NHL players - If you had your choice

Thread starter #1
Ok, we have had Weller from the NHL and various other teams have boasted ex-NHL players and I have heard that at least one of the Bruins said that they wouldnt mind ending their careers over here (not Chara unfortunately!) but if you had your choice, which NHL player, current or past would you like to see playing over here?

Personally, I have a long list of them but one stand out person would be Alex Ovechkin. Obviously he would probably smash any records that we currently hold over here but after watching him on ESPN, I would love to pair him with Pelle and see what they could do together! :D

Over to you! :D

steve

Any starting NHL netminder would do. They'd more or less win the league by themselves!

i like the topic idea, but i'm going to move it over to general chat if thats ok

Rempel16

Vinny Lecavalier for me!!!

Not the most active/interested of players when the opposition has the puck, but so explosive when he's in possession.

Lecavalier and St Louis are one of the more underrated partnerships in the modern era imo, although St Louis plays with Stamkos these days.

Much like Ovechkin, Lecavalier can score, hit, fight, make a killer pass...

He's almost certainly going to drop out of the top 50 NHL players list next season (for the first time in his career) but still a phenomenal player.

Check out the Lecavalier top 10 on YouTube to see just what he's capable of.

It's definitely a highlight reel that most would envy.

wildthing74

Pavel Bure 15 years ago.He would have gone 1 end of the ten to the other in about 0.5 seconds!By far the most gifted player I ever saw live.

voth26

mark messier or jagr or datsuk (think thats how you spell his name) lets be honest the list is endless :lol: :lol:

A say the list is endless!!!!!!!but here we go

NM-ROY
D-BOURQUE
D-CHELIOS
RW-BURE
LW-KURRI
C-GRETZKY

current crop of players

NM-LUONGO
D-LIDSTROM
D-WEBER
RW-PERRY
LW-OVECHKIN
C-CROSBY

wildthing74

Even better to get a whole line,like your thinking!
Oldies
NM Roy
D Coffey
D Bourque
F Bure
F Yzerman
F Sakic

current guys
NM Osgood
D Lidstrom
D Keith
F Datsyuk
F Crosby
F Skinner

If I Could Have A Whole Line:

NM Past: P.Roy
DMan Past: B.Orr
DMan Past: P.Coffey
Fwd Past: W.Gretzky
Fwd Past: M.Lemieux
Fwd Past: S.Yzerman

NM Current: T.Thomas
DMan Current: C.Letang
DMan Current: B.Seabrook
Fwd Current: P.Datsyuk
Fwd Current: S.Crosby
Fwd Current: D.Brown

TheStub

NM - I'd love to Marty in a different Devils jersey ;)

FW - Parise. The guy works hard both ends of the ice.

FW - Zajac. Ditto Parise. Wins faceoffs, and gets a ton of assists.

D - Shea Webber. The guy is to the NHL what Weller was to the EIHL. Hits like a train, has a slap shot that breaks people.

D - Paul Martin. Play making, puck moving D that takes care of both ends. Tyson on speed :D

Thread starter #15
Another player I'd love to see over here maybe just to end his career (and hopefully not a bad way!) is the Finnish Flash. aka Teemu Selanne. I know he hasn't had the most prominent season but there aint a lot of guys who are still going strong at 40 and lets face it, he's on the same team as Corey Perry!!! :D

Netminder wise, I'm going for a rookie. Al Montoya from the Islanders has been outstanding! I know they haven't won that many recently but he has done fantastically for a rookie coming in halfway through the season to cover for all the injured goalies at the Islanders! Definately one to watch for the future! :D

TheStub

ChristianDevil said:
Netminder wise, I'm going for a rookie. Al Montoya from the Islanders has been outstanding! I know they haven't won that many recently but he has done fantastically for a rookie coming in halfway through the season to cover for all the injured goalies at the Islanders! Definately one to watch for the future! :D
The Islanders would probably trade him to us.

Any decent talent, they trade them away for virtually no return. I really feel sorry for their fans - they seem intent on not developing that team at all.

Too many to choose from but a few standouts for me:

Vincent Lacavalier from Tampa Bay Lightening on his day awsome.

The Sedins

NM - Roberto Luongo could finally be his year???

Past player when I first started watching ice hockey Scott Stevens of New Jersey. No nonsense tough guy.

kettdevil1

As has been mentioned, any NM would be fantastic - my preference would be Tim Thomas as he is entertaining as well as a good NM.

Elsewhere you have to go with someone who will come over with the right attitude and the right approach to the British game. Think back to the lockout season, too many NHL-ers came over here and went through the motions, hence a motivated OV would be great but for me the player who best encapsulates grit, determination and a turn up every day mentality would be Jarome Elvis Iginla. Sheer class.

bit of a wierd one.. but he is favourite player. i would like to see Ales Hemsky playing for us (when hes not injured):D great playmaker but is able to finish his shots aswell. Great Player.