Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - 29/01/20 - CC Semi-Final 2

Hedd Wyn John

Playing the 2nd leg away in a competition, especially the final stages, is always brutal when the team doesn't go there with a lead.

Didn't Panthers offer their fans reduced ticket prices to fill the arena. A large crowd will always help the home team.

Devils have struggled in the Challenge Cup for the last two seasons. Why is that?
In short we fell asleep in P2 during the home leg and gifted 3 goals to the panthers. We know the Panthers play well at home, so anything short of a barnstorming performance is a must in Nottingham. Panthers are up for this tonight.

moggy#9

Unforced errors after unforced errors, stupid penalties combined with aweful passing. We are making a okay team look like world beaters, too many passengers in this team, we could be playing 2 lines and not do any worse, and still we continue to give the puck away. Not being funny here and it pains me to say this but in my eyes we are playing lousy, even the commentators are saying how hard we are finding it to make passes. Play like this against Belfast and forget it.
No excuse for not being able to string passes together at this point in the season.

Devilsatw

Unforced errors after unforced errors, stupid penalties combined with aweful passing. We are making a okay team look like world beaters, too many passengers in this team, we could be playing 2 lines and not do any worse, and still we continue to give the puck away. Not being funny here and it pains me to say this but in my eyes we are playing lousy, even the commentators are saying how hard we are finding it to make passes. Play like this against Belfast and forget it.
Too many passengers for mths now! But it's ok they will come good lol!
Only 2Mths left in the season we have to be patient lol. Shocking

Wannabe2

People have been saying we have been spoilt, and that’s very true, but by god we are paying for it tonight, its now either a amazing 3rd period or a money saver for the final.

Hedd Wyn John

If the Devils don't improve its gonna be a tough weekend. Whatever happens I think Steelers are in a strong position for both the League and challenge Cup. Let's hope they don't get a clean sweep

Justtw

Lmao, I am so glad I didn't invest in travelling to watch this. I hope we do a total rehaul of the team next year otherwise we'll be stringing along the same lazy players season after season.

Justtw

If the Devils don't improve its gonna be a tough weekend. Whatever happens I think Steelers are in a strong position for both the League and challenge Cup. Let's hope they don't get a clean sweep
They actually deserve it, they've played consistently better than everyone this season because they actually sacked players, brought in fresh blood and formed a solid team.

moggy#9

It's disappointing as the cup is the backup for into European competition. I certainly don't see us making it through the primary route.

Kevin roog

If steelers gets a 11 point lead after this weekend. I think it’s over. They got 12 left then , I think only us or Belfast in Belfast will beat them. And they have played their 3 games in Belfast already

Hedd Wyn John

They actually deserve it, they've played consistently better than everyone this season because they actually sacked players, brought in fresh blood and formed a solid team.
Well their goal scoring stats speaks for itself. Ultimately hockey is about scoring more than the other team and whenever I watch the Steelers they always play like they've got plenty more goals in the bag. On the other hand we really struggle at times even during periods of dominance.

Wannabe2

Steelers will deserve everything they win this year they are the only consistent team in the league, having no passengers obviously helps, having a team that plays for 60 mins obviously helps, playing with pride obviously help, and giving everything they got obviously helps.

Hedd Wyn John

If steelers gets a 11 point lead after this weekend. I think it’s over. They got 12 left then , I think only us or Belfast in Belfast will beat them. And they have played their 3 games in Belfast already
Call me Mr negative but the league is pretty much over. Steelers are performing way better than any rivals, so unless their performance tanks or they go down with corona virus I can't see there's a team with the consistency to out point them.