast.

He apparently collapsed again when trying to get back up to go to Wilson. Even if Ferguson was milking it a little bit, Wilson's actions were intentional and out of game play. 3 games is nothing for that incident. The rest of the team(Panthers) are probably feeling relived that's all he got and that he's incredibly lucky to get away with such a horrid thing to do

helloimclaire said:
He apparently collapsed again when trying to get back up to go to Wilson. Even if Ferguson was milking it a little bit, Wilson's actions were intentional and out of game play. 3 games is nothing for that incident. The rest of the team(Panthers) are probably feeling relived that's all he got and that he's incredibly lucky to get away with such a horrid thing to do
Correct. Ferguson was down on the ice for 4 or 5 seconds in agony, then the adrenalin kicked in and he wanted revenge. As soon as the lino grabbed his shirt and stopped him from punching Wilson, he could barely put one foot in front of the other to skate back to the bench. I'm actually glad Staniforth got hold of him because if he'd scrapped and landed on those ribs with Wilson on top of him, we'd have been looking at an extremely serious injury.......

Now, if anyone has bruised or broken their ribs, they know just how painful it is. Christ, I couldn't sleep or laugh for two weeks, nevermind come out 20 minutes later and take a couple of hits from 15 stone men! At one point Lepine landed on top of him. I'd rather break my leg and be in a cast for 6 weeks....that's how bad it is!

NO WAY ON EARTH HE WAS MILKING THAT. For all those questioning Ferguson (on 'various' forums), I'd be intrigued how you'd react if you were whacked by a huge piece of wood when you're not expecting it...

As for Wilson -that's the single biggest act of cowardice I've seen since Paul Beraldo was taken out by Corey Spring of the Manchester Storm. 3 games is an absolute joke. Chris Frank - go and no choice the animal next time.

KaneDevils

I'm not sure what I'm most shocked about? The incident or the "punishment". Nothing the league decides is a suprise to me however so we'll go with the incident.
Totally disgusting in a word, well two words. As has been said re: Voth, he'd probably have been deported if it were him. 3 games is just a joke.

In regards to the reaction of Ferguson, I think Holl_5 is right when she(?) says "when the adrenaline kicked in". I think if that was me, after the initial pain and shock, I would of wanted to hunt him down and ram his helmet up his ........

But yeah, 3 games?? Come on. But, all teams are treated the same, equal rights and all that :roll:

*ps: Wether or not Ferguson was play acting (which I doubt very, very, much is surely totally irrelevant :!: *

I don't believe he was milking it, seeing the slow motion clip was enough to make me feel sick. I've had a tiny tattoo done on the side of my ribs and that was bad enough never mind a full forced whack across the chest like that. Respect for him to carry on playing and taking the hits for the rest of the game.
Surprised no one would back him up though, would have thought Frank would have tried to seek revenge for him somehow.

Someone tweeted that a cheap shot after a massive turnover from a 1993 game(I think) had a 21 game ban and that didn't look half as bad as this incident. What the league were thinking when they looked over this is beyond me.

Chris

Administrator

Ah, so another disciplinary decision pulled out of their arse.

Don't suppose anyone has a list of the bans handed out so far this season?

helloimclaire said:
Wilson's actions were intentional and out of game play. 3 games is nothing for that incident. The rest of the team(Panthers) are probably feeling relived that's all he got and that he's incredibly lucky to get away with such a horrid thing to do
I don't think this is a case of being incredibly lucky. It is little short of corruption. Both League and Disciplinary Committee continue to be a disgrace and so obviously prejudiced and biased, considering previous bans on Cardiff players and the lack of bans on Sheffield and Nottingham players in particular.