NHL Tickets

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Afternoon all.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

The wife and I are heading to New York for a week in February. We'd love to catch a Rangers game while we're there. Just wondering if anyone could tell us the best place to get tickets from.

Cheers
Gaz

Last edited:

Ocko

Stubhub is useful if you are booking last minute, often can be cheaper than face value. Be warned, Rangers are an expensive team to watch.

trapped

If you search through the club, there is usually a ticket exchange if there are no direct tickets left. They can definitely be cheaper that way too. That said, I agree with Ocko, Rangers aren't cheap. You can watch the Devils or Islanders for much less (and the Islanders were a damn site better last year too). Worth going to MSG at least once though. Have fun and wear your Devils jersey, always a good talking point!

Wannabe2

The Concierge at most hotels can get tickets for the Rangers, we have done both that, and also bought them at the Gardens. It’s a trip well worth making the Gardens is a awesome place to see, they also do tours which are pretty neat. Have a blast the City is so cool they named it twice.

Wannabe2

You can also get a train at Penn Street station to New Jersey, it takes about 15 mins and the Arena is only a short walk, I would do both if I was you, fixtures permitting of course.

Ger-Devils

If you use Stubhub, make sure you go for Electric tickets as they’re downloadable as soon as you pay.

We used it a few years ago for a few games between MSG, Barclays and Prudential.

Gaz G

Thread starter #7
Awesome thanks guys. Any tips and info about what to do or not do are all appreciated.

Never been so want to do as much as we can. Only there for a week so will probably only watch one game. Will have to choose wisely.

As previously said above, seeing the Rangers at the MSG is very expensive but worthwhile. I've used Ticketmaster and StubHub previously as most of the tickets are re-sale. If you have time, go and see the Devils - far cheaper and their arena is amazing, take the train from New York Penn to New Jersey Penn and then it's a 5min walk. The MSG has great history and the tour is also a good trip.

Be careful with the cost of food and drink in the arena's, both are very expensive especially alcohol

Wannabe2

One priority is Central Park, it’s stunning and a beautiful park, Grand Central is pretty neat, so many great films like the untouchables from there. You will love it, would go there every winter if I could afford it.

Ger-Devils

As previously said above, seeing the Rangers at the MSG is very expensive but worthwhile. I've used Ticketmaster and StubHub previously as most of the tickets are re-sale. If you have time, go and see the Devils - far cheaper and their arena is amazing, take the train from New York Penn to New Jersey Penn and then it's a 5min walk. The MSG has great history and the tour is also a good trip.

Be careful with the cost of food and drink in the arena's, both are very expensive especially alcohol
I think it was about $12 a beer at MSG and it was poor

Sorry to Jump on the tread but we looking to take in a Leafs game in December, any suggestions on where to source tickets? is it still stub hub? would echo all thats been said about rangers, MSG is amazing we were blown away by the noise when they scored.

Wannabe2

Leafs tickets are pretty difficult to get in my experience, and pretty expensive but you can’t go to Toronto and not see them. Have a word with Corky who owns the Devils shop, he is a expert on the leafs, and has a place out there. He is a good guy and will help you, it’s a amazing place to watch hockey.

pjj365

Awesome thanks guys. Any tips and info about what to do or not do are all appreciated.

Never been so want to do as much as we can. Only there for a week so will probably only watch one game. Will have to choose wisely.
My three favourites in NY were:

Sitting on a pavement cafe at a cross roads first thing in the morning watching the traffic cops
A bus tour from Times Square - to include Ground Zero
A night time cruise on the Hudson - we splashed the cash and did a dinner cruise - superb

Otherwise we walked a lot - particularly in Hell's Kitchen, went to the theater - Broadway tickets at reasonable prices in Time Square and did very few of the tourist sites

Enjoy - it's great

Ocko

I’ve just come back from a hockey tour to the east coast. The best thing I did was go up the new WTC. Best view across the city by far. The bar and restaurant are also very good.

kettdevil1

Hmmm so many options, I would agree with most out here and would add:

The 9/11 memorial is very moving and the museum is a great tribute (until you reach the gift shop which is completely out of keeping)
The flatiron building is unique and there is a great barbecue place opposite as well
The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are impressive (although there will be a sizeable queue and Ellis Island is also a little.... biased towards US history...)
Cheesecake
Brooklyn Lager
The United Nations is fascinating and of you can get a tour, well worth doing
A sports bar in the evening with NHL hockey on the screens and a Brooklyn to hand is a pretty decent way of spending time in New York
The Metropolitan Museum is superb

And ont he negative side.... the subway is hideous, by far the worst I have been on, slow, dirty and with few redeeming features (other than Grand Central)

Enjoy!

matbur

Best city I've ever been too. So much to do, so many great places. All of the above are sound recommendations, it helps if you have a good budget because it's an expensive place but worth it. Make time to check out Brooklyn, it's such a big place plus the Islanders are there, who are a way better team than the Rangers. Manhattan in itself is just amazing let alone the wider area.

I'd go every year if I was able to, it's an amazing place.

One priority is Central Park, it’s stunning and a beautiful park, Grand Central is pretty neat, so many great films like the untouchables from there. You will love it, would go there every winter if I could afford it.
The Untouchables (if you mean the scene where they capture the bookkeeper on the stairway), was filmed in Union Station, Chicago. :)