NHL coverage

Thread starter #1
Hi folks,

Could any of you NHL fans out there tell me whether espn are covering NHL this year?
If not, is there anywhere u can watch live games or highlights?

Thanks

Gazza272

slapshot said:
Hi folks,

Could any of you NHL fans out there tell me whether espn are covering NHL this year?
If not, is there anywhere u can watch live games or highlights?

Thanks

ESPN do not have the rights this year, they have been bought by premier sports which you can find just below ESPN if you have sky.

Other than that the NHL game centre on the NHL website is the only place you can view highlights.

Terry

Having cancelled my ESPN America contract, I'm mulling over whether or not to sign up to Premier Sports to get my NHL fix - so does anyone have any views as to how the Premier Sports coverage compares with ESPN's?
Thanks.

Terry said:
Having cancelled my ESPN America contract, I'm mulling over whether or not to sign up to Premier Sports to get my NHL fix - so does anyone have any views as to how the Premier Sports coverage compares with ESPN's?
Thanks.
Go for the game centre for $20 a month until season finishes. Gives you all the home and away games you want of your team. I thought last night I wouldn't be able to see the Leafs v Bruins game as it was live on premier but got it on game centre that said wish I had went to bed as they got humped 7-0 at home. I know it all depends on your Internet speed to get a good streaming of the game though.

Terry said:
Thanks.
I have it and the coverage of the game is good.... but that's it you just get the game. I used to enjoy on the fly and the post match interviews etc you don't get that unfortunately

A good online site I use shows most/all the games live. Good streaming too, easy to watch, and great to get your NHL fix!

Is it alright if I link the page in mods?

Thanks.

Aberdare_Devil said:
A good online site I use shows most/all the games live. Good streaming too, easy to watch, and great to get your NHL fix!

Thanks.
Yes please, could you PM me it?

Skippy

Re: Re: NHL coverage

Aberdare_Devil said:

Thanks.
Shouldn't be a problem.. at the very least I'd like to know the address :)

Has the Premier Sports coverage got any better with the now promised 10 games a week?

My internet at home is not the best and i think would struggle with game center.

Im thinking about signing up to Premier Sports but wanted to see what the general opinion is before i do

I've got Premier Sports. Its pretty decent to be honest. www.premiersports.tv has the full line up of games until Feb on their site now. They're also screening NHL 24/7 HBO Road to the winter classic starting tomorrow night at 9pm. The in game coverage (commentary etc) is usually CBC Hockey Night in Canada, Versus or MSG so that's great but the only drawback is they don't have intermission coverage (they have stated they are still talking to CBC about HNIC intermission rights), but Game Center Live doesnt have intermission coverage either anyway. They do show 10 games a week guaranteed. I'm pretty happy with the service for £8 to be honest. It's only going to get better.

kettdevil1

Gohabsgo said:
I've got Premier Sports. Its pretty decent to be honest. http://www.premiersports.tv has the full line up of games until Feb on their site now. They're also screening NHL 24/7 HBO Road to the winter classic starting tomorrow night at 9pm. The in game coverage (commentary etc) is usually CBC Hockey Night in Canada, Versus or MSG so that's great but the only drawback is they don't have intermission coverage (they have stated they are still talking to CBC about HNIC intermission rights), but Game Center Live doesnt have intermission coverage either anyway. They do show 10 games a week guaranteed. I'm pretty happy with the service for £8 to be honest. It's only going to get better.
For me the big drawback at the start of the season was the absence of "On the Fly". This was a handy way of keeping up to date, particularly during the week.

Is it still missing from the lineup - any news on whether it will be introduced?

wildthing74

kettdevil1 said:
For me the big drawback at the start of the season was the absence of "On the Fly". This was a handy way of keeping up to date, particularly during the week.

Is it still missing from the lineup - any news on whether it will be introduced?
For me the sole reason I didn't sign up initially was that they didn't have 'on the fly'.By far the best show to keep up to date with all the league's goings on without watching a load of games where you have no interest in either team.
I finally signed up last night on the basis that they at least have 24/7 and the Winter Classic.I just hope they follow through on the promise to get on the fly.

signed up to premier sports and already looking forward to the good game on today.

Anyone know of any good free sites on line for streaming live games also.

Dont want to sign up for game center if the web in the house cant keep up

Is myp2p still as good as it used to be? Haven't used it In years and have game center now so don't watch streams. But I always remember it being reliable.

I find Premier Sports to be decent as well. I think it's the same as ESPN - it's just the games that are shown on the NHL network in north America. Just missing On the Fly which is indeed a pity.

I've got it because a)my broadband is limited to 2gb pcm so that'd be two games on game centre and b) they show the Gaelic Games from Ireland in the summer. Hurling is a great way to enjoy big men chasing each other with sticks when there's no ice hockey on.

Corcaigh abu!