Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - 29/01/20 - CC Semi-Final 2

Heart was in the pit of my stomach most of that game: another final missed in our own barn I thought. But what a tremendous turn-around by the boys.

It would do my blood pressure a world of good if I could be like some of the nostradamuses on here and never lose faith in the team (but mysteriously only tell everyone once the result is in).

Slartibartfast

Yes credit where credit is due to the team in P3, particularly to Bowns (who's had some stick lately) but we had no right to win that game. panthers will absolutely be kicking themselves for that collapse. We got out of jail big time on that one. We need to learn from it. Belfast are gonna be tough as nails on the weekend and in the CC final beating Sheffield is gonna need a big step up in performance. Just imagine what we could do jf we played 60 mins of hockey.
Yes Bownsy played a huge part in that. Left exposed so may times only to come up with a huge save. Special mention for Joey Haddad and Marjamaki though who did not stop their relentless forechecking all game

Gough60

Have to say, some of the posts on this thread (page 1-4) didn't give us hope of reaching the final.
It aint over till its over. 2 goal lead is the hardest to hold on too. All appropriate to tonight's game.

Perhaps we will do a Steelers and score 3 in the last 2 mins.
Didnt say we would do a squealers wanabe2, more a wishfull thinking "perhaps".

Great 3rd period where i thought panthers looked spent while we were quicker and made less mistakes. Standout performances from
Ben, Masi & both Joeys.
As I said in a previous thread.......... Will be interesting to hear the "I cant get a ticket for the final" moaning that is going to follow.
WELL DONE DEVILS.......Players & Management

Gazza272

Mentally, that was a huge win for the guys. 10 minutes away from falling at a major hurdle, but the guys we have just don't give up and step up where it counts. Bowns has at times this year look like he's been battling a few pucks, but without him we would have been easily 5-1 down and very much out. But he did his part, and then Haddad and Martin and Masi followed big.

I hope this winning feeling is a further catalyst and this team starts believing in itself even more, we have so much talent in it.

I also thought we did so well mentally not to let desicions against us affect our mentality, there were so many soft calls against and things not called on us, and it would have been easy to blame that and let our frustration show, but we stuck to the task and saw it through.

Samael

Awesome result. The team never gave up and delivered. When we were 2-0 down l thought that's it we are done but yet again l was wrong. What a way to silence the doubters and l hope this is the foundation of a solid February and March where the team go on a run and teams fear us again. Well done Devils.

matbur

Without wishing to state the obvious, we're on a really solid run right now. This is exactly the sort of buy-in and performance levels we're going to need from the team if we're to topple Sheffield in the league. It's all about sustaining this now.

Gough60

So tickets for final...........
1st issue..... ST who went to the semi final (1 per person)
2nd issue....ST holders (1 per person)
3rd issue......Anybody (1 per person)

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT NOT A DEMAND

Diafol

When we played Sheffield in the final in 2017, STH and sponsors had their tickets guaranteed - you just weren't guaranteed your usual seat due to the arena being split 50-50.

I would imagine the same applies this year - let's wait and see.

E.D.S.

Without wishing to state the obvious, we're on a really solid run right now. This is exactly the sort of buy-in and performance levels we're going to need from the team if we're to topple Sheffield in the league. It's all about sustaining this now.
I don't know about this or about "silencing the doubters" (not your quote I know). This was nottingham. They threw it away. We play like this against Sheffield and they will be too far out in front to be able to catch them with the kind of come back we did against Nottingham. The never say die attitude, I agree, is definitely something we need but my own opinion is that this wasn't a brilliant performance that pushes you towards winning the league. There is so much to improve on but winning is a habit and long may it continue.

Kevlar68

For fairness I think that devil's alloted tickets should be first come first serve on half the tickets for season ticket holders only then the other half of seats first come first served general sale.

James

Administrator
Can anyone remember how they sold the cc final tickets in 2018 against giants?
Maybe just do that again as wasn't a problem that year.
I think that was because Giants were never going to travel in enough numbers to sell half the arena. We got to sit in our usual seats I think. Sheffield will fill almost half the arena (they will moan they don't get enough tickets, then not sell their allocation again, that much is sure) so I doubt season ticket holders will get to keep their seats this time.