NHL TV.....issues

Thread starter #1
Any of you guys had issues with the new NHL tv?
Bought it today for the rest of the season , and it wont work. Every time I attempt to watch a game, it asked me to log in or said I didn't have an account :/

anyone get anything similar?

Lee92 said:
Any of you guys had issues with the new NHL tv?
Bought it today for the rest of the season , and it wont work. Every time I attempt to watch a game, it asked me to log in or said I didn't have an account :/

anyone get anything similar?
What device you trying to watch it on Lee?

It should ask you to log in once, but then keep you logged in.

I watch it on multiple devices, Xbox, iPhone, Mac and haven't had a problem.

Diafol

Just a quick heads up...

Since the changeover to NHL TV it appears that they are now doing a "Free Game of the Day".
You don't need to be a subscriber but you do need a (free) NHL account to sign in.

Register here:

https://account.nhl.com/ui/pub/CreateProfile?lang=en

As far as issues are concerned, the only one I had was watching through Kodi, which gives me the best picture quality - this now seems to have been dealt with.

Kal

KaneDevils said:
Would you say nhl.tv is a better option than premier sports?
100% yes. It's annoying when Premier Sports are showing a game as NHL.tv wont let you watch it for 24 hours (You can use VPN's to get around it tho). Then there is the fact NHL.tv will let you watch games on demand, really good if the games you wanna watch are being played on the west coast and you can't stay up all night.

KaneDevils

You can watch on demand with premier sports which is vital for me as I'm an early to bed and early riser. Do nhl.tv have all games on demand? I follow njd simply because of the devils connection, and would ideally like to watch all their games on demand.

Diafol

Yes, you can watch all games on demand.
If they've been shown on Premier there's a blackout period of 72 hours (I think) but as mentioned, there are ways to get around this.

I'm a NJD fan too, so I'll be watching last night's game against the Flyers this evening (you can also choose between home and away broadcasts).

KaneDevils

On premier you can only watch what was shown live previously, on demand so only get to watch the odd njd games. I watched Mondays home game with the kings, and that was the first in a while. If I can watch every devils game through the on demand feature, then it's a no brainer.

Thanks for advice n stuff.

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
On premier you can only watch what was shown live previously, on demand so only get to watch the odd njd games. I watched Mondays home game with the kings, and that was the first in a while. If I can watch every devils game through the on demand feature, then it's a no brainer.

Thanks for advice n stuff.
Can you get the app to watch on ps4? I seem to recall with GCL the app wasn't available here in the UK.

Diafol

I'm assuming it's the same situation as the PS3 where you have to register using a US address to download it from the US store.

It's not officially available in the UK.

Thread starter #14
I bought it on their website, their customer service is by far the worst I have ever come across.
Thankfully a mate has let me use his account, but there is no chance of me getting it next year.

my account basically wont work on any platform

Ah well, screw the NHLtv!

matbur

Interesting to see this thread here as most discussions I've seen have been on North American sites.

I subscribed to the now-defunct HockeyStreams. The big problem I have is that to have a comprehensive service, you need to subscribe to Premier Sports AND NHL TV.

I've been contemplating taking it further as it just seems very unfair on the consumer. They really need to do away with these ridiculous blackouts.

matbur said:
Interesting to see this thread here as most discussions I've seen have been on North American sites.

I subscribed to the now-defunct HockeyStreams. The big problem I have is that to have a comprehensive service, you need to subscribe to Premier Sports AND NHL TV.

I've been contemplating taking it further as it just seems very unfair on the consumer. They really need to do away with these ridiculous blackouts.
You're probably aware of this but just in case you're not, hockeystreams has been resurrected as usemytv.com