NHL TV

Pondlife

It looks like it works. Allowing me to watch Panthers - Bruins no probs. Although, if you're watching the game afterwards rather than live, it does show you the final score in the ribbon along the top before it starts streaming.

Just click watch, then close your eyes until you hear it start :)

If, theoretically, a friend....was going to find a way around the NHL.tv Blackouts (Thanks Premier Sports, I don't even pay for you and still you f*ck me over) - How would...my friend...best go about this?

He...has told me VPN's don't work for him on his iPhone... (He mainly watches games on his phone).

Pondlife

If, theoretically, a friend....was going to find a way around the NHL.tv Blackouts (Thanks Premier Sports, I don't even pay for you and still you f*ck me over) - How would...my friend...best go about this?

He...has told me VPN's don't work for him on his iPhone... (He mainly watches games on his phone).
I haven't tried this myself but as far as I know blackouts are geographical therefore if you were to be located physically (or virtually ;) ) in a place where there is no agreed distributor (ie Premier) you would be able to watch.

There are ways to make the outside world think you are located somewhere you're not. The Opera browser includes functionality to do just that via its built in VPN

Hopefully this will work for your... erm... friend

Edit: Sorry, missed the bit about VPNs on the phone. Nothing to see here, move along now.
Edit2: ipvanish works on my phone but it's a paid service.

Kal

Cyberghost is another good VPN service the free version i've had limited luck with on my iPad but on the PC its been no problem at all. It also doesn't limit your usage once your on like alot of free services.

He just called me and told me to go on the inferno and thank Pondlife.

I think he's just going to have to use his laptop in future. He's hoping to watch Bruins/Avalanche tomorrow as it's on at a reasonable time. He's planning to 'Be' in Zimbabwe tomorrow which I don't think is a big hockey market.

Temme

It looks like it works. Allowing me to watch Panthers - Bruins no probs. Although, if you're watching the game afterwards rather than live, it does show you the final score in the ribbon along the top before it starts streaming.

Just click watch, then close your eyes until you hear it start :)
There's an option to disable this in the settings so that no scores are shown :)

Click "More" --> Top right corner click "Settings" --> Hide Scores *Tick*