NHL farm teams in the UK?

Thread starter #1
This has been stolen from THF and I thought it was very interesting, so I'm posting it on here aswell.

" Recurring rumours on this side, to be announced on 'Hockey Night In Canada' tomorrow night have 8 NHL teams transferring their AHL farm teams to 8 EIHL cities not 2 as rumoured, as thanks for the EIHL advertising on nhl.com where the response to EIHL hockey has been overwhelming. NHL owners are convinced their better prospects and high draft choices will thrive and develop faster at the pace and standard of play currently being played in the EIHL than at AHL level.

Washington will be transferring their AHL farm club to ( Edinburgh Caps), Florida to ( Nottingham Panthers), New Jersey to ( Cardiff Devils), Vancouver to ( Belfast Giants), Calgary to ( Coventry Blaze), Tampa Bay to ( Hull Stingrays), Pittsburgh to ( Sheffield Steelers) and pending either Phoenix/Hamilton to ( Newcastle Vipers)."

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
I'm guessing the one about the 2 AHL teams and Edinburgh are legit though?

Yes those rumours were meant seriously , and if they were to come off hopefully it would be a big lift to the caps finances early on in the season. :cool:

Thread starter #7
Yeah, I'd like Cardiff to do something along the lines of that. Even teams from Europe and I'd be really happy.
I'd like to see us play other teams instead of the usual pre-season basingstoke, manchester etc.

I've only been into the hockey for 2 years, so I dont really know how long ago we ere playing exciting teams etc.